Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2019, 07:59 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
So this is exactly what I'm saying. You only need faith and good deeds for salvation even though you were immoral previously. You could be moral your entire life but if you have no FAITH in Jesus Christ there is no salvation.
Correct. Look at it this way. You are born into a family. You don't choose your mom or dad or siblings. Morality doesn't matter. They are your physical family by blood. (I understand people can break relationships etc., but by God's design this would be the case). With relation to God, exchange the blood and the physical relationship with our family -to- our spirits and a spiritual relationship with God, who is a Spirit. We are born into the spiritual family of God through our faith in Jesus Christ.

Quote:
So really no explaination as to why millions through no fault of their own are born in the wrong country and never receive the gospel of Jesus Christ will never have a chance at salvation even though they lived righteously.
Nope - other than what I said above. Hopefully it will be understood on the other side.

Quote:
Exactly, it does not make sense. What kind of God approves of the scapegoating, torture, and murder of one man—his son, incidentally—in compensation for the misbehavior and thought-crimes of all others? For God this is viewed as loving act but imagine if I approved that same scenario for my son. It would be considered murdereous and evil, not love.
Right, that's called love. But that's not the whole story. The whole story involves Christ being physically raised from the dead to new life, and how His life can be transferred to us as well - freely through faith in His Son. That's the difference between God offering His Son, and you offering your son.

It doesn't make sense? Go back to what I mentioned in my first post. You don't lean on your own understanding, knowing the His ways are different from our ways.

I totally get it that it doesn't make sense to those who don't believe. But when you have a relationship with God, it's like no other relationship you can have on earth.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 02-28-2019 at 08:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 07:59 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times
Every knee bows IN/EN the Name of Jesus in all dimensions of the earth, the heavens & the underworld.

All saved, and more so, reconciled in the mighty draw of the Unlimited One.

This identical polys “made sinners” in the first Adam, are the polys “made righteous” in the Last, every last broken wreck reconciled!

Never ever limit the Holy One Of Israel!

If you imagine His will being multiple choice, know His will prevails, ALWAYS!

Salvation in the koine =esothen & sozomenos & sothesomai

There is a tense in koine known as the descriptive present, or the progressive present, which depicts an action in progress.

Yes, God IS the Saviour of all mankind, not some of mankind: all of mankind!

Old 02-28-2019, 08:11 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
<snipped>
Accept the life of Jesus as your own or ultimately lose both body and spirit at the moment of physical death.

It is your choice. I suggest you choose wisely.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Will you still be hollering threats at people after physical death? It’s what you’re always practicing so how would you be able to do anything else? Don’t you want to start practicing now whatever it is you think you’ll be doing then?

Old 02-28-2019, 08:18 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I already plainly stated that murder is the unforgivable sin.
Hence the head wound that reveals the beast and false phrophet of the earth.

You are likely aware of certain people who have taken the mark and openly boast about their freedom to choose the shedding of innocent blood.
Please quote book chapter and verse which states murder is an unforgivable sin.

It is NOT.

To find the answer I went to the Bible.

And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. - Jesus as quoted by Matthew 12:31

Jesus, who I think knew what He was talking about, openly stated that murder could be forgiven.

Jesus DID define the unforgivable sin - blaspheme against the Ruach haKodesh, the Holy Spirit as it is named in Hebrew.

Some people assume this means taking the Lord's Name in vain or attributing wickedness unto God. It's all that to be sure, but what is blaspheme against the Holy Spirit?

Jesus was accused of blaspheme because He identified Himself with God. That would be blaspheme against the Father.

Blaspheme against the Holy Spirit would be the act of claiming TO BE the Holy Spirit.

A more obvious example would be a person who thought he or she was their own truth and lived accordingly - in abject defiance of the gentle ministrations of the Ruach and of the salvation provided by the Son through the blood He shed upon the cross.

He who rejects the spirit rejects the salvation bought by the Son upon the cross in His blood.

THAT sin ... THAT rejection ... results in total destruction - in the Second Death called the Lake of Fire where both body and spirit are totally and completely annihilated for all time and eternity.

"...these people act without thinking, like animals without reason, born to be captured and destroyed..."
- 2 Peter 2:11a

Old 02-28-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Will you still be hollering threats at people after physical death? It’s what you’re always practicing so how would you be able to do anything else? Don’t you want to start practicing now whatever it is you think you’ll be doing then?
Who am I threatening? Name them.

I am giving warning as written in the Word of God.

That you find it unpalatable is not my problem, neither is it an expression of judgment or threat on my part.

Telling people lies about their destiny isn't right. Neither is writing the truth forbidden by God.

Fools want to hear something different. Fools deny the truth and take offense at it.

Fools concoct their own lies and suffer destruction because of it.

The wise consider what they hear and read and act accordingly - to their benefit.

Our problem today is that we live in a culture inspired by fools.

"Ignorance can be cured by acquiring knowledge.
There's no cure for stupid."

- John Wayne

Old 02-28-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Every knee bows IN/EN the Name of Jesus in all dimensions of the earth, the heavens & the underworld.

All saved, and more so, reconciled in the mighty draw of the Unlimited One.

This identical polys “made sinners” in the first Adam, are the polys “made righteous” in the Last, every last broken wreck reconciled!

Never ever limit the Holy One Of Israel!

If you imagine His will being multiple choice, know His will prevails, ALWAYS!

Salvation in the koine =esothen & sozomenos & sothesomai

There is a tense in koine known as the descriptive present, or the progressive present, which depicts an action in progress.

Yes, God IS the Saviour of all mankind, not some of mankind: all of mankind!
I don't know who you are or where you get your ideas. They are not Biblical. They do not come from God.

One must assume therefore that if they don't come from God they come from the prince of lies and darkness.

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
- Jesus as quoted by Matthew 7:14

I think Jesus knew what He was talking about. His words do not agree with yours.

Who do you think you are?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Old 02-28-2019, 08:30 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:

That you find it unpalatable is not my problem, neither is it an expression of judgment or threat on my part.

Telling people lies about their destiny isn't right. Neither is writing the truth forbidden by God.

Fools want to hear something different. Fools deny the truth and take offense at it.

Fools believe their own lies and suffer destruction because of it.

The wise consider what they hear and read and act accordingly - to their benefit.

- John Wayne

I thought via Matt 5:22 a Christian wasn't supposed to go around calling others fools. Are you worshiping your own human intellect? That's supposed to be my shtick.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:30 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:

It is NOT.

And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. - Jesus as quoted by Matthew 12:31

Jesus, who I think knew what He was talking about, openly stated that murder could be forgiven.

Jesus DID define the unforgivable sin - blaspheme against the Ruach haKodesh, the Holy Spirit as it is named in Hebrew.

Some people assume this means taking the Lord's Name in vain or attributing wickedness unto God. It's all that to be sure, but what is blaspheme against the Holy Spirit?

Jesus was accused of blaspheme because He identified Himself with God. That would be blaspheme against the Father.

Blaspheme against the Holy Spirit would be the act of claiming TO BE the Holy Spirit.

A more obvious example would be a person who thought he or she was their own truth and lived accordingly - in abject defiance of the gentle ministrations of the Ruach and of the salvation provided by the Son through the blood He shed upon the cross.

He who rejects the spirit rejects the salvation bought by the Son upon the cross in His blood.

THAT sin ... THAT rejection ... results in total destruction - in the Second Death called the Lake of Fire where both body and spirit are totally and completely annihilated for all time and eternity.

"...these people act without thinking, like animals without reason, born to be captured and destroyed..."

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

https://biblehub.com/1_john/3-15.htm

Anyone who hates another brother or sister is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don't have eternal life within them.

Instead of listening to the murderers who have taken the mark of the beast. Read the Holy scripture.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:36 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,139 times
Quote:

It is NOT.

One is free to speak against the son of man, but one can not reject the Spirit of God/Spirit of Revelation, the "Word of God" (Matthew 12:32), which the false prophet Paul, the founder of the gospel of grace/cross has surely accomplished (Hebrews 8:13). The "mark of the beast" would be the mark left by the "dragon", given to the "beast with two horns like a lamb" (Revelation 13), the instituter of the Roman church, the Roman emperor Constantine, which was the cross, and the symbol of your false gospel of grace. The apparent judgment for having the "mark" appears to be one having to drink from the cup of the wrath of God (Revelation 14:10), and remaining in the grave (Revelation 20:5).

New American Standard Bible Matthew 12:32
"Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:40 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:

Fools concoct their own lies and suffer destruction because of it.

- John Wayne

You are practicing hollering what you believe to be God's threats. Is that what you intend to be doing after physical death? Will you know how to do anything else if that's all you ever practice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity