Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 08:36 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It’s interesting that the woman at the well was a stranger to Jesus.
actually she wasn't, Jesus knew about her life, (John 4:16-18 Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come here.” The woman answered and said, “I have no husband.” Jesus said to her, “You have well said, ‘I have no husband.' for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly”). after all he did come from Heaven and he created ALL humans with his Father. she was shocked that he knew her. though at first, she didn't know who he was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 08:51 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I didn't realize you had a doomsday mentality filled with religious ignorance and fear.
so I take it ,that you don't believe in God? this world as we know it, will soon End. NOT the literal Earth as MANY are taught to believe, (Eccles. 1:4 One generation goes, and another generation comes; but the earth remains forever). but those who are deemed as wicked by Jehovah God and Jesus ,(Psa. 37:34 Wait on the Lord, And keep His way, And He shall exalt you to inherit the land; When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it). there is a Great war, that will soon come about, and it's called Armageddon, (Rev. 16:16 And they gathered them together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon).

this is when Jehovah God unleashes destruction by means of King Jesus over the entire Earth ,(Rev. 17:14 "These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful").those going against Jesus won't actually fight him... they couldn't! it meant those wicked ones will go against Jesus true followers.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:01 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
The social gospel, which you seem to be pushing, is not part of the kingdom of God.

One of the signs of the End Times is that people will NOT be repenting of their sins and wickedness. In fact, they will be honoring it, flaunting it, and pretending it is the new standard of behavior. They will overtly hate God. (2 Timothy 3:1, 2 Peter 3:3, etc.)

We ARE called to worry.
Jesus;
Luke 12:22 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, what you will wear.
Quote:
The hymn ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS is a strident song of faith not a lullaby.

A common false gospel in the church today is CONTENTMENT. It is broadly published and proclaimed that we ought to be CONTENT with our faith, with our lives and with our society. Nowhere does the Bible condone contentment. We are to be soldiers for Christ working and suffering and fighting for an end to sin in ourselves and our communities. Only dead fish swim with the current. Only the cemetery has a population of contented people. Contentment is kin to death and approval of sin.

In Jesus' day religion and politics were an integral part of life. Have you not read of the heroic battles of the Maccabees honored by the Jewish festival of Hanukkah? Have you not read in the gospel of the insurrectionist Barabbas? A rebel against the Roman empire was released by the Roman governor of Judea because of religious and political pressure to do so. Barabbas was later killed, by the way. The city of Jerusalem was later razed by Roman legions because of religious and political issues and rebellion. I would hardly call that a lack of separation between religion and politics.

On the other hand, if you are referring to the American trend to turn its back on God - manifested by rejection of everything Judeo-Christian, then I would say you are comparing apples to oranges. There is no similarity at all.

Jesus stood up to corruption of the House of Prayer, not corruption among merchants and bureaucrats.

The gospel of Jesus Christ is about standing up to SIN, about yielding to God's gentle reminder that He loves us and wants to bless us IF we surrender to Him. Jesus is all about building the kingdom of God from within. Once the inner process is begun it may be reflected in society around us - BY NOT BEING CONTENT with it.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Paul;
Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.

1 Corinthians 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.
Both Jesus and Paul would seem to disagree with you with regard to contentment and worry. They say don't worry, and be content.

Last edited by Michael Way; 03-07-2019 at 09:30 AM..

Old 03-07-2019, 10:29 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
I didn't realize you had a doomsday mentality filled with religious ignorance and fear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
so I take it ,that you don't believe in God?
You shouldn't make assumptions.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I don't believe that humanity is capable of destroying the earth, however they may destroy themselves? It appears that people are suffering from mental (psychological) and emotional anguish from what they believe. And the religious mindset will continue to follow the script to its own destruction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I used to believe the same..this planet is going to go on with or without us....however...CO2 levels Jerwade...do a little research. If we go past the tipping point and some scientists say we have, Earth could become another Venus.
I am aware of the cause(s) and effects, but I do not believe this planet will become another Venus. You might want to consider that some climates are better for growing crops than others. And, as the population increases, so will the need for food production. We may need a different climate overall in order to meet those demands. God's thoughts are beyond the thinking of man, and we need a Garden of Eden and longer growing seasons, not fearmongering.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:34 AM

Fearmongering is merely a means of producing revenue.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:53 AM

277 posts, read 227,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
so I take it ,that you don't believe in God? this world as we know it, will soon End. NOT the literal Earth as MANY are taught to believe, (Eccles. 1:4 One generation goes, and another generation comes; but the earth remains forever). but those who are deemed as wicked by Jehovah God and Jesus ,(Psa. 37:34 Wait on the Lord, And keep His way, And He shall exalt you to inherit the land; When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it). there is a Great war, that will soon come about, and it's called Armageddon, (Rev. 16:16 And they gathered them together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon).

this is when Jehovah God unleashes destruction by means of King Jesus over the entire Earth ,(Rev. 17:14 "These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful").those going against Jesus won't actually fight him... they couldn't! it meant those wicked ones will go against Jesus true followers.
That's exactly right... The Earth will be healed by God and made new but those who destroyed it will not get to see the new heavens and Earth. Good post jojo,

TC

Old 03-07-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
That's exactly right... The Earth will be healed by God and made new but those who destroyed it will not get to see the new heavens and Earth. Good post jojo,

TC
Are you also a jehovah witness?

Old 03-07-2019, 01:59 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
I am aware of the cause(s) and effects, but I do not believe this planet will become another Venus. You might want to consider that some climates are better for growing crops than others. And, as the population increases, so will the need for food production. We may need a different climate overall in order to meet those demands. God's thoughts are beyond the thinking of man, and we need a Garden of Eden and longer growing seasons, not fearmongering.
Not trying to fearmonger at all. Just sayin' we're seeing CO2 never seen before, ever. That doesn't get your attention? Go back millions of years and follow the dotted line going up and down and then poof, off the charts? Venus was once like Earth. Mars too.

Old 03-07-2019, 02:29 PM

277 posts, read 227,846 times
Quote:
Are you also a jehovah witness?
Yikes... No, just 'quotin the Scriptures';

Psalm 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Isaiah 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Looking at the state of the Earth today, I don't think that has happened yet...

TC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity