U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:09 PM

1,918 posts, read 5,233,528 times

Advertisements

I'm having a hard time finding something. Christian school, science fair project has to have a Bible verse on the display board. The project is testing the 5 second rule (dropping food and the growth of bacteria).

It has to be from KJV. We have a few picked out, but they don't seem entirely appropriate, or maybe just not hitting the spot. I am horrible at interpreting verses.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:13 PM

8,377 posts, read 3,301,320 times
Leviticus 10:10

"You are to distinguish between the holy and the common, and between the unclean and the clean”

(ooh, that's good one. ;D)

Old Today, 12:20 PM

1,918 posts, read 5,233,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Leviticus 10:10

"You are to distinguish between the holy and the common, and between the unclean and the clean”

(ooh, that's good one. ;D)
Awesome! Thank you so much!

Old Today, 12:24 PM

I'm curious about the experiment. How is he going to conduct it? It would be interesting if you would post his findings.

Old Today, 12:34 PM

8,433 posts, read 2,915,957 times
https://www.openbible.info/topics/discernment_

Old Today, 12:45 PM

252 posts, read 151,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
I'm having a hard time finding something. Christian school, science fair project has to have a Bible verse on the display board. The project is testing the 5 second rule (dropping food and the growth of bacteria).

It has to be from KJV. We have a few picked out, but they don't seem entirely appropriate, or maybe just not hitting the spot. I am horrible at interpreting verses.

Any suggestions?

Romans 14:14-15 King James Version (KJV)

14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

The question I have is; Why are you trying to tie science in with a Bible verse on eating? A Christian school should be teaching things related to our life in Christ such as 'the sanctification of our food' through faith and prayer-not what happens when you drop a piece of food on the ground for 5 seconds... The one is carnal minded, and the other is spiritual-which is what we are to be focused on... Perhaps the reason you cant seem to find an appropriate verse, is because testing a dropped piece of food on the ground for its 'cleanliness' is not a commandment for 'training the children up in the way they should go'. Hope you will think on that awhile...

TC

Old Today, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
Romans 14:14-15 King James Version (KJV)

14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

The question I have is; Why are you trying to tie science in with a Bible verse on eating? A Christian school should be teaching things related to our life in Christ such as 'the sanctification of our food' through faith and prayer-not what happens when you drop a piece of food on the ground for 5 seconds... The one is carnal minded, and the other is spiritual-which is what we are to be focused on... Perhaps the reason you cant seem to find an appropriate verse, is because testing a dropped piece of food on the ground for its 'cleanliness' is not a commandment for 'training the children up in the way they should go'. Hope you will think on that awhile...

TC
I would think the assignment was simply a way to get kids to ponder Bible verses, and look through the Bible for something possibly related. Just as an exercise to look through the Bible.

I play Bible Hangman with students for that exact reason. Bible in hand, they go up to the whiteboard and play the game. When the words are guessed, the person leading reads the verse.

I'm not trying to teach them how to spell, or how to guess partial words.

Same thing.

Old Today, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I would think the assignment was simply a way to get kids to ponder Bible verses, and look through the Bible for something possibly related. Just as an exercise to look through the Bible.

I play Bible Hangman with students for that exact reason. Bible in hand, they go up to the whiteboard and play the game. When the words are guessed, the person leading reads the verse.

I'm not trying to teach them how to spell, or how to guess partial words.

Same thing.
So you use a depiction of a hanging, to teach children? Wow... Do you think Jesus would have used that method? Parents should be teaching their children spiritual things. You ought to be teaching how to spell, basic math, etc writing part of the word- leaving out a letter or two, making them fill in the blanks, rather than using a drawing of a man being killed). Unbelievable...

Old Today, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
So you use a depiction of a hanging, to teach children? Wow... Do you think Jesus would have used that method? Parents should be teaching their children spiritual things. You ought to be teaching how to spell, basic math, etc writing part of the word- leaving out a letter or two, making them fill in the blanks, rather than using a drawing of a man being killed). Unbelievable...
Funny, we don't actually "hang" him. We build a man standing, but no noose.

It seems to take very little to set you into a tailspin.

Old Today, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Funny, we don't actually "hang" him. We build a man standing, but no noose.

It seems to take very little to set you into a tailspin.
Why call it hangman then? And why use a worldly method to teach spiritual things? I'm not in a 'tailspin', just rather disgusted with the state of 'Christianity' in America... This worldliness that has crept into churches is very disturbing. if 'hangman' has to be used to get the job done. It tells me the Holy Spirit isn't the one empowering the teaching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or