U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 02:04 PM

219 posts, read 192,026 times

Advertisements

The following comes to me through my personal relationship with Father God, His Son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit (see: https://christianspiritualandbiblica...ist-salvation/ ). I have provided scripture and thoughtful insight to support my personal revelations and my faith.

In both, the Old Testament and New Testament, sin offerings were made for the atonement of sins.

Numbers 28:30. Include one male goat to make atonement for you.

Hebrews 5:3. This is why he has to offer sacrifices for his own sins, as well as for the sins of the people.

Today, it is common practice for the dead in purgatory to obtain indulgence from God through the Catholic Church for remission of the temporal punishment due to sins whose guilt has already been forgiven (C.C.C., X. Indulgences). So, in other words, the Catholic Church intervenes for the individual by asking Father God, who stores up our good works, to apply some of them in lieu of punishment due to sins. But these indulgences are limited to those who die in the communion of saints. Although, falling short of the glory of Christ, this is a good example of atonement being made for the dead in the afterlife by offering up good works.

The Churches fail to teach the complete work of salvation. Salvation must reach to all humans and fallen angels in all places of all times.

Mark 16:15. He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”

Jesus descended into hell for three days to deliver the faithful dead with His sacrificial blood atonement.

1 Peter 4:6. For this reason the gospel was preached also to the dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in spirit.

Jesus now holds the keys to death and Hades. The fallen humans and angels in hell can be saved. Otherwise, the work of salvation would not be complete and we fall short of the glory of God.

Revelations 1:18. I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

One of the attributes of God is that He goes unchanging. And Jesus would still hold the keys of death and Hades. He would still be salvaging and delivering the souls of the underworld. This is the one true Son of God. This is the Jesus, Christians and others should get to know. We should search scripture with the loving heart of Jesus.

Our good works can be offered up to Christ as atonement for the sins of those in the netherworld. Atonement is necessary because they are the fallen. This completes the work of salvation. To say otherwise, is to cut short the work of salvation in Christ.

2 Maccabees 12:46. Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin.

It is all the same for God to free prisoners in this world from their captives as it is for Christ to free prisoners from their captives in the spirit world.

Zechariah 9:11. As for you, because of the blood of my covenant with you, I will free your prisoners from the waterless pit.

And Christ will free prisoners in hell through you because of the blood of the covenant He has with you. This is a blessing bestowed upon us by our Lord.

And, it is by the power of the Son of God that salvation is carried out.

1 Corinthians 1:18. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Let’s not fail to see the significance of being able to offer up our goods works as atonement for the sins of the lost souls in hell. Your fallen family, friends, strangers and even angels without God can have their souls restored (salvaged) by the divine power of Christ and be with God, Jesus, the angels, family and friends in heaven. One must be in good standing with God and sense no unhealthy spirits in one’s life before atonement will be accepted. Although, atonement is required of us for the forgiveness of the sins of those in hell, it is by the Lord’s sacrifice that the souls of the dead can be salvaged and that heaven and hell are open. Glory goes to Father God and His Son, Jesus Christ. It is a privilege to partake in the heavenly family business of salvation and an even greater honor to work so closely with Father God and Christ in salvaging souls.

1 Corinthians 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.

Jesus is mighty to save and He will stretch His staff down to the very depths of hell to save souls.

Try offering up your good works for the poor souls in hell and ask Jesus to give you a revelation. I believe He will, as long as you are right by God and have the good works to offer.

1 Thessalonians 5:19-21. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good,

In conclusion, this, my friends, is the most loving thing you can do for these poor, lost souls. And, may God bless you for such an undertaking.

I would like to share with you an Ancient Homily that was read for Holy Saturday. I do hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

The Lord’s descent into hell

“What is happening? Today there is a great silence over the earth, a great silence, and stillness, a great silence because the King sleeps; the earth was in terror and was still, because God slept in the flesh and raised up those who were sleeping from the ages. God has died in the flesh, and the underworld has trembled.

Moderator cut: Trimmed to comply with the Terms Of Service.

“The cherubim throne has been prepared, the bearers are ready and waiting, the bridal chamber is in order, the food is provided, the everlasting houses and rooms are in readiness; the treasures of good things have been opened; the kingdom of heaven has been prepared before the ages.”

Source: From an ancient homily for Holy Saturday: The Lord's descent into hell

Ancient Homily for Holy Saturday: PG 43, 440A, 452C: LH, Holy Saturday, OR.

Source approved by the Vatican of the Roman Catholic Church.

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-04-2019 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: Too big of a copy/paste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 03:50 PM

3,655 posts, read 1,135,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyservant View Post
The following comes to me through my personal relationship with Father God, His Son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit

snip
Now thats a trinity!

Old 03-05-2019, 11:02 AM

10,569 posts, read 2,702,109 times
I believe its possible for someone who is dead and in hell, to change their mind and cry out to God to be saved, free will would not be effected, even if the person has died, that was a gift from God, to us (our souls are immortal), only our bodies are temporary.

If free will stopped at death, it would have been a temporary or limited gift.

Old 03-05-2019, 02:45 PM

8,102 posts, read 7,071,630 times
Problem is the angels of God collect souls and spirits of the departed and only the souls that are protected by Jesus Holy Spirit will survive in the afterlife ................ See Jesus said from Matthew 10:28..``do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul , but be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in hell ``

Old 03-05-2019, 02:51 PM

1,382 posts, read 486,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I believe its possible for someone who is dead and in hell, to change their mind and cry out to God to be saved, free will would not be effected, even if the person has died, that was a gift from God, to us (our souls are immortal), only our bodies are temporary.

If free will stopped at death, it would have been a temporary or limited gift.
Free will, the ability to do as one chooses, either right or wrong, kind of stops with death, as one no long muses or does in the grave. One's "soul" is comprised of "dust" and the "breath of life" (Genesis 2:7). The dust without the breath of life, simply lies in the grave, or blows in the wind.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 10Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:42 PM

15,376 posts, read 12,129,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I believe its possible for someone who is dead and in hell,
to change their mind and cry out to God to be saved...
I believe that also ...because of knowing God and from all the things I have read over decades.
Saying I believe it doesn't mean its true...only if I know this from personal experience would I say that.

I'm sorry to say, once the op quoted that God wanted atonement in the form
of an animal sacrifice...I didn't read on.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:20 PM

219 posts, read 192,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I believe that also ...because of knowing God and from all the things I have read over decades.
Saying I believe it doesn't mean its true...only if I know this from personal experience would I say that.

I'm sorry to say, once the op quoted that God wanted atonement in the form
of an animal sacrifice...I didn't read on.
Atonement today, is made by offering up good works. This is how atonement is made for those in hell.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:10 AM

10,569 posts, read 2,702,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Free will, the ability to do as one chooses, either right or wrong, kind of stops with death, as one no long muses or does in the grave. One's "soul" is comprised of "dust" and the "breath of life" (Genesis 2:7). The dust without the breath of life, simply lies in the grave, or blows in the wind.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 10Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
Think of it this way, the earth, the physical world we live in, is an illusion, its a puppet show...the REAL world, is the city, outside the building, where the puppet show is taking place...hopefully that is easy enough to understand.

Another good example is the fish and other aquatic life that lives in lakes, rivers and oceans, to them...the world is totally underwater, (that is all they know), they have NO idea of the complex world that exists right above the waters surface, and they are smack dab in the middle of it! We are like the fish, living our lives in the physical world, and that is like the underwater realm, its all we know, but right above the surface and all around us, the 'real' world exists too.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:39 PM

2,303 posts, read 625,737 times
Jesus did NOT die for the fallen angels they will all spend eternity in hell, which was designed FOR THEM. Once in hell you never get out. Good works don't get living people saved, and count for nothing if you're dead. No church or individual can atone for sins of those already gone or give excess good works for someone else's salvation. None of this nonsense is scriptural. All people who have seen or been under the rule of Christ and still reject Him (Millenium) will all be sent to hell without a hearing.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:52 PM

20,385 posts, read 9,825,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyservant View Post
Atonement today, is made by offering up good works.
This is how atonement is made for those in hell.
So, you do good works for those who died and are buried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Jesus did NOT die for the fallen angels they will all spend eternity in hell, which was designed FOR THEM. Once in hell you never get out. Good works don't get living people saved, and count for nothing if you're dead. No church or individual can atone for sins of those already gone or give excess good works for someone else's salvation. None of this nonsense is scriptural. All people who have seen or been under the rule of Christ and still reject Him (Millenium) will all be sent to hell without a hearing.
... from the pit (grave) to the frying-pan of man's imagination.
It's man who has made God into his own image and likeness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or