Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 06:38 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,521,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I have heard this is the biggest sin or crime against God, the most hurtful, the sadest....
to talk someone out of belief...of believing and loving Him....in other words,
taking someone's love away from Him.

What do you say? You, not the Bible...your heart and soul....what do they say to you?
IMO, If it helps that person be a better person its not a sin at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 07:33 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,291,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
IMO, If it helps that person be a better person its not a sin at all.
Oh and ps....even tho the op ques said, 'sin'...I don't personally say sin...mistakes, sure, blunders, sure.
Missing the mark, yes.

Old 03-09-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That kind of looks like you are saying my truth is a lie. Speaking my truth is akin to gossip or slander?
Oh, I wasn't meaning that, ha, I see what u mean ....so let me amend the vocabulary

Think of a couple...you tell one, 'He's a loser, you shouldn't be with him, I know things about him."
I called that gossip...not the right word...what I really was aiming for was 'interference'...that's it ...
as in, it's none of anyone's biz...leave them alone they are in a relationship...and on top of that are happy.
And the guy that loses the girl because of this 'interference' is majorly bummed...he got screwed.

Happened to me 2 xs in my life...others butting in...and they really didn't know the situation.....
NO, 3 xs!!!! All 3 relationships ended pretty soon after.

Old 03-09-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
OP, one with true faith can't be talked out of it. It is either true faith and everything else washes off it,
like sea foam off mighty cliff, or it is faith built on sand and easily shaken.
I know.
But, that's not the issue or the topic.
Quote:
Do you watch Vikings? There is character that suits your gauge. Athelstan.
Thanks for reminding me...I saw a little and liked it...I want to start from the beginning one day.
The gauge is in the question that I have heard...not my personal gauge ...that's why the question...what do others think. I have a feeling about it, sure.
Quote:
Why is it a sin to talk someone out of his "faith" and is NOT a sin to talk someone
into someone's "faith"?
What is the difference? In either case, it is mind manipulation.
Again...I don't call it sin, personally...don't use that word ever.
Difference would be...one has a relationship, the other does not, I suppose.
One is being influenced to dump someone...the other has no one to dump.
It is interference. No?
I'm not personally trying to make an atheist into a Christian, btw, in case you didn't know that.

Old 03-09-2019, 10:20 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,091,717 times
I think - in 98.8% of all cases - it's a sin to talk anyone into anything that isn't true.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:30 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,700,115 times
I think it is wrong to try to talk someone out of believing. However, I don't really think it's possible to convert a true believer to be an unbeliever, though atheists often try. Perhaps they feel that if the numbers of atheists grow, they will be more comfortable in their unbelief?

Old 03-10-2019, 01:11 AM

9,678 posts, read 9,971,995 times
Actually this is the sin which will blaspheme the Holy Spirit , as it does persecute God , but Jesus will forgive this sin when the person repents and turns back to Jesus

Old 03-10-2019, 03:33 AM

1,382 posts, read 764,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Actually this is the sin which will blaspheme the Holy Spirit , as it does persecute God , but Jesus will forgive this sin when the person repents and turns back to Jesus

If something was forgivable, why call it an unforgivable sin? And how can one "persecute" God? I think to repent, means to repent from sin, or turn away from sin, which is lawlessness, the religion of the Gentile church (1 John 3:4).

New American Standard Bible 1 John 3:4
Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:42 AM

1,382 posts, read 764,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh and ps....even tho the op ques said, 'sin'...I don't personally say sin...mistakes, sure, blunders, sure.
Missing the mark, yes.
Apparently, the OP was "personally" written by you? I think some of the grains of sand holding up your house are starting to wash away (Matthew 7:23-27).

Old 03-10-2019, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think - in 98.8% of all cases - it's a sin to talk anyone into anything that isn't true.
Oh, never thought of that ...yeah, I would say, "that is not a good thing.'
But, I flow with the common use of the word sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity