Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:54 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisTruth View Post
We need to remember that its all about Jesus.

A think we need to ask ourself some questions, regardless of denomination faith. Also John 4:1 tells us to try the spirits whether they are of God.

Is a church teaching what Jesus taught according to the scriptures?
Is Jesus the main focus of this church?
Is the word of God the main emphasis?

There are many warning in the Bible about false doctrine and teaching.

In 2 John 1:7 it states,
"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist."

1 John 4:1
"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone into the world."

jewish people do not believe that Jesus has come in the flesh--are you saying they are the anti christ. i dont believe that can be true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 11:55 AM

216 posts, read 604,076 times
I believe the Bible is the word of God. We are warned in the Bible that many false deceivers and teachers will enter the world.

Jesus even warned us in Matthew 24:4-5. "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."

Therefore we must try the spirits whether they are of God.
For the scriptures tell us that many people will be deceived because of this false teachings and doctrines.

If we believe that the word of God is truth,
Are we going to heed this warning?

Old 04-12-2008, 12:03 PM

but the old testament was there before the new testament--which is the correct one? the Jews follow the old and the christians follow the new. supposedly both the word of God.
i am not saying that you should not heed his warning, but there is someone on this board claiming to be speaking to Jesus and spreading His "news". this person is coming in HIS name. is this person a deciever?

i find it hard to cut most people off from God just because they dont think the way i do. i am in no position to proclaim anyone is less than i am--and no one in this earth is in that position as far as i am conserned.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:06 PM

322 posts, read 737,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
jewish people do not believe that Jesus has come in the flesh--are you saying they are the anti christ. i dont believe that can be true
Ill answer your question. That member was qouting a holy scripture, not preaching his own word. People who do not believe JESUS came in the flesh are anti-christ. Why do you think unbelieveing hebrews, whom you call jews, are exempt?

Old 04-12-2008, 12:20 PM

why do you call them (Jews) exempt when God calls them the chosen ones?
i am not Jewish but i am tying to make you see that Christians to not have the monopoly on God and HIS word. they follow the old testament which is supposed to be GOD's word--is it not?

Old 04-12-2008, 12:36 PM

326 posts, read 1,107,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
I've never attended a Catholic service, except for a short one at sea in the US navy back in 76. Corking was one for 25 years. If you want to know the truth about various Church groups, you would probally find fake Christians and at least a few false doctrines among most of them. I'm sure there are some true Christians among the Catholics, but I'm also convinced there are some false doctrines. I hate false doctrines, wether among the protestants, evangelicals, catholics, or who ever. JESUS is the Truth. Not you or me, or them, or they. JESUS is the Truth.
FYI there are many Christians who are in a FALSE church too. For example some Pastors preach that Homosexuality is O:K and that there in NO hell. Catholicism is a false religion because the Catechism is AGAINST God's holy word. Check this out:
Understanding Roman Catholicism

You can read this entire book for free online! Praise God.

Basically how do you find a TRUE church? Simple. One that follows the word fo God.

Last edited by corking28; 04-12-2008 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: take out (edit)s

Old 04-12-2008, 12:38 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Findinghope, some of these so called "born agains" enjoy playing a little childish game called "my God is better than your God" They are no more enlightened than anyone else, just a little ruder than the rest of us.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
why do you call them (Jews) exempt when God calls them the chosen ones?
i am not Jewish but i am tying to make you see that Christians to not have the monopoly on God and HIS word. they follow the old testament which is supposed to be GOD's word--is it not?
The whole bible is the word of God. Jesus said that he has some to make all things new and not to follow the traditions of the Old Testament. The ONLY two things we keep from the Old Testament is the 10 Commandments and the tithe offering (10% of income) at church.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Findinghope, some of these so called "born agains" enjoy playing a little childish game called "my God is better than your God" They are no more enlightened than anyone else, just a little ruder than the rest of us.
There is ONLY ONE God and that is the Godly trinity. He is in control of the whole universe and in order to get to heaven one has to be born again and follow his holy word!
"Unless a man be born again he will not enter the kingdom of God" Jesus Christ.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
yes i know. unfortunately there is no geting them to admit that there are other ways besides thier's to get to God.
some of them just like to high 5 eachother--but they are just preaching to the choir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity