Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 09:02 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Giving power and authority to Satan for what God created and called his is ridiculous. I have no interest in playing victim by hiding in pews and keeping my head buried in the Bible. Face the enemy head on and hurl the Bible at the bastard.
I didn’t get victim status when reading that chapter. Rather, the opposite. He states that we’ve joined the opposition and should be prepared to fight for the cause of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 09:11 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,762,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What does "the world" mean to you Jimmy? When I was in the group that claimed to be no part of the world that would have included you. You are "part of the world" to them. I wanted to be a regular kid and do regular kid things with my classmates which made me "worldly". That's about the worse thing a person could be to them but the keys to my freedom to everyone else who sees that group for what it is.

I think there is something counter to Christ's message that we should seek to separate ourselves from other people. So I hope that you are talking about something different than what the Watchtower means when it says "no part of the world".

Your post did remind me of a song (of course).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i17mgRK3GX8
Late grape,
You know better than to judge by appearance. Remember the strength of forgiveness while walking in prayer.

Would like to know who those prisoners are that kefa(peter spoke of.?

It wasn't Cain and his seed.

Old 03-16-2019, 02:33 AM

9,670 posts, read 9,938,192 times
I remember Jesus Spirit commanded here to never go near or into a psychic fair , as this would temp the Lord .... Even Jesus Holy Spirit would have here to forsake all sin that attracts demons that I was accustom to in the world when I was unsaved , and then for ever now to rebuke every demon which is discerned , and even bind them up and caste then down to Jesus and never let any go without using the authority of the believer to get rid of all of these spirits ........ See people are not the enemy to God , and Jesus said ``Forgive them for they know not what they do ``

Old 03-16-2019, 03:31 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,778,610 times
When the early Christians talked about God's kingdom versus the world, they were talking about a new type of community existing in a large empire. But their community was something where their values were held in higher regard, and they were able to practice them. It represented values of love and respect.

Nowadays Christians use the same term "worldly" to refer to anything outside of the church. But since the church has always followed the general society which has been going in a progressive direction, the church today just represents the society (or "the world") of a few decades ago, the social values. The early Christians would not have understood Christians today, which often OPPOSE the values of love and respect.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:08 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
When the early Christians talked about God's kingdom versus the world, they were talking about a new type of community existing in a large empire. But their community was something where their values were held in higher regard, and they were able to practice them. It represented values of love and respect.

Nowadays Christians use the same term "worldly" to refer to anything outside of the church. But since the church has always followed the general society which has been going in a progressive direction, the church today just represents the society (or "the world") of a few decades ago, the social values. The early Christians would not have understood Christians today, which often OPPOSE the values of love and respect.
We live move and have our being in God, unfortunately we do those things with our eyes closed in a delusional dream believing there is something and someplace outside of God. The world outside of God that the church promotes does not exist, it does to them purely because it thinks it is separate from all else,truth be known it(the church) believes itself separate from God too until it goes to heaven, well at the very least it speaks and acts that way. So if that is how it sees itself, how the hell are they ever going to see all that is not of the church anything but separate from God?. In checkmating themselves, they've inevitably checkmated those they believe are not of them.

Where could I go from your Spirit? Or where could I flee from your presence? Psalm139:7

Old 03-16-2019, 05:52 AM

1,382 posts, read 761,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
C.S. Lewis, in his book Mere Christianity describes this world as “enemy territory” (Satan’s domain) for believers and further states that when we go to church, read our Bible, pray and meditate on God, we are receiving secret messages from our Commander (God).

What say you?

Well as the "ruler of the world" is represented by the "beast" of Revelation 13, and the "beast" gets his authority from the "dragon", the devil, and Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots sits on the beast, which in our time is still the beast defined by iron/Rome, I would say, that "Christianity" is part of the church of the beast, the church of Rome/Babylon, under the guise of being "Christian". I think the "secret" messages, are not being understood. (Matthew 13:13)

Old 03-16-2019, 05:55 AM

1,382 posts, read 761,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We live move and have our being in God, unfortunately we do those things with our eyes closed in a delusional dream believing there is something and someplace outside of God. The world outside of God that the church promotes does not exist, it does to them purely because it thinks it is separate from all else,truth be known it(the church) believes itself separate from God too until it goes to heaven, well at the very least it speaks and acts that way. So if that is how it sees itself, how the hell are they ever going to see all that is not of the church anything but separate from God?. In checkmating themselves, they've inevitably checkmated those they believe are not of them.

Where could I go from your Spirit? Or where could I flee from your presence? Psalm139:7

Well, if you read more of Psalms, apparently David sinned, and was cut off from God, had to confess, repent, and produce fruit in keeping with that repentance. At that time he was reunited with God. The same cannot be said for all.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:55 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,762,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

No, that is merely your opinion.

Believers refer to the worldly as a dominion of sin. Which is obvious and plainly spoken of.

Only liars ignore what is plainly said.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:18 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Well, if you read more of Psalms, apparently David sinned, and was cut off from God, had to confess, repent, and produce fruit in keeping with that repentance. At that time he was reunited with God. The same cannot be said for all.
I have read it and i have never read of anyone being cut off from God, i used to believe so, but without any scriptural support for it.

In HIM WE live move and have our being(The We is all of us)... Where could I go from your Spirit? Or where could I flee from your presence?. You need to rethink what it means to be alienated from God. Your bible tells us, it is in our minds that we are seemingly so. To realize we are not separated from God is the beginning of reconcilation, it is this belief too that is the cause of 99% of the unlovely issues in our lives, so this thought is a huge enemy, so it is this thought we are called to repent from.

A thought that suggests you or anyone is separated from God, is the kind of enemy the OP and all in agreement with it they are failing to see and to peddle this belief is the blind not only leading the blind but deceiving the blind.

And you, being in time past alienated and enemies >>>>> in your mind in your evil works, yet now hath he reconciled. Col 1:21

Old 03-16-2019, 09:39 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,778,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
No, that is merely your opinion.

Believers refer to the worldly as a dominion of sin. Which is obvious and plainly spoken of.

Only liars ignore what is plainly said.
Of course. But certain Christians have always had their own definitions of sin. Things that are often DEFENDED in the Bible. I can't take evangelicals seriously because their values so often conflict with the values in the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity