Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 08:12 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
And that is your person opinion, is it?

Well your opinion, which you are entitled too, differs vastly from mine.

According to the ancient cultures, we live in an eternal oscillating universe that expands outward and contracts back to its beginning in space time.

“Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non-being, and again from non-being to being. In short, the constant
revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all, the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence.” ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara, or the cycle of manifestation, ‘The Great Day,’ which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by ‘Pralaya,’ a dark period, which to our finite minds would seem as an eternity, or but a moment in time.

‘Manvantara,’ is a creative day as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis, ‘Pralaya,’ is the evening that proceeds the next creative day. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest in which we now exist are referred to in the book of Genesis as the “GENERATIONS OF THE UNIVERSE.”

The English word “Generation,” is translated from the Hebrew “toledoth” which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as ‘births,’ or ‘descendants,’ such as “These are the generations of Adam,” or “these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc. And the ‘Great Day’ in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day in which those who attain to perfection are allowed to enter, where they shall be surrounded by great light and they shall experience eternal peace, while those who do not attain to perfection are cast back into the refining fires of the seven physical cycles of endless rebirths that perpetually revolve within the eighth eternal cosmic cycle.

Enoch the righteous, wrote that God created an eighth day also, so that it should be the first after his works, and it is a day eternal with neither hours, days, weeks, months or years, for all time is stuck together in one eon, etc, etc, and all who enter into the generation of the Light beings, are able to visit all those worlds that still exist in Space-Time, but not in our time.

A series of worlds following one upon the other-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it. This is the true resurrection in which all from the previous cycle of universal activity, who still have the judgmental war raging within them, are born again into the endless cycles of physical manifestation, or rebirths.
My theological beliefs are based on the Bible. Not on Buddhist beliefs which it now appears that yours are.

The Bible does not present the lake of fire as a refining fire of physical life as you call it and which you apparently think means reincarnation. The Bible presents the lake of fire as the final destination of those who will appear at the great white throne judgment after the second resurrection which is the resurrection of all unbelievers, whose names are not written in the book of life and who will therefore be cast into the lake of fire which is also called the second death.

As for the ancient cultures, including the ancient Hebrews, they had no scientific knowledge of the true cosmology of the Universe. The ancient Near Eastern peoples believed the earth was flat and covered by a hard dome which had windows to allow it to rain, and that the earth was supported by pillars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 08:14 PM

421 posts, read 153,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I like some other translations ...you cannot grasp them now....another...you cannot bear them....

3 years around campfire talks ...some seeing him turn into light, talking to the 'dead'...
what could they not grasp? Idiots!!!! Sorry, am I too blunt? MQ is rubbing off on me.
I don't remember a lot of things from when I was very young, but a couple of memories really stuck out and I have kept them in my mind.

When I was 2, my grandfather passed away, and I distinctively remember a conversation that I had with my parents on his back porch. I wanted to know why everyone was so upset because I knew that grandpa was going to come back later. Mom told me that we would see him again when we got to Heaven and that satisfied me at the time, but, at 2 years old, I definitely thought that he was going to come back later. I understood that he was dead. I didn't think that he was sleeping or had gone somewhere else. I thought that his spirit was going to return at another time. My parents do not remember this conversation.

When I was 5 or 6, and my sister was 3 or 4, we had a childish argument about the existence of black flowers. I told her that there was no such thing, and she insisted that there was. We argued for a few minutes, and then she said, "I was alive before you were born once, and I saw one." I was mad because I thought that she was lying in order to win an argument, but she wouldn't give in. The next day, she was actually upset at me because I didn't believe her. My sister does not remember this conversation.

Obviously, these stories don't prove a thing, but they have stayed in my memory all my life because they seemed odd to me. It's interesting because I don't remember anything else from when I was two.

Last edited by hball72; 06-02-2019 at 08:50 PM..

Old 06-02-2019, 08:27 PM

421 posts, read 153,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
But at the close of each period of universal activity, when the goats are divided from the sheep and are cast back into the refining fires of physical life once more, and those minds/ spirits are divided from the soul, which is the divine animating principle that pervades the entire universe, those souls must continue in the eternal cycle of rebirths, 'Reincarnations.' IMO.
Apparently, some of the early church fathers taught something like this as well, back when they spoke Greek and read from the Greek text of the Bible.

But it's difficult to know for certain. When the Catholic church decides that someone is a heretic, they tend to enjoy book bonfires.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
I don't remember a lot of things from when I was very young, but a couple of memories really stuck out and I have kept them in my mind.

When I was 2, my grandfather passed away, and I distinctively remember a conversation that I had with my parents on his back porch. I wanted to know why everyone was so upset because I knew grandpa was going to come back later. Mom told me that we would see him again when we got to Heaven and that satisfied me at the time, but, at 2 years old, I definitely thought that he was going to come back later. I understood that he was dead, I didn't think that he was sleeping or had gone somewhere else. I thought that his spirit was going to return at another time. My parents do not remember this conversation.

When I was 5 or 6, and my sister was 3 or 4, we had a childish argument about the existence of black flowers. I told her that there was no such thing, and she insisted that there was. We argued for a few minutes, and then she said, "I was alive before you were born once, and I saw one." I was mad because I thought that she was lying in order to win an argument, but she wouldn't give in. The next day, she was actually upset at me because I didn't believe her. My sister does not remember this conversation.

Obviously, these stories don't prove a thing, but they have stayed in my memory all my life because they seemed odd to me. It's interesting because I don't remember anything else from when I was two.
Out of the mouth of babes and suckling

Old 06-02-2019, 09:28 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
As for God's mercy, if one remains righteous, they will live, but if they turn from righteousness to lawlessness/evil, they will die. (Ezekiel 18:24).

Ezekiel 18:24 "But if a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked person does, will they live? None of the righteous things that person has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness they are guilty of and because of the sins they have committed, they will die.
Were it only true!

Quote:
“You shall not bow down to [idols] or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me.” Exodus 20:5
So innocent children to the 3rd and 4th generation of men who sinned against yahweh bore yahweh's punishment for the sins of their great-grandfathers.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Since Christianity teaches forbearance restraint and mercy I don’t see it being that alien from Buddhism
Since christians believe in life eternal that would imply no beginning no end very much like Buddhism
Never birth and death in the absolute

Old 06-03-2019, 07:40 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
"I was alive before you were born once, and I saw one." I was mad because I thought that she was lying in order to win an argument, but she wouldn't give in. The next day, she was actually upset at me because I didn't believe her. My sister does not remember this conversation." -hball

I love it. I have been shown past life scenes many xs. (That's what keeps me very humble,
I have been a VERY slow learner...
and have heard the clear word for word conversation I had with my father
before I was born in the In-between place...he was a best buddy...part of my Soul Group,
he took it upon himself to treat me, (from Day 1, ha, I was told what happened..)
as I treated others so I would stop, once and for all. My God, am I thick-headed...*eyeroll*..)
No one has to believe me, I don't care...like being psychic...these visions just happen to me...
Obviously, I need them ...while others do not, so they don't get them!!

Old 06-03-2019, 05:46 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally posted by The Anointed>
-
Was the earth created before our minor sun, as is revealed in the Bible?
-And did life begin to evolve on earth before our sun burst into life?
-And could the complexity of life as seen on the earth today, have evolved over the comparatively short period of a mere 4.6 billion years from the day when the earth was created?

The philosophical question that has not been answered in origin-of-life studies is this:
-How can a universe of mindless matter produce beings with intrinsic ends, self-replication capabilities, and “coded chemistry”?
~~~~
... we must now ask the question,
-“Did life on earth begin to evolve before the creation of the sun?” As is recorded in the Bible.
-And can life exist without sunlight?
The one in blue is my favorite question of all you have asked.
The others ..not so much.

I would be curious what your profession is..there is nothing in your profile.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:23 PM

3,061 posts, read 913,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
The one in blue is my favorite question of all you have asked.
The others ..not so much.

I would be curious what your profession is..there is nothing in your profile.
I am a retired 78 year old male, married to the one wonderful woman for 56 years.

As to your favourite question.....How a universe of mindless matter has produced beings with intrinsic ends, self- replication capabilities, and “coded chemistry”

The first law of thermodynamics is the same as the first law of conservation and that is, that energy can neither be created or destroyed. Therefore, according to this law, energy must be eternal, having neither beginning or end.

Energy can be and is converted to that which we perceive as matter. In fact, this material universe at the time of the Big Bang was pure electromagnetic energy, which has been converted to that which we perceive as matter only to be reconverted to its original form as electromagnetic energy during the phase of the Big Crunch.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/nothi...world-djurisic

If the Atheists, who believe in the process of evolution without intelligent design, believe that a universe of mindless matter has produced beings with intrinsic ends, [in Kantian terminology, an end-in-itself] --------- self- replication capabilities, and “coded chemistry”? Then they must accept that it is the eternal energy which has neither beginning or end, that has become this material universe and all that exists within, and has developed a mind that is the compilation of all the information gathered by all the diverse life-forms that it [The Eternal Energy] or God has become.

He is all that exists, in all that exists and all that exists, exist in him.

Romans 1: 18-23; The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, (The collective consciousness that is God is made manifest in the universe.) so that people are without excuse. 21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being, ETC.

I, myself, believe that the Space station and all it complex and intricate ground support systems, has evolved from the wheel, but not without intelligent design behind the evolutionary process, and nor did Einstein.

BTW, my three previous posts that have been deleted by A moderator, are extracts from a book that I am in the process of writing, which have all been used in other religious forums and never deleted before.

Last edited by The Anointed; 06-03-2019 at 06:57 PM..

Old 06-03-2019, 08:07 PM

3,061 posts, read 913,300 times
Where does this post violate the terms of service Copyright provision?

This is the condensed account of creation as recorded in Genesis’.....…”In the beginning God created the universe, and the (heavens, and the earth) were formless and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep and God’s active force was moving on the face of the waters. Then God said let there be light.”

Here is the scientific theory of creation........In the beginning, there was the “BIG BANG” which is said to have spatially separated the supposed infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small singularity, which in my opinion was the White Hole at the end of the Great Abyss into which the previous universe had descended, this event spewed out a liquid like soup of electromagnetic energy in the trillions of degrees, it was from the quantum of that plasma liquid-like electromagnetic energy that the earth and all the heavenly bodies would be created, and although, all that the earth was created from, was already there in the beginning, the earth at that time had neither shape or mass, which meant it was formless and void, and no suns had yet come into existence to light up the darkness of the expanding space. But there was momentum within that ever-cooling cosmic cloud of wave particles, which wave particles are the quantum of that liquid like electromagnetic energy, and are not really particles at all as they have zero mass and no electric charge, yet they carry angular and linear momentum.

One would expect, that those wave particles which are the quantum of the liquid like electromagnetic energy, would have continued to expand further and further away from each other in the expansion of the universal building material.

But with the angular momentum of those waves, they collided with each other in nuclear fusion in the creation of the first basic sub-atomic particles. As the universal temperature dropped to some billions of degrees, the dark energy which was the expansion’s acceleration force, began to form into dark matter, hydrogen and helium, with trace quantities of lithium, beryllium, and boron.

As the universe expanded and cooled, more hydrogen molecules were formed, and from these, after some thirty million years of attraction, came the formation of the first gigantic stars, [Massive atomic reactors} from which the galaxies would later be created.

And God said, “Let there be light.” Which was not the light from the sun of this minor solar system within our Milky Way galaxy, which solar system would not be created for some nine billion years after those first massive stars that lit up the darkness of the bottomless pit.

Bursting into life and light throughout the primitive universe over an unknown period of time, those first generation stars would have been thousands upon thousands of times as massive as our Sun and millions of times as bright, but each one burned for only a few million years before meeting a violent end, when they exploded out in a brilliant flash before collapsing in upon themselves creating the massive centrally condensed systems called ‘Black Holes,’ in which the greater percentage of their mass was trapped. The first creative day ended as all those gigantic stars collapsed, and evening descended as the lights of the universe went out, and the black holes devoured each other, and darkness covered the contracting space.

Was the earth created before our minor sun, as is revealed in the Bible? And did life begin to evolve on earth before our sun burst into life? And could the complexity of life as seen on the earth today, have evolved over the comparatively short period of a mere 4.6 billion years from the day when the earth was created?

The age of our present physical universe gives too little time for these theories of biogenesis to get the job done. The philosophical question that has not been answered in origin-of-life studies is this: How can a universe of mindless matter produce beings with intrinsic ends, self- replication capabilities, and “coded chemistry”? Here we are not dealing with biology, but an entirely different category of problems.” Wikipeadia.

The second DAY [Period of universal activity] begins by bringing to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it.

Other than being an extract from my Book in process, where else can it be found.

In fact, where do any of my three post which have been deleted by A moderator violate the terms of service Copyright provision?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity