Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 02:40 PM

303 posts, read 567,589 times

Advertisements

A Christian Exodus is not so nutty "come out of her my people"
Egypt in the OT represents the world and the Israelites represented Gods people
Here is Obama being compared to the Pharoh by the Egytian government & Alexander the Great by the Eastern Orthodox Church...how uncanny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2u0HPloI3o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqkS8VlFrFw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 03:33 PM

303 posts, read 567,589 times
Souperstar31 said:Revelation 18 and Jeremiah 50-51 Who is this mystery country. Can it be America?

I tend to think its America but here is a very very interesting page that everyone on either side of this argument should read before making a decision...

http://www.dabar.org/SemReview/fallbabyprob.html

Old 06-23-2009, 05:57 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,377,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
This topic has already been discussed in another thread. But it is so important, that it is worthy of further consideration. We do live very near the end. JESUS promised, that first the gospel would be preached in every nation, and then the end would come. Most serious biblical scholars agree that the gospel has now been preached in every nation. I believe that to be true, so now I expect the end to soon come.

In the Revelation, we read about a harlot sitting on a scarlet beast. Today the USA is the most dominant nation on Earth. No other nation can do anything of major consequence, without Americas aproval. Otherwise, that nation gets severely punished.

We also read about the beast with 10 kings who are going to hate the harlot and burn her with fire. GOD commands His people to leave Babylon. Babylon is the USA. Therefore, the Church should hurry and get out.

My goal is to help all true Christians in America understand that we should leave this nation before it is too late.
America is the babylon of the last day, and there are very very few true believers here in america..This is the center and chief head quarters of the false gospels..arminanism, calvinism, universalism and all that foolishness..

Old 09-17-2009, 10:51 PM

2 posts, read 4,355 times
I don't think that America is Babylon. I think Babylon is a city, a spiritual organization. Take a look at this passage - I[SIZE=3] believe this passage describes the punishment that is coming to Babylon.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]NLT Jer 25;31 His cry of judgment will reach the ends of the earth, for the LORD will bring his case against all the nations. He will judge all the people of the earth, slaughtering the wicked with the sword. I, the LORD, have spoken!’ ” 32 This is what the LORD of Heaven’s Armies says: “Look! Disaster will fall upon nation after nation! A great whirlwind of fury is rising from the most distant corners of the earth!” 33 In that day those the LORD has slaughtered will fill the earth from one end to the other. No one will mourn for them or gather up their bodies to bury them. They will be scattered on the ground like manure. 34 Weep and moan, you evil shepherds! Roll in the dust, you leaders of the flock! The time of your slaughter has arrived; you will fall and shatter like a fragile vase. 35 You will find no place to hide; there will be no way to escape. 36 Listen to the frantic cries of the shepherds. The leaders of the flock are wailing in despair, for the LORD is ruining their pastures. 37 Peaceful meadows will be turned into a wasteland by the LORD’s fierce anger. 38 He has left his den like a strong lion seeking its prey, and their land will be made desolate by the sword of the enemy and the LORD’s fierce anger. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Notice who is told to mourn, the evil shepherds, the leaders of the flock-’The time of your slaughter has arrived; you will fall and shatter like a fragile vase.’[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Although the passage doesn't specifically say Babylon, it makes sense. This Harlot worldwide Church will be punished. I believe that Babylon is the Protestant church, and its mother is the Catholic church. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]God Bless,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Glenn[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]full articles:[/SIZE]
Is America Babylon The Great? « The Big Picture Ministry

Phrophesy Timeline « The Big Picture Ministry

Old 09-17-2009, 11:43 PM

320 posts, read 447,750 times
[quote=glenn.engle;10808002]
Although the passage doesn't specifically say Babylon, it makes sense. This Harlot worldwide Church will be punished. I believe that Babylon is the Protestant church, and its mother is the Catholic church.
I totally agree, you are right in the money, and it is why God is calling his people to come out of her...in Rev!

Old 09-18-2009, 01:40 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,466,654 times
Quote:
I don't care to split hairs either. About four years ago minus about one month, suddenly one day, I was in the SPIRIT. It was an incredibly awesome event. The fear of the LORD was greatly in me. I dared not speak. I knew I was in the presence of the LORD. Suddenly, I saw a sphere, purest white. The sphere had eyes like a man and it trembled. As I looked at the sphere, GOD said, "This is the anger of GOD towards the secular Americans, GOD is not angry with the Church".

Following that, there was more. It was awesome. Awesome beyond awesome is the LORD ALMIGHTY!

That gift from the LORD, to Whom is all glory, rocked and shook me tremendously. I began studying the scripture and praying, as if my life and soul depended on it. I began repenting of every sin I could think of and continue to this day. Over time, I learned more and more. One day, last December, I knew from the scripture and the vision, that America is Babylon and that the Church should leave. There was more to the vision.

David Dyer, who has moved to Brazil, has an e-book at his website about Babylon. That adress is agrainofwheat.com I do not nesscesarily endorse everthing David writes, but the book about Babylon contains useful info about the subject.
Have you met Lionpainter? You 2 should talk

Old 09-18-2009, 09:18 AM

32,899 posts, read 26,122,799 times
Quote:
This topic has already been discussed in another thread. But it is so important, that it is worthy of further consideration. We do live very near the end. JESUS promised, that first the gospel would be preached in every nation, and then the end would come. Most serious biblical scholars agree that the gospel has now been preached in every nation. I believe that to be true, so now I expect the end to soon come.
Matthew 24:14 "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come." This does not apply to the end of the dispensation of the Church. It is talking about the tribulation. The Church will have already been raptured prior to the tribulation.

Matthew chapters 24 and 25 are talking about events that take place during the tribulation and Matt. 24:14 is referring to Revelation 14:6 'And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people;'

Quote:
In the Revelation, we read about a harlot sitting on a scarlet beast. Today the USA is the most dominant nation on Earth. No other nation can do anything of major consequence, without Americas aproval. Otherwise, that nation gets severely punished.

We also read about the beast with 10 kings who are going to hate the harlot and burn her with fire. GOD commands His people to leave Babylon. Babylon is the USA. Therefore, the Church should hurry and get out.

My goal is to help all true Christians in America understand that we should leave this nation before it is too late.
Babylon as a nation was destroyed in 539 B.C., and Babylon exists during the tribulation as a city and as a religious system. Rev.17 tells of the destruction of the religious system while Rev.18 tells of the destruction of the city. The mystery Babylon spoken of in Rev.17 is a religious system which is quite probably the Roman Catholic Church possibly iin combination with the World Counsel of Churches organization and maybe even Islam .

The United States indeed has many problems, but it is not Babylon.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:01 AM

18,190 posts, read 16,759,024 times
Quote:
I once considered moving to Australia...at the time, you had to have a small fortune to bring into their country to invest (like $250K..or more),
It IS more; it now stands at 500K American.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:58 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,182,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Have you met Lionpainter? You 2 should talk
LMAO....this is better than Maury Povich and Jerry Spriger

Old 09-18-2009, 05:10 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,400,381 times
From William Bell:

What Is A Mystery?

A mystery is not something which cannot be known, but simply that which is not known until it is revealed. The seven points in this article are now a mystery, but if you read further, they will become manifest to you.
In Revelation, “Babylon” is a code word for the mystery city. The book is not about ancient Babylon nor modern day Iraq. Babylon was used as a sign to disguise in military-type code, the identity of the city. Why? It’s because this city was marked for destruction. The political climate of the day made it extremely dangerous to speak openly of destroying this city, (Acts 6:14) especially by Christians who were viewed as its chief enemies. The preaching of Jerusalem’s impending destruction led to Stephen’s martyrdom, (Acts 7).

Its connection with ancient Babylon was its moral decay and idolatry. Ancient Babylon’s fall was precipitated by their pride and disrespect for God, the persecution of God’s people and the profaning of the temple’s holy vessels . Thus Belshazzar’s feast led to the demise of his kingdom. Hence the term Mystery Babylon.

1. “The Great City, –Where The Lord Was Crucified)

Further identifying Mystery Babylon as the great city (Revelation 17:18; 18:10), leads us to clue number one. The great city of Revelation is identified as the city spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.” (Revelation 11:8)
Besides the actual city, there is only one city in the Bible ever referred to as Sodom. It is Jerusalem, (Deuteronomy 32:32; Isaiah 1:10). The description, where also our Lord was crucified is strong evidence pointing to Jerusalem. Further, it could not be that a prophet perish outside of Jerusalem, Luke 13:33. Jerusalem was called the city of the great King. (Matthew 5:35) To the Jews it was the greatest city in the world.

2. The Golden Cup of Abominations

The imagery of the filled cup of iniquity indicates that God’s period of longsuffering had run its course. Genesis 15:16 shows why God expelled the Amorites from the land in order that Israel might inherit Canaan. The reason he did not do so immediately was because the iniquity of the Amorites was not yet full. Their cup of sin yet had room for more and did not run its course until the time of the Exodus.

Jesus spoke to the people of Jerusalem warning them that they would fill up the measure of their father’s guilt in killing the prophets. See point #3. Paul says they had filled up the measure of their sins and would experience the coming wrath. (1 Thessalonians 2:14-16).

3. God Would Avenge All The Righteous Blood Shed on Earth By Jerusalem.

Mystery Babylon was guilty of shedding the blood of the apostles and prophets, (Revelation 18:20). However, God avenged the blood of the apostles and prophets. Not only was their blood be avenged, but God avenged all the blood shed on the earth on Mystery Babylon, (v. 24).
Jesus predicted the same for Jerusalem. In Matthew 23:34-37, Jerusalem is charged with the blood guilt of all the righteous blood shed on the earth up to that time. Jesus would send more wise men, scribes and prophets whom he said they would scourge in their synagogues and persecute from city to city until he destroyed Jerusalem. It therefore matches perfectly with this description.

4. The “Mystery Babylon” Was Once a Queen.

This identifies the city as having a covenant relationship with God. Neither ancient Rome, nor any other modern city could appropriately be styled as God’s wife. Through the Old Covenant, God was married to Jerusalem, (Jeremiah 2:14). Because of her unfaithfulness, God threatens divorce. While Mystery Babylon claims to be a queen, she is widowed. (Revelation 18:7)

5. The Antithesis of the Two Cities

The contrast of the two cities in Revelation is a strong clue to the identity of Mystery Babylon. After the great city, Mystery Babylon is destroyed, God blesses a New Jerusalem. That implies an Old Jerusalem. This is the same antithesis running throughout the New Testament expressed in covenantal terms. (See Galatians 4:24-26; Hebrews 8:6-13; 12:18-23). The new Jerusalem however is not an earthly city but one which comes down out of heaven prepared as a bride adorned for her husband, (Revelation 21:1-3).

Paul writes that the church is the bride of Christ, 1 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:23-31, Hebrews 12:22, 23). The new holy city Jerusalem, takes the position as bride while the former adulterous wife receives death by fire.

6. Come Out of Her My People

The call to God’s people to come out of Mystery Babylon” (Revelation 18:4) further aligns with the ancient city of Jerusalem. Prior to its destruction, Jesus warned that his disciples should flee the city to avoid its plagues of destruction, famine and death. (Matthew 24:15-17; Luke 21:20-22).

7. Trodden Down of the Gentiles

In Luke 21:24, Jesus remarks that Jerusalem would be trodden down of the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles were fulfilled. Unfortunately, today, many believe the Gentiles are rulers over the people of God. This is impossible as that period ended in A.D. 70 when Rome destroyed Jerusalem. It was the time when all things written were fulfilled, coming to pass before that generation passed away, (Luke 21:22, 32). As old Jerusalem was once called the faithful and holy city, John prophesied that it was measured for destruction, (Revelation 11:2).
Old Jerusalem Is A Perfect Match.

Everything said about Jerusalem in the gospels, is symbolically described for Mystery Babylon in the book of Revelation. There are more contrasts and parallels but these should at least get one thinking.

Fanciful and colorful charts as those presented by John Hagee and others will forever fail to properly identify the Mystery Babylon as long as they are pointed in the future and toward some city or nation that has no antithesis with old Jerusalem. Further, a modern or present day Jerusalem, does not descend from heaven and can never be the holy city of Revelation 21.

The message and meaning of Revelation seems best and most easily understood when one values the shortly to come to pass, time is at hand time parameter of the message keeping it within a contemporary, historical setting of its first century hearers, (Revelation 1:1, 3. It may not frighten us as much, but it certainly encourages us with the message of faith, confidence in God’s sovereign power and victory over the forces of evil.

Mystery Babylon is Apostate Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity