Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 06:20 AM

421 posts, read 153,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
I have asked this question to reveal to those of the Jewish religion, who haunt this Christian forum, claiming that Christians cannot understand their Torah, haven't got a clue themselves.
No one is going to "win" this game. The only thing that you will accomplish is to clutter up the Christian threads with a bunch of pointless arguments about the glory that is fading away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 04:17 PM

3,061 posts, read 913,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
You got me. You know more about the 8th son of Jesse than I do. I feel so ashamed.
And so you should be. Why are you here in the Christian section? I assume that you are a Christian, and don't even know the Bible.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
No one is going to "win" this game. The only thing that you will accomplish is to clutter up the Christian threads with a bunch of pointless arguments about the glory that is fading away.
And you believe that the glory of the Lord is fading away, do you.

Well that would be because you have little or no understanding of the Holy scriptures.

Myself: I love it when someone poses a question to which I have no Answer, it inspires me to search deeper into the words of the Lord, this is the spiritual food on which I the mind (KNOWING THAT FLESH AND BLOOD CANOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD) continue to grow.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:23 PM

421 posts, read 153,245 times
Quote:
And you believe that the glory of the Lord is fading away, do you.

Well that would be because you have little or no understanding of the Holy scriptures.

Myself: I love it when someone poses a question to which I have no Answer, it inspires me to search deeper into the words of the Lord, this is the spiritual food on which I the mind (KNOWING THAT FLESH AND BLOOD CANOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD) continue to grow.
It was a reference to 2nd Corinthians 3 about the glory of the LAW that was "fading," or "to be done away with." You are attempting to present yourself as someone with spiritual knowlege that is vastly superior to everyone else in the forum. I figured that you would get the reference to 2nd Corinth.

You shouldn't assume that you know another person's intelligence or level of Biblical understanding.

I like these kinds of questions, as well, because they increase my knowledge. My problem is with your motive.

Last edited by hball72; 06-02-2019 at 09:45 PM..

Old 06-02-2019, 10:44 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
And so you should be. Why are you here in the Christian section? I assume that you are a Christian, and don't even know the Bible.
Anyone is allowed to post here

Old 06-02-2019, 10:48 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
It was a reference to 2nd Corinthians 3 about the glory of the LAW that was "fading," or "to be done away with." You are attempting to present yourself as someone with spiritual knowlege that is vastly superior to everyone else in the forum. I figured that you would get the reference to 2nd Corinth.

You shouldn't assume that you know another person's intelligence or level of Biblical understanding.

I like these kinds of questions, as well, because they increase my knowledge. My problem is with your motive.
How I understand it is those who have been given much, more is required of them

But when someone learns a lot they can get arrogant and think they are above everyone else

Pride can set you up for a fall

Old 06-03-2019, 04:49 AM

16,660 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
City-Data does not have a "Christian" section. This is a forum about "Christianity." You can read about it in the forum rules, both here and in the main R&S forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Anyone is allowed to post here
Of course they can. Any member can post in any forum, consistent with the rules.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:50 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Yet another classic contradiction added to the list I wasn't aware of...Chron to 1 Samuel.
Seems one brother must have died...one time there was 8 another 7.

Old 06-03-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Yet another classic contradiction added to the list I wasn't aware of...Chron to 1 Samuel.
Seems one brother must have died...one time there was 8 another 7.

I have no doubt that all the seven brothers of David, plus David himself, must have died, but according to the scriptures, all 8 sons of Jesse were alive when David was anointed King by Samuel.

Do you think that one could have been an adopted son, who would not be recorded in the genealogy of Jesse?

Last edited by The Anointed; 06-03-2019 at 05:19 PM..

Old 06-03-2019, 05:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
I have no doubt that all the seven brothers of David, plus David himself, must have died, but according to the scriptures, all 8 sons of Jesse were alive when David was anointed King by Samuel.

Do you think that one could have been an adopted son, who would not be recorded in the genealogy of Jesse?
Oh, adopted...they did that back then? But, still considered a bonafide son, eh? Sure.
Is this leading to a huge conclusion?
(I'm not a Christian or Jew nor a Bible scholar in any way, btw. Oh, not an atheist either.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity