Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 07:56 PM

9,945 posts, read 4,888,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What the Bible Says About Church
Those in the Early Church would meet together to fellowship, break bread (have communion), and to pray (Acts 2:42).
Christians are commanded to meet regularly together (Hebrews 10:25).
This gathering is a place to serve and honor one another (Galatians 5:13).
Meeting together is also ' survival classes ' in order to come through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
It depends what the community of believers focus on.... it can be dangerous to be in an environment that does not have these things
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 meekness, self-control. Against such things there is not a law.
Very good post ^ above ^ and reminded me of Jesus' New commandment for us as found at John 13:34-35.
We are Now to have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, we are Now to love neighbor ' more ' than self. More than the Golden Rule.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What about you? How’s your spiritual walk?
I find we are to 'walk by faith' ( 2nd Cor. 5:7 ) - just so we don't drive that way ! ( kidding of course )
So, our spiritual walk should be by 'faith' ( Not credulity /blind faith ) but as found at Matthew 24:14; 28:18-20; Acts 1:8.
Romans 10:13-15 pretty much sums things us for us.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If most Bible loving Christians told the truth, the answer would be compulsion .
I must admit I never heard the ^ above ^ before.
Rather, to me God is depending on us to show up at His house of worship.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:29 AM

951 posts, read 1,135,168 times
I go to church because it makes me feel better each time I go. It's inspiring and the message is always good. The music is good. I notice that when I skip church even just a few times, I start feeling negative again. It depends on the church because I have gone to many churches, and none of them had ever made me wanted to convert. I finally became a Christian this year and actually just got baptized a few weeks ago.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:15 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,780,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
I go to church because it makes me feel better each time I go. It's inspiring and the message is always good. The music is good. I notice that when I skip church even just a few times, I start feeling negative again. It depends on the church because I have gone to many churches, and none of them had ever made me wanted to convert. I finally became a Christian this year and actually just got baptized a few weeks ago.
Congratulations! I also go to church because it makes me feel better each time. When I walk out of church I feel like I am recharged for the week ahead.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:01 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,692,812 times
BECAUSE THIS IS COMING AND ALL MEN DESIRE TO BE PART OF IT ...
IF THEY FEEL IT OR OR NOT..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bhWKBZ3W2E

YES THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT ARE COMING..AND THOSE THINGS WILL BE RESURRECTED.. BECAUSE THIS CHURCH WILL AGAIN BE THE SECOND CHAPTER OF ACTS. WHICH WAS MODELED FROM THE CLANS SYSTEM OF THE (AE)LYCIANS/ (JOBS DAUGHTERS FAMILY) AND

THE coccus ilicis GRUB . THE Alaşehir (? ILISIS AND SHIRE...?) THIS IS THE CITY STATE LATER NAMES PHILIDELPHIA. THE MOTHER OF THE CHURCHES AND THE MOTHER OF THE CLANS OF( ALICIONE /SION/ZION ) OF PLEIADES ).
https://www.discovercreation.org/blo...-scarlet-worm/

Rom 8:19

For the anxious longing of the creation ( EVEN THE STARS) waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.

AND JESUS SAID ..
Luk 10:21

At that same time Jesus was filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit, and he said, “O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike. Yes, Father, it pleased you to do it this way.

AND THE CHILD LIKE .... WILL NOT BE A SATISFACTORY PERSON!! THEY WILL EACH WILL BE EXCEPTIONAL, ALL IN THER OWN WAY !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity