Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 04:38 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
But then it's not a free gift; it requires an action on my part. The gospel says, "Believe in your heart God has raised Jesus from the dead". That will require the Holy Spirit to act on me because of myself I don't have the power to do that. I'm ready, willing and able. The ball is in His court to regenerate me.
Believing is not an action or a work. You can be in a body cast at 90 years old and believe in Christ.

You exhibit true faith in Christ first, then the Holy Spirit is sent to you from heaven.

The ball is in your court. Believe in the death of Christ for your sins, and physical resurrection of Christ for new life in Him. When God sees that your faith is true, He will send you the Holy Spirit. You will know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 04:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Believing is not an action or a work. You can be in a body cast at 90 years old and believe in Christ.

You exhibit true faith in Christ first, then the Holy Spirit is sent to you from heaven.

The ball is in your court. Believe in the death of Christ for your sins, and physical resurrection of Christ for new life in Him. When God sees that your faith is true, He will send you the Holy Spirit. You will know it.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:55 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Dude, it's the sacrificial lamb, the red heiffer, the Sukkot bull for the 70 nations, and the Yom Kippur goat.
You don't accept these sacrifices, you don't accept the betrothal of Christ because as you say, it IS Judaism, and you don't accept it, and so stop saying you do when you clearly do not.
Take your Judaism views to the Judaism forum, Hanni. You have no clue what a Christina IS!

Old 08-11-2019, 05:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:

Don't eat or drink that, you have to believe you can first? Were you ever an infant?
Now, repeat after me, DR. OB, "the Spirit of life dwells within all living things."

Old 08-11-2019, 05:26 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Take your Judaism views to the Judaism forum, Hanni. You have no clue what a Christina IS!
Again, every single thing you Christians are speaking of comes from the religion Jesus loved and practiced.

Christians claim a covenant they can't even quote because they aren't in the covenant.

You guys make up your own covenant, your own worship system that hails from Babylon and teaches of the Messiah of Babylon,'' Tammuz.''

Everything you guys do, and everything you believe comes from Babylon, not Jerusalem, and we were forewarned about the apostacy where Christians would become lawless in diresepcting the commandments of God.

I sit here and watch you guys stand against everything that is called of God or worshipped of God as I am assured that the many would FALL AWAY.

On one hand Christians claim to be the temple, but if you speak about the comings and goings of the temple, ya'll don't want to hear about it. If I quote the covenant and offer of betrothal, you guys don't want to hear about it because of the simple fact that your belief has nothing to do with the religion of Jesus and all the law, and all the prophets contradict everything you guys say.

Messiah brings a covenant only for Israel and Judah, but you guys are neither Israel and Judah because you wont believe in the same religiin as Messiah spoke of and practiced.

How can anone take you guys serious when you want somebody to believe that Jesus was all the sacrifices, but tnen you say the holy days of Judaism had nothing to do with it?

It's laughable, I can't even speak of Jesus sacrifice without you guys cursing the sacrifice...

Was Jesus the Passover lamb? Was Jesus the unleavened bread? Was Jesus the first fruit? Was Jesus the ram of Pentecost? Was Jesus the sacrifice of Rosh Hashanah? Was Jesus tbe Yom Kippur goat? Was Jesus the the bull of Tabernacles? Was Jesus the sacrifice of Hashanah Rabbah? Was Jesus the sacrifice of Shemini Atzeret?

HOW COULD JESUS BE ANY OF THESE SACRIFICES TO YOU GUYS WHO OBVIOUSLY CURSE EACH SACRIFICE?

If the sacrifices of Judaism has nothing to do with the religion of Jesus, THEN WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT?

Bizarre, Jesus was, Jesus wasn't, Jesus was, Jesus wasn't.

No, the Passover lamb has ZERO to do with modern Christianity because OBVIOUSLY, YOU CURSE THE PASSOVER.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:28 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Why don't you take your lawlessness and Paganism over to the Paganism forum?

I have a much better reason for being here than you, lol.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-11-2019 at 05:58 PM..

Old 08-11-2019, 05:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Christina? I believe I know her.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:40 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:

It's not possible, DRob for a man dead in sin to come to Christ and believe in him. Jesus said, "No man can come to me EXCEPT the Spirit of God draws him." John 6:44. I could no more believe in Jesus than a dead man could get up and walk. The Holy Spirit will have to regenerate my heart to make it possible for me to believe.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:43 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Yes it is a free gift. A gift must either be accepted or refused. The way you accept the free gift of eternal life is by reaching out and taking possession of it through faith in Jesus Christ. This should not be difficult to understand.

When the Gospel message is given, the Holy Spirit makes the gospel understandable to the one hearing the message. That person then will either believe the gospel, or he won't. If he does believe the gospel then the Holy Spirit regenerates him and he is born again. Faith precedes regeneration. Calvinism is not Biblically correct.

And the only thing you are ready and willing to do is to trash Christianity at every opportunity as your posts over on the Religion forum show.

Jesus said, "No man can come to me EXCEPT the Spirit of God draws him" John 6:44. No man has the power to accept Jesus unless the Spirit convicts his heart of sin. It's not my first move, it's the Holy Spirit's.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:47 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Don't eat or drink that, you have to believe you can first? Were you ever an infant?
Now, repeat after me, DR. OB, "the Spirit of life dwells within all living things."
This directly contradicts Jesus' own word.

"The words I spoke to you are spirit and life."

You couldn't be more wrong according to Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity