Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 06:28 PM

3,220 posts, read 922,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You are the kingdom of heaven?
Yes. The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 06:41 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,353,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I for one know I haven't loved God completely.... heart, soul, mind and strength. I might do it for a short burst here and there, but overall. I can't do it.
Not to a high enough standard to mean anything compared to anyone else.
Man, was that honest!

Old 08-08-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Faith without works is dead. So both go hand in hand. Without doing the works, when ones faith gets really tested, that one will fail. His faith is dead. Both Jesus and Paul are in harmony.
I always read that as faith-- if you have faith, step up---the works being--heal people...
run out the door, put yourself on the line and pray for people, for healing...or that they sell
their house that has been sitting for 2 years! Step up and put your faith to work!

What is faith if you don't manifest that which you have faith in...that God wants us healthy and abundant and carefree.
Am I derailing the thread?

Old 08-08-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I liked how Meekat talked about walking in the light but went on to explain what it means. .
Me, too.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I liked how Meekat talked about walking in the light but went on to explain what it means. That is all I was asking the OP to do. What does walking in righteousness mean?, to me it’s just a religious term unless it explained what you mean by it, same goes for God being holy, When fundies say “Yea but God is also Holy”.
Meekat explained it like you wanted to hear.

One must know the light in order to walk in it.

Follow the son and see the light.

Copy the prophets and enter the kingdom of heaven.

Last edited by Free4you; 08-08-2019 at 07:30 PM..

Old 08-08-2019, 07:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,263,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Meekat explained it like you wanted to here.

One must know the light in order to walk in it.

Follow the son and see the light.

Copy the prophets and enter the kingdom of heaven.
Oh please You are missing the point, the point being, she explained what she was talking about, whether you or I agree with it or not, something you are incapable of doing.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Oh please You are missing the point, the point being, she explained what she was talking about, whether you or I agree with it or not, something you are incapable of doing.
Let me explain why I don't explain. It is to be revealed to those who serve the Lord and act in the truth.

Jesus did the same. That's why there are so many different interpretations

Follow me and I will reveal things that have been hidden for generations. It really is magic.
When I say "me" I mean the servant of God, the son.

"The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father,I too shall love him and reveal myself to him. "

Old 08-08-2019, 07:58 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,263,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Let me explain why I don't explain. It is to be revealed to those who serve the Lord and act in the truth.

Jesus did the same. That's why there are so many different interpretations

Follow me and I will reveal things that have been hidden for generations. It really is magic.
When I say "me" I mean the servant of God, the son.

"The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father,I too shall love him and reveal myself to him. "

Unlike you, Jesus clearly taught the Way of the Father. You’ve pedestalised Jesus and turned him into an idol

Old 08-08-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Unlike you, Jesus clearly taught the Way of the Father. You’ve pedestalised Jesus and turned him into an idol
Then why are there so many denominations?

Because no one accepts the commission. They turned Him into an idol.

Jesus and I are brothers. Equal brothers.

He's the light of the world.

I'm the light of the world. Just as He said His followers would be.

" If anyone would serve me, he must follow me. Where I am, that's where my servant will be. "

Notice how I keep His word?

Have at it.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:30 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,006,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Actually, Jesus said that eternal life is a gift, and you need only ask for it and it's yours. See John 4:10-14. As for works, Jesus said that the work of God is to believe in Him whom the Father has sent (in Jesus) See John 6:27-29.

When in Matthew 19:17 Jesus told the man who had asked him what good thing he must do to enter into eternal life, Jesus said,
And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."
he was actually showing that it is impossible to enter into eternal life by keeping the commandments. No one can keep the commandments perfectly. It is impossible for man to work, earn, or deserve eternal life. It is strictly a gift from God which one receives by placing his faith in Jesus in response to the Gospel. It can be refused by not coming to Jesus for salvation.

The OP is both wrong, and wrong headed as is anyone who thinks they can do anything meritorious to deserve salvation. Eternal life is freely offered. Though faith in Christ Jesus you reach out and take possession of that gift. It is free.
Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.
Then he lied...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity