Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2008, 09:30 PM

793 posts, read 2,213,209 times

Advertisements

Not sure if that was been talked about before, and I am sorry if it has.

My question is, The day you made Christ your savior, do you automatically make him lord as well, or does that come later.

Let say a child knows the basics about salvation and knows enough to make Christ his or her savior, but might only make Him Lord years later, when they have a better understanding.

Do we need both to be call Christian, or making Him just savior enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 12:02 AM

756 posts, read 2,574,489 times
How do you define each
making him savior....
making him Lord.....

whats the difference??

Old 04-22-2008, 06:15 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,743,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
Not sure if that was been talked about before, and I am sorry if it has.

My question is, The day you made Christ your savior, do you automatically make him lord as well, or does that come later.

Let say a child knows the basics about salvation and knows enough to make Christ his or her savior, but might only make Him Lord years later, when they have a better understanding.

Do we need both to be call Christian, or making Him just savior enough?
good question..
I can only answer this for myself, I was saved early in life and baptized when i waw 9. Now I could never say that i never messed up, but from that time on, I always knew that I had someone to answer to (besides my parents) when I messed up, someone that was there with me no matter what. IMHO i think its nearly impossible to truly have a heart conversion for Jesus and not make him lord of your life, sure we mess up, but we have the Holy Spirit to guide us and help us.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:01 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
In my opinion, Jesus is everyones savior, He died for all.. Whenyou accept Him by faith, He becomes your Lord..

Old 04-22-2008, 07:15 AM

2 posts, read 7,497 times
Blue 62 I couldn't agree more!!! To understand this better djf8630000, you could try this visa-versa, let me just ask you a question djf8630000 do you think you can make Jesus your Lord without having made Him your saviour?

Old 04-22-2008, 07:53 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,884,908 times
Great topic.

This is something that came up before and it made me start a thread.

I would encourage you to read it, it's not too long. ( http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...tion-what.html )

I think it was definitely something different for me.

I accepted Christ many years ago but only in the last few years have I really submitted to His Lordship.

Interesting topic, thanks for starting this discussion!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:03 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Yes, this is very good. Reading the links and pondering on this issue.

Thanks and hope this keeps going. I never really question this before. I love the stirring of His Spirit to check the heart.

I'm thankful He does this that one doesn't fall into complacency.

Blessings

Old 04-22-2008, 11:41 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,500,895 times
I think you can pray the prayer for salvation and He becomes your savior. Then it is a lifelong process of continually giving in to His will for Him to truly be the Lord of your life. Every time you deny His will and try to steer your own life, you are making yourself lord. I think it gets easier over time, but it is always something that we have to make a priority. Otherwise, it is very easy to slip back into our old habits.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:19 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Hi, the way I understand it is that Jesus is everyone's Savior and Lord. We may not yet know Him as Savior and we may not yet have submitted to Him as Lord. And if we know Him as our Savior then we will submit to Him as Lord because we will want to please Him. God bless.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:21 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
In my opinion, Jesus is everyones savior, He died for all.. Whenyou accept Him by faith, He becomes your Lord..
Well by gosh, this is exactly what I wanted to say...
Love you Blue
Thanks
God Bless you today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity