Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:53 PM

756 posts, read 2,569,198 times

Advertisements

By the versions do you mean pre-tribulation, or post-tribulation , or in actual beasts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 10:20 PM

793 posts, read 2,206,719 times
yes this is part of it what i mean.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:46 PM

756 posts, read 2,569,198 times
I think with evangelicals ( this from personal experience), its believed the rapture (term not in scpipture, yet means 'caught up') willhappen pre-tribulation. 7 yraes tribulation.
big fight between God and devil, devil in lake of fire and then 1000 year reighn with Jesus.

It is a duffucult book to grasp. I think like with anything your eyes and heart will recieve it all differently at differernt times in your life (walk with Jesus). I think with greater wisdom and knowledge of scripture, holy spirits discernment, and overall maturity (age wise and spiritual) you will get different things out of it. I dont think any of those things are wrong or will conflict but its all changing, yet the truth remains solid.

did that sound confusing???cuz it did when I re-read it....kinda...

Old 04-23-2008, 11:47 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,134,660 times
big part of my church's teachings are on revelations.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:49 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,083,949 times
There have been three general theologies for the most part.

Pre-Tribulation which believes that believers will be raptured before the seven years of tribulation. They rise up to meet Jesus in the clouds, then, after the Great Tribulation, they return with Jesus when He comes to the earth to set up His 1,000 year Millennial reign.

Mid-Tribulation which believes that believers will be here for the first half of the tribulation (3 1/2 years) and then be raptured out to return with Jesus for the 1,000 year Millennial reign of Christ.

Post-Tribulation which believes that there is no rapture and that Christians will endure the whole seven years of the Great Tribulation.

There's a fourth supposition that started out as a "joke" (I call it blatant disrespect) but it's garnered somewhat of a serious position (which I find horrifying). It's called Pan-Tribulation, which believes that it will all "pan out" in the end.

There you have it. I'm open for whatever God wants, and intends, to do. Personally, I find no validity in Mid-Tribulation theories. Of the other two (serious ones), I was Pre-Tribulation for years but, upon reflection, found that I was really believing that mostly because I wanted it to be true. I based my belief on other people's "studies" of it. I still don't discount its possibility, but I do tend to lean a bit more towards Post-Tribulation, as of late, due to convincing arguments. Interestingly, I had a very realistic and vivid dream of the rapture happening though. I was standing on the stairs of a temple in Israel (a place I've never been), bright and vivid as if I were really there, and then felt a comfortable pulling on my chest that made me rise into the air, with my arms outstretched. It was quite a feeling! I remember saying (in my dream), "Wow! So this is what the rapture feels like!" Although, it wasn't as funny as it sounds in the dream! I won't say it was a God-given dream, but I wouldn't discount it. To my shame, I didn't pray about it.

Still, I don't officially hold to any of them until I take the time to really delve into it with plenty of time and even more prayer to devote to a proper study of it. It's not a study I think should be delayed too long, though, because I think we're nearing the time of Jesus' return.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:59 AM

793 posts, read 2,206,719 times
I also heard the view where the 7 years are actually metaphoric, and would have started from the 1st century and will end the moment of the second coming of Christ. The study is actually online, but I can't find the link anymore. It is from a reformed church sermon.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:35 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,083,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
I also heard the view where the 7 years are actually metaphoric, and would have started from the 1st century and will end the moment of the second coming of Christ. The study is actually online, but I can't find the link anymore. It is from a reformed church sermon.
Personally, I don't find any support for that belief at all. I would be more inclined to be Mid-Trib or even Pan-Trib before I believed it was metaphorical.

One of the dangers of this is that, for the very most part, Americans have become very lazy. They don't read and study for themselves. They want to hear/watch it from a someone on TV or from their pastor in the pulpit. Those who are slightly less lazy (and I'm in NO WAY INFERRING YOU, djf863000! I was just reminded of this by your post!) and will use the internet to do some research, but, then again, this is relying on the study of others and not doing it themselves.

Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing replaces spending time in the Word for ourselves! The benefits of this far exceed beyond imagination that of only hearing about it from someone else. We can't forget that God sees that "lazy spirit" and we'll be accountable for it.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:54 PM

322 posts, read 735,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf863000 View Post
But what are the different views or interpretations out there?
The Revelation is the most widely debated book with the most various interpretations of any other, within the Church.

When I began a serious study of Rev., It seemed to be extremely difficult. I agonized and prayed, pledding with GOD to please teach me the Revelation.

One of the best and essential requirements in this study, is to have a pure and firm understanding of the rest of the New Testament. Scripture will never conflict one with the other. You must have the guidence of all the scriptures, in order to navigate the Revelation.

Also, only GOD can reveal the Truth. A close personal and public walk with Him is essential. To those who have, He will give more.

I will add to this that I firmly believe in the post-trib ressurection and that the thousand years was a period after the evil Roman government was dissolved and replaced with GOD fearing people and the Church became very prominent in government and in all areas of life. The earliest time that the 1,000 yrs could have began was around 310 AD, about the time of Constantine. But I do not know the precise date the 1,000 yrs began and am not trying to establish such a date. I do say however, that the thousand years have passed, the falling away is in full swing, the end is so close, the price of gasoline and everything else likely will keep going up, people will be stressed, desperate, war will happen,etc.

Last edited by joedrsaved; 04-24-2008 at 01:14 PM..

Old 04-24-2008, 02:04 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,256,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
One of the best and essential requirements in this study, is to have a pure and firm understanding of the rest of the New Testament. Scripture will never conflict one with the other. You must have the guidence of all the scriptures, in order to navigate the Revelation.
Good point!

Revelations doesn't add much or take away anything found in the rest of the NT.
Luke 17:20 ¶ And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
The reign of Christ is a daily reality for the believer.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:58 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,571,370 times
The book of Revelation is a fascinating book! I've been through a couple of studies, and I personally believe a post-tribulation to occur, but like cg81 mentioned, Christ on the throne is a daily reality!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity