U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:23 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,040,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
The world will end at the time apointed by GOD. When someone dies, the world has ended for him or her. The world has ended for lots and lots of folks!

But, according to the bible, there is coming an absolute end to the entire physical universe. Those who believe the Bible, know the Truth. Those who don't, think those who do are crazy. Those who do think those who don't, are crazy.

I am fully convinced the Bible is the Word from GOD. If you want to know my beliefs, study the Bible. You answer the question!
Greetings, joedrsaved. Could you please present the Scriptures that lead you to believe that there will be "an absolute end to the entire physical universe?

Thanks!

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 12:44 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,780,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
The world will end at the time apointed by GOD. When someone dies, the world has ended for him or her. The world has ended for lots and lots of folks!
The world isn`t going to end

Quote:
But, according to the bible, there is coming an absolute end to the entire physical universe. Those who believe the Bible, know the Truth.
We do and we know God is not going to destroy his creation...he is going to reconcile it to himself

Quote:
I am fully convinced the Bible is the Word from GOD.
I believe you

Quote:
If you want to know my beliefs, study the Bible. You answer the question!
You need to study more

Old 01-08-2009, 08:47 AM

2,255 posts, read 4,805,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
The world isn`t going to end. We do and we know God is not going to destroy his creation...he is going to reconcile it to himself
I believe you need to study more
I believe you are correct. People often mix up the true meaning of the Bible's use of the word for world and associate it with the physical planet Earth. I like to illustrate it this way. We all live in physical houses. But often we think of people and the physical surroundings in the House as a home. How often do we hear about the closeness of a family that can make a house a home ???

Let's just take the book of John for example. The english word for 'world' here is the Greek word, 'kosmos' and it is defined this way in "The New International Dictionary of New testament Theology"
It defines "the noun 'kosmos' denoted originally building, but more especially order." It also has specific definitions as "ornament and adornment" , "the regulation of life in human society" , the inhabitants of the earth, humanity".

An example of the world of manknd in general would be Jesus explain the "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son" . John 3:16 . However, the world most often spoken about is the world of mankind alienated from God. When it comes to our planet Earth, there is nothing wrong with it, it's the custodians or human caretakers who have failed it. If any of us had the power to snap our fingers and make mankind disappear, the planet has the ability to heal itself and recovery from ecological abuse by man. So the planet & universe are not what needs replacing. It's some of mankind that need elimination. Unfortunately we've got the Fire & Brimstone clergy who are bent on total destruction of things philosophy and anyone or anything that don't meet their personal standards of things will be literally burned with fire. Fortunately the bible has a different view for the future of our Earth.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:43 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,157,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
I'm one of those fortunate enough to have read the Book "Know the Future" by Tim McHyde. I think it is one of the best in understanding the prophecies found mainly in the Book of Revelation. Here's the link if you care to read some of the subjects he explained on the book.
Bible Prophecy Breakthrough Reveals End of World Survival Roadmap (even for Wormwood / Planet X / Nibiru)
Thank you for forwarding this information. However, I need no interpretations of the Book of Revelations. Let me ask you a question; Is it not possible that the Son of Man walks the Earth now? In the wake of all the catastrophic events plaguing mankind, I would think these events are happening because he is here already. Did not God say that he will destroy the Web of nations (banking system)? For I have all the faith in the world that God's Word is at hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity