Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 11:53 PM

326 posts, read 1,104,961 times

Advertisements

As Christians, we are supposed to be witnessing to people. So many people perish into hellfire every single day. If every born again Christian brought just one person to Christ every single day do you realize the amount of people that would get saved!?

Here are 10 easy ways to bring the message of salvation.

#1) ALWAYS carry salvation tracts with you. You never know when you will give one out. Link to FREE tracts!! Also free shipping and handling!
http://www.fellowshiptractleague.org/English_tract_number_list.htm

#2) Carry New Testaments, with tracts in the first page, every time you take a bus ride. When the bus starts, go up and down the aisle and ask if anyone would like a free New Testament.

#3) Print our your testimony and give it along with a tract and/or New Testament. (Many people get saved after hearing what God did for someone else).

#4) Go to a local soup kitchen and pass out tracts and bibles.

#5) Go to shelters and pass out bibles and sit down and talk with people interested in hearing about God.

#6) Go to a local radio station and ask if you can go on air and give your testimony of Jesus and after offer a salvation prayer if anyone wants to give their life to Jesus.

#7) Set up a lemonade stand with your children outside. Give away free bibles and tracts. Use any money earned to purchase more bibles.

#8) Carry New Testaments and tracts with you in a bookbag and go to the mall food court and ask everyone sitting down if they would like a free bible.

#9.) Put New Testaments with tract inside and maybe your testimony into little baggies and go around the neighborhood and put them on doorknobs. (You can also put in an invitation to your church) Link to baggies
http://bagssuperstore.com/cart/detail.asp?product_id=bdn612

#10) Put your testimony of Christ on youtube and do an "alter call" at the end of the video.

Last edited by corking28; 04-24-2008 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: hi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 10:36 AM

322 posts, read 735,417 times
corking, for some reason, they refuse to let me rep you. But, you go girl!

Old 04-25-2008, 11:37 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,569,347 times
Thanks for posting, Corking!

Old 04-25-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Thanks for posting, Corking!
Your welcome dear brother in Christ :-)

Old 04-26-2008, 01:51 PM

Also another great way to evangelize is:
Every time you get gas pass out New testaments and salvation tracts to other people getting gas.

Last edited by corking28; 04-26-2008 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: another one

Old 01-06-2009, 06:18 PM

14 posts, read 40,842 times
I am doing some Evangalistisk stuf, or trying for a biblecollige, but I having truble getten em out of this very nice place.. street E is not there stile they say. and anot of em are born Christian and never done it before, so they say therefore they dont have to do it.. So I am trying to get em out.. to se there all positive side.. any idea.. ALL.. I mean ALL are more then wellcome..

Old 01-06-2009, 07:40 PM

33,495 posts, read 36,978,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
Also another great way to evangelize is:
Every time you get gas pass out New testaments and salvation tracts to other people getting gas.
You need to stop eating so much beans and broccoli...

Old 01-06-2009, 08:20 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,566,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You need to stop eating so much beans and broccoli...
LOL

wait....still laughing.....

okay....gaining composure.

Shame on you, Sanspeur.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:42 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,480,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
As Christians, we are supposed to be witnessing to people. So many people perish into hellfire every single day. If every born again Christian brought just one person to Christ every single day do you realize the amount of people that would get saved!?
Cork, I understand where you are coming from because you have been taught by the church system. No offence to you...it comes off like that sometimes through written words on a computer screen..but ...you need to study your bible and not be so influenced by man and the modern church.
No one is perishing in hellfire my friend...that`s church heresy,not the word of God. Also,you are not bringing anyone to Christ. God does the seeking,drawing, and saving. This is his creation and he is in control of it. He knows how to work in a person to draw them to himself... afterall, he created the human race. Let not your heart be troubled my friend,God is in control.
I know you feel you are in control of saving people and they will perish for all of eternity if we (man) don`t do something to stop it. But again,God knows what he is doing. He will not lose one lost sheep. He says so...just trust in him.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:53 PM

519 posts, read 1,692,087 times
IMO, I don't believe tracts are the answer. Maybe they work, but my problem with tracts is that they are pieces of paper (and we know how people treat pieces of paper) .. there is no relationship there. So many people don't understand that Christ wants a relationship and being handed paper does not start a relationship. People need discipleship .. someone who is truly interested in their lives. And if we're going to evangelize, shouldn't we help people become rooted believers?

If anyone has been saved through a tract, I'd like to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity