U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:36 AM

3,434 posts, read 8,946,721 times

Advertisements

ACLJ • American Center for Law & Justice

The American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) focuses on constitutional law and is based in Washington, D.C. The ACLJ is specifically dedicated to the ideal that religious freedom and freedom of speech are inalienable, God-given rights. The Center's purpose is to educate, promulgate, conciliate, and where necessary, litigate, to ensure that those rights are protected under the law. The organization has participated in numerous cases before the Supreme Court, Federal Court of Appeals, Federal District Courts, and various state courts regarding freedom of religion and freedom of speech.

Its interesting and sadding at the same time to see some of the complaints lodged against Christians that have come about just in the last 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 10:00 AM

4,541 posts, read 13,134,224 times
The apparent lack of interest in this thread is exactly why christians are losing their rights.

very sad...

Old 04-26-2008, 10:17 AM

1,836 posts, read 4,461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
The apparent lack of interest in this thread is exactly why christians are losing their rights.

very sad...
Wouldn't your comment include you seeing how you haven't added anything to it either? If you'd like to contribute to the thread, I'll gladly join in and respond to help kick-start it.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:39 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,632,346 times
I have an interest, but I did not want to be the first to respond. I suspect the shortage of posters, not only on this thread, but on others is due to everybody doing their Saturday thing. As for , I am on my way out to do some road repair! Our driveway washed out for thr 4th time this spring!

What do you propose we do?

I'll be back....

Old 05-03-2008, 09:41 PM

74 posts, read 234,868 times
Default I agree

Christians need to take a stand for our rights. Before long it may be
against the law to preach the truth. It will be a sad in America when
pastors will be thrown in jail for preaching the truth; sexual immorality
for example. When Christians here of these laws trying to be made
We should write our state legislature in protest and pray for their failure.
I have written my state legislature more than once over different issues.
That is exactly what the few non-christian's would do to make their
evil deeds legal, but they will never be legal in God's Kingdom.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:18 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,810,124 times
Originally Posted by findaway
Quote:
Christians need to take a stand for our rights. Before long it may be
against the law to preach the truth.
I guess it all depends on your definition of truth.
Claiming that the Bible can only be truth is religion, not fact.
The problem is that the Bible is riddled with stories that can be interpreted in many various ways while the truth can only be interpreted 1 way; the right way.
So as long as the Bible can be used to spread hate and intolerance it cannot be the truth either.

Old 05-04-2008, 04:54 AM

13,574 posts, read 21,728,321 times
I don't understand what you mean by "Christian Rights" In this country, we are called "citizens" and all citizens are granted the same rights...Life, Liberty and the persuit of happiness..I don't see how those are being taken away..Don't we still have the freedom to worship the Christian God or any other god? Don't we have the freedom to assemble and worship according to our beliefs? Don't we have separation from church and state so thhat the government can not interfere with our religious beliefs? Don't we have the freedom to vote for our choice of candidates in a free election to ensure that all of our rights are upheld? As far as rights being taken away, haven't you read some of the posts where some of the athiests say they are very silent about their athiest beliefs because of backlash from the christians in their employment, neighborhood, etc? I think it is much harder to be an athiest than a christian in this country..Not because of government, but because of intolerance of some of its citizens..

Old 05-04-2008, 03:53 PM

what I mean is that the rights of people who believe in Christ are being threatened by
those who claim that preaching certain things in the Bible should be against the law.
Preaching against some sins should allow the law to put these people in jail is what they want to do. I hope this law never passes. It is not right that a preacher can't preach what they believe to be the truth because someone might get offended. However I believe all preaching should be done with love and not condemnation.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:59 PM

Yes we are granted the same rights, but a few are trying to change the law so that it would be against the law to preach on certain sins, sexual immorality for example. They want preachers to be charged with a hate crime if they preach what they believe to be the truth. This is wrong. However, all preachers should preach with love. Isn't love the very nature of God. God is Love.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:33 PM

4,541 posts, read 13,134,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I don't understand what you mean by "Christian Rights" In this country, we are called "citizens" and all citizens are granted the same rights...Life, Liberty and the persuit of happiness..I don't see how those are being taken away..Don't we still have the freedom to worship the Christian God or any other god? Don't we have the freedom to assemble and worship according to our beliefs? Don't we have separation from church and state so thhat the government can not interfere with our religious beliefs? Don't we have the freedom to vote for our choice of candidates in a free election to ensure that all of our rights are upheld? As far as rights being taken away, haven't you read some of the posts where some of the athiests say they are very silent about their athiest beliefs because of backlash from the christians in their employment, neighborhood, etc? I think it is much harder to be an athiest than a christian in this country..Not because of government, but because of intolerance of some of its citizens..
All world religions are being protected in our nation and at the same time they are taking away the rights of christians. For instance, telling teachers and students in public schools what they can have on their desks.. what they can say - if they are christian. Taking the 10 Commandments out of public places.

You quoted the separation of church and state which is being interpreted wrongly and used to accomplish these things.

There was just another thread about a teacher who refused to remove a Bible from his desk that you might enjoy reading. It shows how the world is set against us - and is using the Constitutional protection (that you believe we have) to achieve their goals...

The same people defend other world religions rights... it is interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or