Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2008, 05:44 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

MIAMI - Florida drivers can order more than 100 specialty license plates celebrating everything from manatees to the Miami Heat, but one now under consideration would be the first in the nation to explicitly promote a specific religion.

Proposed Christian license plate stirs Florida waters (OneNewsNow.com)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 06:12 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
I don't really care if they allow it or not. I personally wouldn't by one. Our actions are supposed to be our witness, not how many different ways we can show symbols that are supposed to represent Christianity.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:40 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
I think it will just cause a greater US vs THEM atmosphere here. I've already heard terrible things said about Muslims and Jews here in FL by those who consider themselves to be Christian. I even know of a youth worker who told kids in a state-funded, non-faith-based facility that Muslims do not believe in God.

No, I think we have many ways to show our faith. We don't need the state getting into the act.

BTW- There is also a confederate flag license plate being considered down here. If they both pass, I bet some folks will have a tough time choosing!

Old 04-27-2008, 04:04 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,108,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
I don't really care if they allow it or not. I personally wouldn't by one. Our actions are supposed to be our witness, not how many different ways we can show symbols that are supposed to represent Christianity.
I agree with this. People are more consumed with images and symbols and the external showings that they're supposedly a Christian when God doesn't pay any of it a moment's attention. It's the inward transformation that will show and attract the world. No amount of bumper stickers, t-shirts and Jesus paraphernalia will cover up, or fool, God when it comes to our inward state. It doesn't even fool the world!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:01 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Oh, how ridiculous! Get a Jesus Fish and call it done!

Personally I'd ban each and every one of these stupid "specialty plates" all over the country. It's just become out of hand, and to the point where you can't even read the plate or tell what state its from half the time. Have an opinion or support a group? Get a bumper sticker!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:09 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
I agree with this. People are more consumed with images and symbols and the external showings that they're supposedly a Christian when God doesn't pay any of it a moment's attention. It's the inward transformation that will show and attract the world. No amount of bumper stickers, t-shirts and Jesus paraphernalia will cover up, or fool, God when it comes to our inward state. It doesn't even fool the world!

How very true! I am rather turned off by the bumper stickers that allude to a person's religion. Also the ones that brag about their children. The old old saying is : "Actions speak louder than words", that is very true. The only problem here, is we have to use words, and very few are listening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity