U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 01:23 PM

3 posts, read 7,749 times

Advertisements

Hello!

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Teemu Lajunen, a 17-year old guy from Oulu, Finland. I may be doing a lot of grammar and spelling mistakes so I apologize for that. Just ignore them. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord well over two years ago now, and that has been the best choice I've ever done in my life. The reason why I came to this forum is that I want to share that which I have experienced with other people. This is a religion and philosophy forum so I would reckon there are people here that are seeking for the truth and have a lot of questions they seek answers to. I just pray that I could be used by the Lord to bring answers to your questions. And please don't overlook me because of my young age! How does age matter in these things anyway?

Well, I am the only christian in my family. My dad is an atheist. My mother believes in a god of some sort. My brother could perhaps be described as an agnostic. Even though my parents are not professing christians, I have believed in God and in Jesus since a little child, because Finland is a christian country and these things are taught in kindergarten and schools. Until the age of ~14 I had always believed in God and Jesus but it did not affect my life in any way. I did not even confess that faith to other people! I was afraid that others were going to make fun of me. I even made fun of my friend who said he believed in God! Sometimes I would make promises in my mind like today I will not engage in evil speaking, but I would forget about it soon. It's written in the Bible that "faith without works is dead". So even though I inwardly believed in God's existance and often prayed evening prayers and had respect for things considered holy, I was far from being a christian! I still can see God's love working in my life in those times. Once I jumped off of our house roof (in an attempt to jump to the garage roof below but missed it) and fell to the asphalt ground. I came out with almost no damage. What is really interesting about this is that I had a friend with me that said to me that I hit the eaves (I think that is the word) of the garage when I fell, but I didn't feel a thing! Well, being a member of the Lutheran church (of which like 80% or so here are members of) I came to the age (~14 years) when we go through a course in which we are taught the main principles of christianity. In finnish that 'course' is called Rippikoulu. In those times I became interested about God and started to thirst for salvation. I started to read the Bible from the very beginning. My parents knew of this but we didn't talk about it. And after some time I also started to seek information on the internet, and that cleared things up considerably. I also unfortunately dabbled with stuff that I shouldn't have dabbled with. The internet has a lot of good material about God and excellent Bible teaching, but also has a lot of nonsense sites that mislead people into many false superstitions. I'm thankful God preserved me through those times. It's needless to say one should be watchful on what they read and receive from the internet. Well, I continued my seek after Christ and gave my life to Him by praying a sinner's prayer. But I had no christian friends to fellowship with or a church in which I could receive healthy Bible teaching. I still led a sinful life even after giving my life to Christ. I did not quit my cussing habit and confessed my faith only to a select number of people. My faith was kind of dead because I had no works. During that time I read a lot about conspiracy theories in the internet and about all kinds of nonsense, and also told others about those things so that I came to be considered a 'nuts' person. I was badly misrepresenting christianity to my friends. I often felt intense oppression from satan and had thoughts distorting Christ's person in my mind. The enemy knew my life was being brought from darkness to light and he fought back. I'm thankful God has brought me through all that. After a certain time I dedicated my life fully to Christ. I will skip to tell of that time for now. I have experienced God do really great things in my life. God is a supernatural God that does great things in people's lives today. He has not ceased to be a supernatural God. He is Love. He is the same God for all, but still approaches every human individual at a personal level. He wants every human being to have a personal relationship with Him through Christ his Son.

Christianity is all about Jesus. Jesus is a living person and you can have a personal relationship with Him. Everyone that has this relationship with him is a christian. You do not become a christian by joining a church. You become a christian by recieving Him, Christ. The Bible says, "But as many as received him, to them gave he the right to become children of God, even to them that believe on his name".

So if you have any questions about God, you can post them here. I will try to answer them for you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 03:07 PM

13,564 posts, read 21,671,439 times
God bless you, tel1990. What a wonderful testimony you have given..Welcome to the forum..You will meet people of all religions and faiths here and also athiests and agnostics who for the most part have blended in and are valuable members and friends to many of us..There are many things we can learn from each other on this forum and as you know, we discuss all aspects of religion here. Most of the time we are very civil to each otherYou will find that the threads are well moderated which makes this one of the best sites on the internet. I hope you will stick around and become a regular..

Old 05-01-2008, 03:37 PM

545 posts, read 1,796,341 times
It is so good to hear such a strong testimony from a young lady . Im very glad you came to Christ at a young age as you will save yourself alot of foolish living and the consequences thereof. You have made the most important decision possible and have so much to look forward to, both in this life and especially in eternity where it will be better than a mouse in a cheese factory ! Ill pray that your parents see the change in you that comes from being Born Again in Christ. David.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:43 PM

24,639 posts, read 24,765,932 times
Good for you, just don't get preachy to those who don't believe.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:44 PM

13,092 posts, read 13,640,294 times
Best wishes to you on your journey, may your life be filled with blessings, joy, peace, and love!

Old 05-01-2008, 03:48 PM

87 posts, read 345,615 times
Dear Tel1990,
I love your spirit and attitude! Thank you for sharing and I hope you are doing well. You are young and I admire a young person like you who wants to walk with God. I encourage you to remember David who God chose when he was just a lad. Keep the faith, be strong, fight against the adversary with your mind, chosing positive thoughts and don't listen to what he throws at you. May God continue to bless you!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:06 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,329,632 times
Blessings! The heavenly host rejoice with you! Prepare yourself as your journey with God will be filled with joys and wonders and also with trials. Keep your focus on Jesus and you will grow and mature in His spirit and have a very fruitful life.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,160,097 times
May our Creator bless you, as you continue on this path you have chosen. Let patience be your close friend, as you grow and mature in your faith. May you have a humble attitude toward other people, whether or not they are Christians, and as you deal with fellow believers, who will not always agree with you, and whom you will not always agree with. Be very wise in choosing those whom you would look up to, as mentors and guides. Some will have a proud attitude that you will not want to emulate. Let your spiritual walk with Jesus be the "talk" that other people see and hear. A humble, loving walk with your God will speak much more clearly than loud preaching.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:06 AM

2,739 posts, read 7,832,005 times
Great, wonderful testimony Teemu! I was greatly encouraged reading about what has happened to you, and I am happy that you are with us on the forum.

God bless you
Bud

Old 05-02-2008, 02:30 AM

139 posts, read 116,352 times
God bless you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or