Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2021, 07:51 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,317,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How do you know I or anyone else on this forum doesn't have the spirit of God? I believe we are all connected by the spirit and source of life, God, whatever you may wish to call it. Demanding that that God spirit is the bible God is presumptuous.
I can't until they explain themselves and one can plainly tell from the Word of God if what they are saying is true or not.

Don't tell me what you believe or how you believe without expecting a response from the scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 07:59 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The gospel summed up:

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
-Jesus
Shall not perish ......... Live "this life" short of the Christ life(The Christ Life is the everlasting life). To live is Christ Phil 1:21. The gospel is not about the future it is about the NOW. Now is the day of salvation, it's right there in your bible. Do you believe what your bible says ?

Old 01-31-2021, 08:05 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I can't until they explain themselves and one can plainly tell from the Word of God if what they are saying is true or not.

Don't tell me what you believe or how you believe without expecting a response from the scripture.
Be careful, Charlie ...you're getting awful close to worshipping a book. The more mature Christians learned not to do that long ago. The Bible is a book and has no divinity in and of itself. Remember, Jesus is 'the Word'.

Old 01-31-2021, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Be careful, Charlie ...you're getting awful close to worshipping a book. The more mature Christians learned not to do that long ago. The Bible is a book and has no divinity in and of itself. Remember, Jesus is 'the Word'.
It's not worshiping it's believing, there's a difference.

But I will add this, the Word of God is alive, it's powerful, sharp as a two edged sword that cuts to the bone and marrow, it discerns the thoughts and intents of the heart.

This would be something you would know nothing of, it's spiritual, the scripture says we must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.

Old 02-01-2021, 05:04 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
It's not worshiping it's believing, there's a difference.

But I will add this, the Word of God is alive, it's powerful, sharp as a two edged sword that cuts to the bone and marrow, it discerns the thoughts and intents of the heart.

This would be something you would know nothing of, it's spiritual, the scripture says we must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.
There is also a difference between fantasy and reality?

Old 02-01-2021, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There is also a difference between fantasy and reality?
There's an ignore button around here somewhere if I can find it.

Old 02-01-2021, 05:18 AM

Quote:
There's an ignore button around here somewhere if I can find it.
Please, use it - if it makes you more comfortable?

Old 02-01-2021, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How do you know I or anyone else on this forum doesn't have the spirit of God? I believe we are all connected by the spirit and source of life, God, whatever you may wish to call it. Demanding that that God spirit is the bible God is presumptuous.
The Spirit of life dwells within all living things.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:44 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:

Not all of us base our lives and our beliefs on scripture, but of course I know many do. Scripture isn't fact, but just another belief like any other IMO.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:45 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Spirit of life dwells within all living things.
Indeed it does! Connects us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity