Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:00 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times

Advertisements

Praying for a job and that you can soon be........

"Back Home Again in Indiana"
and it seems that I can see,
the gleaming candlelight,
still shining bright
through the sycamores for me.

The new mown hay, sends all its fragrance,
from the hills I used to roam.
When I dream about the moonlight on the Wabash,
then I long for my Indiana home..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 12:03 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Praying for a job and that you can soon be........

"Back Home Again in Indiana"
and it seems that I can see,
the gleaming candlelight,
still shining bright
through the sycamores for me.

The new mown hay, sends all its fragrance,
from the hills I used to roam.
When I dream about the moonlight on the Wabash,
then I long for my Indiana home..
I received an e-mail from a principal who wants to interview me. Praise God!!! However, they want to interview me in-person. That means I have to fly to Indiana and pay 500 dollars for a flight. Please pray that I can get some more interviews scheduled for the week of June 9. Also, pray that I can get some phone interviews scheduled by the end of the week. My contract is due next week. I really, really don't want to sign it due to a huge mess at my current school district.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,170 times
You are in my prayers. Have faith in God and all wil be well in no time...

Old 12-22-2011, 08:33 AM

2 posts, read 1,601 times
Prayer request :

protection,healing,wisdom,prosperity,miracles in finances , miracles in pastor Thieringo's life in Jesus name .

Old 12-22-2011, 08:37 AM

2 posts, read 1,601 times
Default prayer request

protection,healing,prosperity,wisdom,miracles in finances ,miracles in pastor Thieringo's life in Jesus name .

Old 08-11-2012, 08:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,514 times
I really need a prayer I got a promotion at my job and I'm praying that whatever is on my background won't affect my job promotion I'm really asking for a miracle I know that with god nothing is impossible I pray that when I walk in on Monday I will have good news regarding my promotion I thank everyone for your prayers.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:16 PM

2 posts, read 1,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkadz View Post
You are in my prayers. Have faith in God and all wil be well in no time...
Thank you.god bless I'm very stressed

Old 08-11-2012, 08:21 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisTruth View Post
There is power in prayer.
Here is a recent true story.

A former colleague of mine interviewed for a job which was close to her home after she was laid off. She stated that the competition for jobs is quite fierce in this economy. She really wanted that job that she interviewed in and called it perfect for her.

Unfortunately she did not get the job. Or it seemed that way for a month. That when she wrote to please pray for her situation. I did so did others.

After a month after being denied the job she wanted, she got a call recently as to where she was still interested in that position. The person they hired did not last. I sincerely believe the prayers for her were answered. Praise God.
But if it's God's will that she NOT get a particular job, no amount of prayer will get her that job, right? And if it's God's will that she GET a particular job, then praying that she get a different one will not work.

If you believe that everything is "God's will," it makes no sense to pray.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:46 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I really, really, really want to move back to Indiana but haven't found a job yet. Please pray that I find one. I just haven't heard anything yet and I am getting discouraged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I received an e-mail from a principal who wants to interview me. Praise God!!! However, they want to interview me in-person. That means I have to fly to Indiana and pay 500 dollars for a flight. Please pray that I can get some more interviews scheduled for the week of June 9. Also, pray that I can get some phone interviews scheduled by the end of the week. My contract is due next week. I really, really don't want to sign it due to a huge mess at my current school district.
You know when these old threads... '2008' are pulled up.... I so wish the people who posted them and have asked for prayer such as this one which her prayer was answered to a certain point.... would come back and share with everyone in what and how things turned out after petitioning for prayer and as to how God changed their life situations !!

It would be so awesome to hear their testimony how God intervened through the prayers of His people....

Blessings to All !!

Old 08-11-2012, 08:58 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
You know when these old threads... '2008' are pulled up.... I so wish the people who posted them and have asked for prayer such as this one which her prayer was answered to a certain point.... would come back and share with everyone in what and how things turned out after petitioning for prayer and as to how God changed their life situations !!

It would be so awesome to hear their testimony how God intervened through the prayers of His people....

Blessings to All !!
But again, if something is God's will, then how will anyone's prayer change it? I'm not being ornery, really, but prayer requests for people who believe in "God's will" don't make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity