U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-08-2008, 02:05 PM
 
Location: ny
326 posts, read 930,902 times
Reputation: 98

Advertisements

Galations chapter 1
"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!"

Can anyone answer why Mormons ignore this passage??? Maybe they never read it...Maybe they were brought up with the Mormon book and never read the New Testament...

This one passage puts the whole Mormon religion to shame. Jesus put this passage in the bible to WARN people of a new Gospel that wasn't from him!

They must be warned!!!!

I showed a Mormon missionary this passage and he said he cannot answer me.

Last edited by corking28; 05-08-2008 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: hi

 
Old 05-08-2008, 02:17 PM
 
255 posts, read 536,997 times
Reputation: 85
Because Mormons don't believe they are preaching a different gospel.

(By the way, you might find that people are more willing to engage in an online dialog with you if you stop shouting at them.)
 
Old 05-08-2008, 02:23 PM
 
3,086 posts, read 5,514,782 times
Reputation: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
Someone PLEASE answer this for me...Why do Mormons ignore this passage?
Maybe for the same reason that we as Christians sometimes ignore this one:
Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
I'm too (willingly) forgetful..
 
Old 05-08-2008, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,799 posts, read 5,970,647 times
Reputation: 2516
Corking, what is the urgency to convert people to your form of Christianity?
 
Old 05-08-2008, 02:26 PM
 
Location: ny
326 posts, read 930,902 times
Reputation: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoFour View Post
Because Mormons don't believe they are preaching a different gospel.

(By the way, you might find that people are more willing to engage in an online dialog with you if you stop shouting at them.)
Actually I have a very calm voice.

Mormons ignore this passgae that clearly WARNED them a a false gospel
 
Old 05-08-2008, 02:31 PM
 
Location: ny
326 posts, read 930,902 times
Reputation: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Corking, what is the urgency to convert people to your form of Christianity?
The urgency is Jesus is coming soon for his children that are saved and born again holy spirit filled believers of his word!
 
Old 05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
 
Location: ny
326 posts, read 930,902 times
Reputation: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoFour View Post
Because Mormons don't believe they are preaching a different gospel.

(By the way, you might find that people are more willing to engage in an online dialog with you if you stop shouting at them.)
I changed it from red to orange just for you so it doesn't look like shouting... :-))))
 
Old 05-08-2008, 02:35 PM
 
Location: ny
326 posts, read 930,902 times
Reputation: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Maybe for the same reason that we as Christians sometimes ignore this one:
Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
I'm too (willingly) forgetful..
If I didn't have a heart I wouldn't care about trying to convert people to the truth. Jesus said "My people perish for a lack of knowledge." I am giving people the knowledge of Gods word and praying that the people who are ripe to hear the truth and convert will come across this thread.
CLEARLY Jesus warned people of a false gospel.
 
Old 05-08-2008, 02:40 PM
 
255 posts, read 536,997 times
Reputation: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
Actually I have a very calm voice.
In person you might have a calm voice, but your online persona has a very loud strident voice. Changing the color of text, using all capital letters, bolding entire sentences, underlining text . . . these all equate to shouting in written text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corking28 View Post
Mormons ignore this passgae that clearly WARNED them a a false gospel
You asked why Mormons ignore the verse you quoted. I told you. You might think the verse "clearly" speaks of Mormonism, but obviously Mormons disagree with your interpretation. To keep shouting about it does nothing to convince anyone to listen to your point of view. If anything, it drives people away.
 
Old 05-08-2008, 02:45 PM
 
Location: ny
326 posts, read 930,902 times
Reputation: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoFour View Post
In person you might have a calm voice, but your online persona has a very loud strident voice. Changing the color of text, using all capital letters, bolding entire sentences, underlining text . . . these all equate to shouting in written text.



You asked why Mormons ignore the verse you quoted. I told you. You might think the verse "clearly" speaks of Mormonism, but obviously Mormons disagree with your interpretation. To keep shouting about it does nothing to convince anyone to listen to your point of view. If anything, it drives people away.
I am not shouting. I changed it to orange for you.
And it is not my interpretation. There is no other way to interpret it. Jesus said. "Even if an angel of heaven should preach another gospel let him be eternally condemned." Then an angel preached another gospel...It is common sense. Even a kindergartener would get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top