Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 03:03 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times

Advertisements

Jesus said to judge righteously and said it is the son who is given the right to execute judgment because he is son of man. So in a way He was saying to be the son of man and judge righteously.

He also says that the son has life because of the Father and that those who are dead but hear the voice of the son of God will live. So if those who hear live then they are the son since those who live must have life and it is the son who has life because of the Father. This shows that in order to have life one must be the son and do good as Jesus showed us.

22 The Father judges no one but has given all judgment to the Son
23 so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Anyone who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.
24 Very truly, I tell you, anyone who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and does not come under judgment, but has passed from death to life.
25 "Very truly, I tell you, the hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26 For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself;
27 and he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man.
28 Do not be astonished at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice
29 and will come out—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
30 "I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just, because I seek to do not my own will but the will of him who sent me.

I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the one who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 12:06 AM

Nobody sees it?

Or nobody wants to acknowledge it?

Old 06-19-2016, 03:25 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
See Jesus is the redeemer , by the judgment of the cross and is the judge , ............Like Jesus said ``For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world , but that the world through him might be saved``...John 3:17....................Like Christians in the world can condemn the sinners of the world , and the world will condemn the Christians right back ..........., but if the Christians condemn the world and seek Jesus redemption and ask forgiveness for the lost sinners and intercede for all the neighbors of the world through the grace of God then the condemnation against Christians will be reduced

Old 06-19-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
See Jesus is the redeemer , by the judgment of the cross and is the judge , ............Like Jesus said ``For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world , but that the world through him might be saved``...John 3:17....................Like Christians in the world can condemn the sinners of the world , and the world will condemn the Christians right back ..........., but if the Christians condemn the world and seek Jesus redemption and ask forgiveness for the lost sinners and intercede for all the neighbors of the world through the grace of God then the condemnation against Christians will be reduced
The son is not Jesus alone but all the prophets just as Israel is God's son and is more than one. The prophets are Israel and Israel is God's son.

I am the One God sent.

God's bread came down from heaven to give life to the world. I am the bread of life. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood shall live forever and I shall honor him on the last day.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Nobody sees it? Or nobody wants to acknowledge it?
You are not the one who knocks at the door, or tugs on the strings of my heart.
Especially, when it comes to the depth of loving others; and that of compassion.

In other words, you are not the voice that I follow - no offense!

Old 06-19-2016, 02:51 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
The claim in the OP is not true. There is only One Son. The church today is one with Him. We are not him.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The claim in the OP is not true. There is only One Son. The church today is one with Him. We are not him.
Follow the son of man and the prophets of the Most High in order to see the kingdom of heaven and be born from above. Failure to do so keeps you in the darkness and withholds the secrets of God from your sight.

Hard to believe your wrong I know because it was hard for me to accept as well. But God speaks in mysterious ways not like man so what seems understandable can be different for God. If what you have learned was taught to you by religion and man then it was not taught to you by God.

"Everyone must be taught by God. Whoever has heard from the Father and learned from Him comes to me."

Translation;

Everyone who has been taught by God becomes like me and One with me and the Father.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Especially, when it comes to the depth of loving others; and that of compassion.

If you want to see the kingdom of heaven you must follow me.

I am the gate. Anyone who enters by me and my ways shall be saved.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:22 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

I know what you mean. I do look for Christ in every person, but it is I who must recognize Christ in you, and others and when I find him, it will not be in the form of a demanding voice, or that of pride, etc. I have no idea what the problem is with the OP. God knows.

Old 06-19-2016, 03:25 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
If you want to see the kingdom of heaven you must follow me.

I am the gate. Anyone who enters by me and my ways shall be saved.
Who is "Me" and "I", Peacegiver. You do realize that people observe that you feel that you are especially chosen and are equal with Jesus. Of course no one believes that except yourself. You might as well, face it, you are not equal with God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity