Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 06:11 AM

3,474 posts, read 987,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Ever since I started growing closer to God, there have been quite a few things I used to do for fun that I don't do anymore.

My life has grown to be pretty much consumed with my job and that's not good, so I know I need more balance in my life. Nowadays I find myself just not wanting to do things I used to do which includes something as simple as watching a TV show I used to watch as an example.

So I'm curious..what are some things you enjoy doing/find 'fun' to do as a Christian?

Christians are people of course. Although we are dedicated to God and have vowed to do His will, He wants us to be happy. Me personally, I go to a lot of concerts, bicycle, off road ride, volunteer to help others, attend festivals, etc. Our personal association with each other is reduced because of the pandemic, but it is always better when you can share your experiences with your friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 06:21 AM
Status: "I've got a fightin' side a mile wide but I pray for peace" (set 20 days ago)

14,561 posts, read 9,587,526 times
Quote:
Ever since I started growing closer to God, there have been quite a few things I used to do for fun that I don't do anymore.

My life has grown to be pretty much consumed with my job and that's not good, so I know I need more balance in my life. Nowadays I find myself just not wanting to do things I used to do which includes something as simple as watching a TV show I used to watch as an example.

So I'm curious..what are some things you enjoy doing/find 'fun' to do as a Christian?
I've always been an outdoorsman. Getting back to nature is awe inspiring.

However we're not to be "of" the world, but we are to be part of the world. Now don't get me wrong, there are places where I usta go and never would now, but my life hasn't changed ... I have.

Being salt and light isn't nearly as effective sitting in church spreading the good news as it would be sitting in a bar drinking a beer and talking about God. I remember a short story about this guy who found Jesus. His buddies we're always ribbing him about being a born again Bible thumper. One of them said... hey, didn't Jesus turn water into wine? he answered by saying well I wasn't there, but that's what I've read and been told. What I do know is... at my house Jesus turned beer into furniture."

... just sayin'

Old 09-21-2021, 02:13 AM

73 posts, read 41,342 times
Quote:

I find missionary work to be a lot of fun and very rewarding!

Old 09-21-2021, 11:18 AM

22,860 posts, read 10,253,113 times
I like to make voodoo dolls of people I nail on small post signs near their house, and then I put signs up in ways that when the person sees the sign, he thinks it a coincidence like it's a special sign to him, and they think God is talking to them and say something at church about it. Then I rig a light that flashes on their way back from church that is enough to make them stop their car to get out and check it out. I had already hid a speaker and a whispering voice that they hear as audible. After that happens, the voice freaks them out with rumors beginning in the church, and then I do it again and they cant help but stop and check it out.

So then I start telling them to do things its weird, THEY ALWAYS DO WHAT I TELL THEM TO DO.

They become like drunk, and it's really good for everyone.

The drama and excitement and faith, coincidence builds faith, you just have to know what coincidence is to beach.

Yeah, good times good times

O, then, I got my glass collection.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-21-2021 at 11:27 AM..

Old 09-22-2021, 04:46 PM

234 posts, read 97,915 times
Quote:

It's all a question of having a sense of humour and not taking the world seriously..
My personal philosophy is-
"A person without a sense of humour is like a wagon without springs, jolted by every pebble on life's road"

I get great fun sitting in front of the TV news munching my popcorn and laughing at how crazy the world is, how about it Norman?

Old 09-23-2021, 01:05 PM

602 posts, read 568,648 times
Quote:

There's any number of things you can do for entertainment in life. Camp, Hike, Fish, Ride Motorcycles, Bicycle, Boating, Flying, Taking care of a Pet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity