Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 06:26 PM

4,564 posts, read 1,118,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
It takes more than believing-Matt 22-23--these believe but will have their Jaws dropped at judgement because they worked iniquity= practiced a sin. The righteous-wash their robes white.
Those in Matt 7:23 the workers of iniquity, they were people Christ didnt die for. Their iniquity was charged to them. People who Christ did die for, God doesnt impute iniquity to their charge

Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Paul quotes this Rom 4:7-8

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Did you know that there are sinners, God will not charge with their sins ? You want to know why ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2022, 06:47 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,789,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Those in Matt 7:23 the workers of iniquity, they were people Christ didnt die for. Their iniquity was charged to them. People who Christ did die for, God doesnt impute iniquity to their charge

Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Paul quotes this Rom 4:7-8

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Did you know that there are sinners, God will not charge with their sins ? You want to know why ?
Christ did die for those workers of iniquity (1 John 2:2), as they are a part of the whole world...

However, they perish because they would not appropriate, by faith, what Jesus did for them on the Cross.

Old 09-08-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Christ did die for those workers of iniquity (1 John 2:2), as they are a part of the whole world...

However, they perish because they would not appropriate, by faith, what Jesus did for them on the Cross.
No Christ didnt die for the workers of iniquity in Matt 7:23, He never knew them !

Old 09-08-2022, 07:40 PM

Quote:
No Christ didnt die for the workers of iniquity in Matt 7:23, He never knew them !
He died for the sins of the whole world.

Workers of iniquity are a part of the whole world.

I did not say that these workers of iniquity will be saved.

They clearly will not be since they never appropriate the shed blood of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins, by faith.

Nevertheless Jesus died for them.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Jhn 6:37, All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

The invitation is open to all.

If anyone receives Christ (John 1:12), they will find that they are one of the elect.

One thing they will not find is that they are rejected because they were never predestined to salvation.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:26 AM

923 posts, read 232,227 times
Quote:

I did not say that these workers of iniquity will be saved.

They clearly will not be since they never appropriate the shed blood of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins, by faith.

Nevertheless Jesus died for them.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Jhn 6:37, All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

The invitation is open to all.

If anyone receives Christ (John 1:12), they will find that they are one of the elect.

One thing they will not find is that they are rejected because they were never predestined to salvation.
"Whosoever will" = those already saved. Jesus says believers have eternal life so these must believe (be saved) before they would take up the offer. Unbelievers would dismiss it.

Old 09-09-2022, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
"Whosoever will" = those already saved. Jesus says believers have eternal life so these must believe (be saved) before they would take up the offer. Unbelievers would dismiss it.
"whosoever" = "whosoever"; which includes those not already saved.

They would become saved in partaking of the water of life.

Old 09-09-2022, 05:11 AM

Quote:
"whosoever" = "whosoever"; which includes those not already saved.

They would become saved in partaking of the water of life.
But they must believe the offer or they will not respond. Jesus says whoever believes HAS eternal life. Are you teaching Pelagianism?

Old 09-09-2022, 06:13 AM

jbf

Quote:
Of the Sheep, of course

Quote:
Of the world Christ didnt die for, the goats

Quote:
This is the Sheep, they come , they were given to Christ Jn 10:29

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Old 09-13-2022, 12:59 PM

4,085 posts, read 843,206 times
Quote:
Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

We by nature are sinners dead in trespasses and sins, and the nature we have is only conducive to disobedience Eph 2:1-3

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

By nature means here in this context: birth, physical origin

by nature, even Gods elect are only worthy of and deserving of Gods wrath. Are nature conforms to a course of disobedience Vs 2

So in light of this, the enlightened believer knows that a person is not, cannot be saved by their own obedience, and tis why scripture states clearly, that it[Salvation, declared righteous] is only by the obedience of ONE, that being the Lord Jesus Christ, that's right, true salvation comes by, His actions of obedience alone., We are saved by His obedience alone, to Him belongs all the Glory !
No one is saved by Jesus until they do what he says to do.

Old 09-14-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
No one is saved by Jesus until they do what he says to do.
They cannot do what he says unless he saves them first. Those who mimic Christian works in the flesh are acting only. = Hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity