Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 08:46 AM

4,564 posts, read 1,118,787 times

Advertisements

jesus truth

Quote:
God loves those who love Him by obeying Him.
God loved ungodly sinners who disobey Him Rom 5:6-8

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

You present a unfaithful witness friend !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 09:58 AM

32,928 posts, read 26,160,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I will only ask that you use your logic to explain how God who, as Jesus declared, IS agape love and forgiveness could ever reach a point where He would not love and forgive. The word "IS" has great significance because it is not that God HAS love and forgiveness in Him, but that God IS pure love and forgiveness itself!!!! Believe me, Michael. I encountered it and it is unmistakable!
God is not love in a literal sense because love is not some substance or material out of which something can be made. Rather, the expression 'God is love' simply denotes the great depth of God's love which is an attitude. And I have never said nor implied that God would stop loving or stop forgiving. Nevertheless, God does judge.

Nor do I allow some person's claimed personal experience to supercede the NT writers.

Old 09-21-2022, 10:06 AM

4,085 posts, read 843,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
jesus truth

God loved ungodly sinners who disobey Him Rom 5:6-8

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

You present a unfaithful witness friend !
lol

I give the scriptures, you give what Calvin says.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:52 AM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
God is not love in a literal sense because love is not some substance or material out of which something can be made. Rather, the expression 'God is love' simply denotes the great depth of God's love which is an attitude. And I have never said nor implied that God would stop loving or stop forgiving. Nevertheless, God does judge.

Nor do I allow some person's claimed personal experience to supercede the NT writers.
God is SPIRIT, NOT material substance, Michael. Love and forgiveness are characteristics of the Spirit, specifically, God's Holy Spirit, which can be accessed in the many states of mind (fruits of the Spirit) described in the Bible that I have posted previously as the "mind of Christ." My experience is just how I know what the Holy Spirit is like. It is why I identified Jesus as God and adopted Christianity.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:06 PM

32,928 posts, read 26,160,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God is SPIRIT, NOT material substance, Michael. Love and forgiveness are characteristics of the Spirit, specifically, God's Holy Spirit, which can be accessed in the many states of mind (fruits of the Spirit) described in the Bible that I have posted previously as the "mind of Christ." My experience is just how I know what the Holy Spirit is like. It is why I identified Jesus as God and adopted Christianity.
Even 'spirit' must consist of something even if non-material. I do not believe that God is literally 'love' but that he possesses love to such an extent that the writer of 1 John was moved to say that God is love.

We'll have to disagree on this as on so many other things.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:16 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Even 'spirit' must consist of something even if non-material. I do not believe that God is literally 'love' but that he possesses love to such an extent that the writer of 1 John was moved to say that God is love.

We'll have to disagree on this as on so many other things.
Fortunately, our disagreements will not matter because we love Jesus and will be with Him regardless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity