Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 08:50 AM

344 posts, read 144,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
If they hate an apostle of Jesus' then who won't they go against?
Children of disobedience must hate, ridicule and fight. It's their nature, they can't help it. They lie too, can you believe that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2022, 10:11 AM

4,085 posts, read 872,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post
Children of disobedience must hate, ridicule and fight. It's their nature, they can't help it. They lie too, can you believe that?
I have been discussing with Christians for many years now and am so saddened to see how hateful and mean most are.

Old 09-13-2022, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I know that you will use Paul's words to try and prove Jesus wrong, because I know you dont agree with what Jesus said.

Is Paul wrong or is Jesus?

You said you would do what Jesus said, but you dont, thats all.
You are bearing false witness.

You prove that you are the one who who doesn't obey God.

Old 09-13-2022, 02:19 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:

No, you are just dishonest with yourself and everyone else.

Old 09-13-2022, 02:25 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
I have been discussing with Christians for many years now and am so saddened to see how hateful and mean most are.
Ain’t that the truth? In my opinion it is not that they mean to be it is more that the doctrinal overtakes the personal

Humans make assumptions, generalisations and take things out of context all the time and the greater the systems and organisations involved the more scope for error/sin/transgressions

This is what Christianity has been and still is currently caught in and in Romans we are told it is not that this ‘creature’ ‘creation’ wanted it, it was subjected to this futility and suffering - Romans 8:18-30

Old 09-13-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Maybe you are both bearing false witness against each other to a certain extent or just plain misunderstanding each other’s point of view?

Just a thought, but what I see is that we generally can get too focused on the doctrinal side and forget the personal side

Old 09-13-2022, 03:44 PM

Quote:
You shouldn't be allowed to post the way you do.

Old 09-13-2022, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Ain’t that the truth? In my opinion it is not that they mean to be it is more that the doctrinal overtakes the personal

Humans make assumptions, generalisations and take things out of context all the time and the greater the systems and organisations involved the more scope for error/sin/transgressions

This is what Christianity has been and still is currently caught in and in Romans we are told it is not that this ‘creature’ ‘creation’ wanted it, it was subjected to this futility and suffering - Romans 8:18-30
It is downright evil the way many do. When I was in a false denomination I am so glad I stayed humble as Jesus tells us to be, because I might not have listened to some good advice I was given that helped change things for my powerful testimony I ended up having.

Old 09-13-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
You shouldn't be allowed to post the way you do.
If you have a problem with the relevance of posts to the topic you should report them to the moderator (it’s quite easy for people to get sidetracked and off topic )

Old 09-13-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Maybe you are both bearing false witness against each other to a certain extent or just plain misunderstanding each other’s point of view?
No way do I bear false witness. I am defending myself from this person's untruths about me. Jesus says to be careful how you judge.

Why would you join him in his false judgment? How hard is it to see the way he is speaking to me and about me that is not right?

Quote:

Just a thought, but what I see is that we generally can get too focused on the doctrinal side and forget the personal side
He is attacking me personally and not my doctrine. He doesn't even know my doctrine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity