Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2022, 03:11 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,796,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And to be fair, the first line in the OP is "Why do people reject Jesus?"

Well, Christians DON'T reject Jesus-but now we know that line was nothing but a clever, snide little setup to say that people who don't think the way the OP does are rejecting Jesus, even if they worship God and Jesus and believe him to be their savior. They are simply not up to the OP's standards, who of course has the Truth that the rest of them are all missing.

We've seen this movie before on this forum. Over and over again.
I think it's called gaslighting, lol.

Old 09-28-2022, 06:22 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:

Well, Christians DON'T reject Jesus-but now we know that line was nothing but a clever, snide little setup to say that people who don't think the way the OP does are rejecting Jesus, even if they worship God and Jesus and believe him to be their savior. They are simply not up to the OP's standards, who of course has the Truth that the rest of them are all missing.

Old 09-29-2022, 02:23 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,170,418 times
The ones that Jesus lived and died for, and gave obedience, will obey Him 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

He first obeyed God for them Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Old 09-29-2022, 02:37 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Ok, I'll fix it: "Christian fundamentalist's opinions are no better than anyone else's. This they cannot abide."

Better?
You are acting like you didn't give a lot of opinions about me.

Abide? You want to explain what you are talking about?

Old 09-29-2022, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Yes one can be in a saved position now, The real followers are, but they can fall, thus the words from Jesus at Matt 24:13. One must endure until their end now in this satan ruled system, doing Jesus' Fathers will over their own will, as Jesus did always( John5:30, Matt 6:10,, Luke 22:42)--That will is--Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God.
But you said no one can know or say that they are saved now, until I showed you the scriptures.

Old 09-29-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:

Well, Christians DON'T reject Jesus-but now we know that line was nothing but a clever, snide little setup to say that people who don't think the way the OP does are rejecting Jesus,
That is a false statement.

Quote:
even if they worship God and Jesus and believe him to be their savior. They are simply not up to the OP's standards, who of course has the Truth that the rest of them are all missing.

I posted it for the Christians who believe as I do to share truth, and, I posted it for the CALVINISTS who claim that those who do not believe are NOT enabled to believe because God doesn't want them.

I have shown that their teaching is false because God says they CHOOSE not to believe.

This is hard to explain to those who don't know what Calvinists believe.

Last edited by Jesus'Truth; 09-29-2022 at 02:52 PM..

Old 09-29-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
The ones that Jesus lived and died for, and gave obedience, will obey Him 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

He first obeyed God for them Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
I proved with the scriptures why people don't believe, and God doesn't say what you say.

God doesn't say they don't believe because He doesn't want them saved.

No one receives the sprinkling of blood until they repent of their sins and believe in his blood.

Old 09-29-2022, 04:00 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
That is a false statement.

I posted it for the Christians who believe as I do to share truth, and, I posted it for the CALVINISTS who claim that those who do not believe are NOT enabled to believe because God doesn't want them.

I have shown that their teaching is false because God says they CHOOSE not to believe.

This is hard to explain to those who don't know what Calvinists believe.
I was raised Calvinist (Reformed Church of America), so I know.

The problem people have with you is that you seem to be saying that ONLY you know the truth and everyone else is wrong. That doesn't do any to make anyone want to find out what you have to say. It just pushes people away.

It's all in the presentation. Jesus didn't stand there like he was better than everybody else and say only he knew the truth. He showed people rather than pointed fingers at them.

Old 09-29-2022, 04:30 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,285 times
Quote:

The problem people have with you is that you seem to be saying that ONLY you know the truth and everyone else is wrong. That doesn't do any to make anyone want to find out what you have to say. It just pushes people away.

It's all in the presentation. Jesus didn't stand there like he was better than everybody else and say only he knew the truth. He showed people rather than pointed fingers at them.

Old 09-29-2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:

People can judge me all they want. I just don't go by what they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity