Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 12:54 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Be wise enough to decipher the false Christians from the true Christians. Simply calling yourself a Christian does not make you one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
This concept was mentioned in a OP to someone else, so I'm bumping it for their enjoyment.
There is such a complete lack of understanding about what WE are authorized to DO and BE as followers of Christ. First and foremost . . . we must get it into our heads that WE are NOT Christ . . . so what Jesus could say and correct has nothing to do with what WE are able to say and correct. WE are limited to correcting ourselves. We have no authority to correct anyone else. WE are to concern ourselves with what WE embrace . . . NOT what others embrace. Our "fruits" speak for us . . . NOT our condemnations. WE are NOT Christ!!! One of the most loving things a Christian can do today is correct error IN OURSELVES, period! Trying to decide who is and is not a Christian is NOT our job. It is God's, period!! Our concern should be whether or not WE are following Christ's instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 04:31 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd
Be wise enough to decipher the false Christians from the true Christians. Simply calling yourself a Christian does not make you one.

Quote in reply to Whyte Byrd:

Originally Posted by twin.spin
This concept was mentioned in a OP to someone else, so I'm bumping it for their enjoyment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is such a complete lack of understanding about what WE are authorized to DO and BE as followers of Christ. First and foremost . . . we must get it into our heads that WE are NOT Christ . . . so what Jesus could say and correct has nothing to do with what WE are able to say and correct. WE are limited to correcting ourselves. We have no authority to correct anyone else. WE are to concern ourselves with what WE embrace . . . NOT what others embrace. Our "fruits" speak for us . . . NOT our condemnations. WE are NOT Christ!!! One of the most loving things a Christian can do today is correct error IN OURSELVES, period! Trying to decide who is and is not a Christian is NOT our job. It is God's, period!! Our concern should be whether or not WE are following Christ's instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't.
well, well .... are you directing this to yourself or is the spirit (some say a false spirit) with it's barbaric neanderthal new covenant theology that dwells within being the usual self and addressing this to us?

Old 06-19-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
well, well .... are you directing this to yourself or is the spirit (some say a false spirit) with it's barbaric neanderthal new covenant theology that dwells within being the usual self and addressing this to us?
As usual, I am witnessing to MY understanding of what we who follow Christ are authorized to do . . . i.e., "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't. I am pretty sure none of us have the wisdom of Christ or the love of Christ or the ability know the hearts of anyone else . . . so speaking as if we do does seem to me to be rather presumptuous. Are you suggesting that the New Covenant is barbaric and that God has NOT "written in our hearts?" Are you calling the Holy Spirit (Comforter) we were promised a false spirit? Do you think trusting what the Comforter leads us to in our hearts under the New Covenant is neanderthal new covenant theology???

Old 06-20-2014, 06:19 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
The video is not working. Must have removed it.

I read only the first few comments to see what Oprah said. Then i remembered, this must be what i heard people talking about Oprah and her New Agey type touchy feely approach to religion.

I would not listen to her as far as spiritual things. Theres a lot of people who think like her. But its nothing i respect.

did she say Jesus was not the only way to heaven in the video? I think i remember her making this speech some time ago. I thought it was just typical touchy feely new agey pagan stuff which has no importance on me as a person and secondly as a christian. theres a lot of people saying whatever nowadays and i pay it no attention.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:47 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
As usual, I am witnessing to MY understanding of what we who follow Christ are authorized to do . . . i.e., "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't. I am pretty sure none of us have the wisdom of Christ or the love of Christ or the ability know the hearts of anyone else . . . so speaking as if we do does seem to me to be rather presumptuous. Are you suggesting that the New Covenant is barbaric and that God has NOT "written in our hearts?" Are you calling the Holy Spirit (Comforter) we were promised a false spirit? Do you think trusting what the Comforter leads us to in our hearts under the New Covenant is neanderthal new covenant theology???
Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 2 Corinthians11:14
I'm calling whatever you refer to as "the spirit that dwells within" is what it is 2 Corinthians11:14

And we know this by what this spirit has come out against of (implied and expressively) as it speaks from it's "bible". Based on what this "spirit that dwells within" is teaching from it's "bible", we're are able to compare it like what Bereans did ... and are then confidently able to answer your questions.

Are you suggesting that the New Covenant is barbaric and that God has NOT "written in our hearts?"
A: as to that spirit's doctrinal\theological proclamations and rebuttals: Yes -2 Corinthians11:14 ... it a masquerading message

Are you calling the Holy Spirit (Comforter) we were promised a false spirit?
A:as to that spirit's open doctrinal\theological proclamations and rebuttals (thus knowing it's fruit): Yes -2 Corinthians11:14 ... it a masquerading message

Do you think trusting what the Comforter leads us to in our hearts under the New Covenant is neanderthal new covenant theology???
A: as to that spirit's open doctrinal\theological proclamations and rebuttals (thus knowing it's fruit): Yes -2 Corinthians11:14 ... it a masquerading message

Last edited by twin.spin; 06-20-2014 at 09:30 AM..

Old 06-20-2014, 11:59 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
I'm calling whatever you refer to as "the spirit that dwells within" is what it is 2 Corinthians11:14

And we know this by what this spirit has come out against of (implied and expressively) as it speaks from it's "bible". Based on what this "spirit that dwells within" is teaching from it's "bible", we're are able to compare it like what Bereans did ... and are then confidently able to answer your questions.

Are you suggesting that the New Covenant is barbaric and that God has NOT "written in our hearts?"
A: as to that spirit's doctrinal\theological proclamations and rebuttals: Yes -2 Corinthians11:14 ... it a masquerading message

A:as to that spirit's open doctrinal\theological proclamations and rebuttals (thus knowing it's fruit): Yes -2 Corinthians11:14 ... it a masquerading message

Do you think trusting what the Comforter leads us to in our hearts under the New Covenant is neanderthal new covenant theology???
A: as to that spirit's open doctrinal\theological proclamations and rebuttals (thus knowing it's fruit): Yes -2 Corinthians11:14 ... it a masquerading message
The problem for those claiming God's spirit and rejecting anything in the Bible they don't agree with, is that they have no ability to truly test their "spirit" and no one else does either who subscribe to that idea. It isn't an internal test it is an external one as the Boreans showed. We can test that spirit someone claims by comparing their claimed leading to Scripture. If it does not match, beyond a few points, it isn't God's spirit. They won't accept that.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Okay. My witness has obviously fallen on the Old Covenant hardened rock of blind faith in the words "written in ink" and stone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
The problem for those claiming God's spirit and rejecting anything in the Bible they don't agree with, is that they have no ability to truly test their "spirit" and no one else does either who subscribe to that idea.
You keep saying this but it is NOT true. We have agape love to test the Spirit of anything. God IS agape love so anything NOT compatible with it is NOT of God. It is a simple test. You cannot actually mean you cannot identify what is agape loving and what is not????
Quote:
It isn't an internal test it is an external one as the Boreans showed. We can test that spirit someone claims by comparing their claimed leading to Scripture. If it does not match, beyond a few points, it isn't God's spirit. They won't accept that.
If you are using the words "written in ink" to test the Spirit of the words "written in ink" . . . you are NOT testing the Spirit. It is a silly and foolish exercise in futility based on a lack of belief in and lack of trust of the Comforter and what God has "written in our hearts."

Old 06-21-2014, 10:35 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Okay. My witness has obviously fallen on the Old Covenant hardened rock of blind faith in the words "written in ink" and stone.
You keep saying this but it is NOT true. We have agape love to test the Spirit of anything. God IS agape love so anything NOT compatible with it is NOT of God. It is a simple test. You cannot actually mean you cannot identify what is agape loving and what is not????If you are using the words "written in ink" to test the Spirit of the words "written in ink" . . . you are NOT testing the Spirit. It is a silly and foolish exercise in futility based on a lack of belief in and lack of trust of the Comforter and what God has "written in our hearts."
Exactly. I doubt the hard-liners will listen though - in fact they have already made up their minds and their heels are dug in. They will not see Christ until death overcomes them. No amount of arguing can change an individuals birth order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity