Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 08:45 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
No, God knows that there will be those worshipping idols, man made religions, money, possessions, addictions, etc....

Another "god" is anything that is more important to a person and is put before the Almighty God. There are no other gods, just illogical, selfish, man made myths.
TRUE! God said in Isaiah 43:10 "There is no other God, there never has been and never will be".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 08:51 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
TRUE! God said in Isaiah 43:10 "There is no other God, there never has been and never will be".
Thanks for the scripture reference, ILNC!! Someday I hope to be able to rip them off the top of my head as quickly as you do! God bless you!

Old 06-02-2008, 08:54 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Thanks for the scripture reference, ILNC!! Someday I hope to be able to rip them off the top of my head as quickly as you do! God bless you!
If you stay on this forum very long, you will begin to remember where they are

Old 06-02-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
If you stay on this forum very long, you will begin to remember where they are
Yeah, I've noticed that!! One thing very good about these discussions/debates is a Christian can really get to know where the scriptures are quickly and remember it! It's very good for Bible study and becoming well versed in it. When you keep having to quote things over and over, it tends to stick where it's located in the Bible.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Day...

After reading your response to my post, I went back and deleted it. In the event that I misunderstood, I do not want to offend anyone.

Apparently, you want to my response to dunroven to stay on the board.... it is quoted in your message.

One only has to wonder what your motivation is that you would want it to stay... and what you think the fruit of leaving it would be?

That's o.k.... it is a two-edged response.
Uhh....I did as you requested, but now I'm not so sure I should have. What's the deal? Maybe you should step back for a while?

Old 06-02-2008, 11:24 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Then what is the point of the exercise? Why do we concern ourselves whether the word is spread or taught, no matter the religion. It is all according to the pre-thought of God.

Why didn't God just make the choice for us then?

godspeed,

freedom
You are missing it. He doesn't make decisions for us. We make them of our own free will. We have to choose. That He knows before hand what decision we are going to make doesn't take the responsibility from us. What happens is not predestined. It is foreseen. God exists outside of space and time and can look into time at any point. He knows what will happen without interfering with our decisions. Why doesn't He choose for us? You can't make a creature love you. The love must come from the creature. We must decide.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:36 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times
Quote:
Uhh....I did as you requested, but now I'm not so sure I should have. What's the deal? Maybe you should step back for a while?
DOTL,

All questions have been deleted on my part. Maybe you should be less confrontational...

Considering your responses, it's no wonder I misread the original post that started this discourse.

Thank you. I have stepped back.... and, this is exactly why I did!

btw - It's funny. I remember not too long ago when you were frustrated and ready to leave CD, I was one who reached out to you personally with encouragment!

Last edited by World Citizen; 06-02-2008 at 12:12 PM..

Old 06-02-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
DOTL,

All questions have been deleted on my part. Maybe you should be less confrontational...

Considering your responses, it's no wonder I misread the original post that started this discourse.

I have stepped back.... and, this is exactly why I did!

btw - It's funny. I remember not too long ago when you were frustrated and ready to leave CD, I was one who reached out to you personally with encouragment!
There's a difference....I was discouraged by unbelievers and those who are teaching false doctrines. You weren't the only one who reached out to me, and I appreciated everyone who did. I've never attacked another true Christian, especially when their post was encouraging and filled with love and honesty. Why are you so hostile? I just DM'd you with encouragement, and I come back to find I didn't meet your request fast enough so you attacked me.

This is really bizarre behavior, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so. I didn't realize that there was a score card on encouragement and that entitles someone to be rude when they feel like it. Very un-Christian like behavior, WC. Now, if you want to settle down and apologize to me and to Dunroven on the board, then I will gladly delete the last two posts, like it never happened.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:46 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times
WHATEVER, dotl...

It is obvious that you are going to be right, no matter what.

First of all, the original response that you jumped on wasn't even directed to you... Maybe you should have let dunroven respond to my post??

At this point, I wish I'd never deleted my first message or even responded to you at all.
My purpose in deleting it was not to hide anything but to avoid starting an unneccessary dispute. That is obviously not something you understand...

I hope you feel better now that you've been able to set me straight. It's certainly helped me to become a better christian...

Have a nice day!

Last edited by World Citizen; 06-02-2008 at 01:52 PM..

Old 06-02-2008, 01:14 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Quote:
...You can't make a creature love you. The love must come from the creature. We must decide.
Why can't God do this Bideshi? Would it be wrong for Him to do this or would it be impossible for Him to do this? Every knee will bow before Him and every tongue will confess/give praise to Him so this will not be an option. Where will free will be in this? All will be subjected to Him. This will not be an option. I believe that God is able to and will be able to convince all so that they will willingly love Him. Is darkness greater than light? Those who do not love Him/choose Him are said to be blinded and held captive so how can they freely choose Him? How many of us would have chosen to love Him from solely of our own free will? Didn't something influence our decision? Did God have something to do with this? The idea that it is totally our decision to love God to me means that this is a work of man as opposed to a work of God. Who then can take the credit? (Ref. Romans 11:36) God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-02-2008 at 02:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity