Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 01:16 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,617,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
Thank you all for your comments on this post. I have enjoyed reading each one and I am so thankful that we in America can speak freely of
our Lord and Savior!

Oprah has such influence over so many people. It is up to us all to stand our ground with threads like this one so that others can read the truth.

We as Christians understand that without Jesus we are lost and in order to have everlasting life we must believe in Jesus. This is not arrogant it is the way as we see it. If you do not understand the message it is because you have not read the word and you do not believe. Perhaps this thread will lead you to understand the word and accept Christ.

Dunroven
Ok, well, shaking off the dust. I'm very sorry, Dunroven, for the misinterpretation of your obviously well intentioned post. I know you can't see the original posts that led up to the last few posts on the thread because they were deleted, but that's a good thing. Everyone else knew what you meant, so that's all that matters. I know you were expressing the excitement you have because Christians are speaking out against false doctrines such as Oprah's. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 01:22 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,200 times
Default you got the last word !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Ok, well, shaking off the dust. I'm very sorry, Dunroven, for the misinterpretation of your obviously well intentioned post. I know you can't see the original posts that led up to the last few posts on the thread because they were deleted, but that's a good thing. Everyone else knew what you meant, so that's all that matters. I know you were expressing the excitement you have because Christians are speaking out against false doctrines such as Oprah's. God bless.
As I said, you are going to be right - no matter what. And, you had to have the last word.

Thanks so much, dunroven, for posting to DayoftheLord's thread.

You are very lucky that DayoftheLord understands and wholeheartedly approves of your post!!

Last edited by World Citizen; 06-02-2008 at 01:54 PM..

Old 06-02-2008, 01:25 PM

38 posts, read 151,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranj_Ramak View Post
And what is the problem with that, exactly? Who says Jesus is the only way?.
.....your creator!

Old 06-02-2008, 08:15 PM

444 posts, read 1,648,611 times
Quote:
The Bible says that if we cause harm that we are to make every effort to make amends. I am very sorry if my post upset anyone. I am a very caring Christian and would never do anything to harm anyone. I hope that you will forgive me for not wording my post so that my intent was evident. This is a site that I can speak freely about my love for Jesus and my hope that all will be saved through sites like this one. False doctrine need to be recognized through sites like this one for the well being of the Church.

Please accept my humble apology for taking away from the original thread, that truly was not my intent.

Sincerely,

Dunroven

Old 06-02-2008, 08:42 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,617,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunroven55 View Post
The Bible says that if we cause harm that we are to make every effort to make amends. I am very sorry if my post upset anyone. I am a very caring Christian and would never do anything to harm anyone. I hope that you will forgive me for not wording my post so that my intent was evident. This is a site that I can speak freely about my love for Jesus and my hope that all will be saved through sites like this one. False doctrine need to be recognized through sites like this one for the well being of the Church.

Please accept my humble apology for taking away from the original thread, that truly was not my intent.

Sincerely,

Dunroven
Wow, you are really a very gracious person, Dunroven. This was NOT your fault. You did not direct your post to anyone specific, it was a very general declaration of your gladness that this type of thread existed. I have no idea what happened here, but I do know that you had nothing to do with it.

Unless someone quotes another person directly, then others should not assume that they are being spoken to, no matter what the post says!! God bless you, Dunroven, for being so humble.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:35 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,232,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranj_Ramak View Post
Who says Jesus is the only way?
God.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:55 PM

4 posts, read 11,168 times
Quote:
Wow....I have goosebumps. It's time to get prepared. I was talking with my sister earlier, and she directed me to this video on youtube. Some of you may already be aware of this, but I was not. I can't really explain how I feel right now. This is frightening. Please watch the WHOLE video.

I would really like to hear what everyone thinks of this.
no need to be scared, she is fulfilling prophecy,
2 Peter 3:3 (King James Version)

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

-----------------------
their own lusts meaning the will to do what feels good.
rejecting condemnation and guilt. allowing ourselves to be gods.

she said it it the video that god is not a belief but a feeling.
-----------------------
They said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires."

Old 02-06-2009, 07:58 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,314 times
Quote:
Wow....I have goosebumps. It's time to get prepared. I was talking with my sister earlier, and she directed me to this video on youtube. Some of you may already be aware of this, but I was not. I can't really explain how I feel right now. This is frightening. Please watch the WHOLE video.

YouTube - One World Church and Oprah Winfrey - 666

I would really like to hear what everyone thinks of this.
I saw this a long time ago and I then understood why My Pastor told his congregation not to watch oprah. I think that it is sad because oprah is going to lead alot of people astray.

When I heard her say," what about Jesus, their has to be more than one way".

So, sad, and then to top that off, she misunderstood the scripture in the bible talkng about God being a jeolous God. She took it out of context. Then I watched her do this kind of meditation type thing.

All I can say is what is she thinking.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:12 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,998,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
All I know is that Oprah had the good sense to leave Rev Wrights church when so many other good scriptural Christians remained

Go Oprah!
Be wise enough to decipher the false Christians from the true Christians. Simply calling yourself a Christian does not make you one.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:17 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Be wise enough to decipher the false Christians from the true Christians. Simply calling yourself a Christian does not make you one.
This concept was mentioned in a OP to someone else, so I'm bumping it for their enjoyment.

Last edited by twin.spin; 06-14-2014 at 03:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity