Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2008, 06:13 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,107,427 times

Advertisements

If you're not familiar with Leonard Ravenhill, you're really missing out, Saints. Go to SermonAudio and do a search on him. You'll be amazed at his teachings. Here's a sample transcript from his bold teaching on The Judgment Seat of Christ (from GodTube).

Quote:
But here, the great man, the rich man, the mighty man, the rulers... I saw the dead, small and great. Every king that's ruled over England, the caliphs of Baghdad, and the maharajas of India, the multi-millionaires, the billionaires...

They're all going to stand one day. Can you imagine it? At the judgment seat of Christ to give an account for the deeds dome in the body. Well, of course, if you have a judgment you must have a JUDGE. At the voice of the Son of God, they're all going to rise and face the Eternal Judge. What will He be like?

There are some dreadful pictures that have been given by the great masters, so-called, and they've given us pictures of Jesus but I'll tell you what, it's a very different picture in the Word of God. I believe that the church of Jesus Christ needs a new revelation of the majesty of God. This is the King of Kings! And He's the Judge of Judges! And the Tribunal of Tribunals! And there's NO court of appeals after it! The verdict is FINAL! There'll be no biased judgment!

The Apostle Paul got a picture of Jesus, not with a lamb in His arms and not like the stained glass windows where Jesus looks pathetically feminine! When I hear people singing, "Put your hand in the hand of Him that walked on the water"... forget it! Or the new song that's out, "Shake Hands with Jesus," Listen, when you see Jesus you're not going to walk up to Him and say, "Hey buddy, I'm glad you died for me." When you see Jesus you'll be almost paralyzed with fear unless you have a glorified body and a glorified mind.

The picture of Jesus here is not the picture of a pathetic individual pushed around by anybody that wants to push Him around! I think sometimes we think we're going to march up and say, "Well, You know Jesus, do You know how many years I've served You and how many souls I've won for You and how many sermons I've preached for You?" Oh, no, no, no, no....

Well, what will He be like in heaven? Well, I'll tell you what the Book says He'll be like... He says His hair is as white as snow. His feet are like burnished brass. His face is like the sun in its strength. His eyes are living coals of fire. His tongue as sharp as a two-edged sword. John, the man who walked with Him and talked with Him for three years said that "when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as DEAD."

What do you think you and I are going to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 04:18 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,337,535 times
When I'm really connected,
I'm aware of my wretchedness, when I stand myself beside the Holy author of Love.

But.....
He Loves me yet, with an everlasting Love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity