Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 07:18 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I really enjoy the new age theology. That being yes of course I believe this, or that but that scripture wasn't literal, and moses didn't really do this, it's figurative, and no we don't believe that happened. It's I believe what I want to believe philosophy.

So many people put forth dismission of the very idea of demons, and curses in this thread. Yet the bible mentions these things constantly. It also mentions false prophets and non believers alot, too.

You either believe it all, or might as well believe none of it. You don't have to get it all right, or know it all, and you don't always have to be right, but YOU HAVE TO TRY.

I believe god isn't too happy. This new age Idea that you're saved simply by accepting christ is very widespread. I talked to a slum landlord who came right out and stated "I don't even try to be good because I'm imperfect, but I'm saved"

I really don't believe it works that way. I believe accepting means you try to BE something daily not just SAY something all teary eyed in a church once.
Good post.

Very good post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 07:27 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Sampson was favored of god, and yet he obviously was involved in an illicit/bad relationship with a somewhat decietful woman. Who kinda puffed him, and brought him to ruin. The story kinda blames a woman for this, but I'm sure Sampson was probably not taking the trash out when she asked, and leaving the toliet seat up. And coming home not cleaning his jaw bone off, and just dumping it in the hallway for delilah to clean up. I'm sure it was fault on both sides.

He probably was not being attentive to her needs. He probably felt after a hard day of killing a thousand guys he'd done his share, but did he really listen to her? Were they communicating? Were they enjoying any quality time working on their relationship. This account doesn't seem to take all that into consideration and totally misses his generational learned bad behavior, why it even sorta says SHE WAS JUST PLAIN EVIL! LOL

Last edited by optiflex; 06-05-2008 at 07:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity