Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 03:01 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

As I was posting here, I saw a link to a thread about this sad story:

Baby 'starved to death' because he did not say Amen

Truly, our doctrines can kill...
This is why I want my doctrine to be, first and foremost, Love.

Blessings to all,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 03:59 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Blessings to all,
brian
These kinds of stories always shock me. Sad, indeed. The spirit of unlove is very cruel.

Heartsong

Old 06-24-2010, 04:33 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
What a tragic story......that poor child. Yes, cults like this are very dangerous and like you said Brian, if we base our lives on the words of Christ Himself and His teachings of LOVE then things like this would never happen. Where there is the love of Christ, there is peace and harmony.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:20 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,249 times
Quote:

Blessings to all,
brian
Doctrines don't kill, people do.

There is nothing in the Word of God that says to starve a child into submission. There is also nothing in the Word about carrying a dead child in a suitcase for a year or longer, hoping for some miracle of a resurrection.

So, this is nothing more than a deluded mind thinking HER doctrine was a correct one. It is also why we should NEVER add or subtract to the Word.

Quote:
For God SO LOVED the WORLD, that He SENT His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, that whosoever should BELIEVE IN HIM, should NOT PERISH, but have EVERLASTING LIFE.
Love IS the doctrine, according to the Word.

It is,,,everything,,, period,,,even God.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:22 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:

Blessings to all,
brian

Old 06-24-2010, 06:26 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:

Blessings to all,
brian

Gee....ain't "religion" grand.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:34 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Doctrines don't kill, people do.

There is nothing in the Word of God that says to starve a child into submission. There is also nothing in the Word about carrying a dead child in a suitcase for a year or longer, hoping for some miracle of a resurrection.

So, this is nothing more than a deluded mind thinking HER doctrine was a correct one. It is also why we should NEVER add or subtract to the Word.

Love IS the doctrine, according to the Word.

It is,,,everything,,, period,,,even God.
Amen.... HotinAZ !!! People kill people !!
What seems even worse is those who gloat over and looking for such stories to post in a Christianity forum in order to degrade another's belief, religion in order to make theirs say it is truth or love whatever and that other guys is hate, blah, blah, blah.... that is not love in finding or seeking out such stories to rejoice over in order to try in proving some kind of point.... to themselves or other's !!!

This thread is who truly is lacking in love and a mind who is sicker then the people in such articles who have possible some kind of mental illness, or lacking emotional security who would fall into the hands of another to be accepted..... has nothing to do with religion !!! It is obvious what this poster is doing !!!

Especially when there are thousands upon thousand of stories out there where people have killed people, children, who have no religious affiliation whatsoever.
And to find such joy in posting one or two stories of people who obviously belong to a cult to try and say something that is not even true of those who have faith in Jesus Christ !! This only shows more of their hatred or un-forgiveness toward a group of people who practice and live their faith in Christ, who worship Him and fellowship in a church....... who trust the word of God with all their heart in all that is written, even Hell !!!

Sad when this is nothing but to degrade another's religion and to make their point by saying......
"This is why I want my doctrine to be, first and foremost, Loves" !!!!

1Cor.13:1-8 (The Message)
If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.
If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing.
If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:00 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen.... HotinAZ !!! People kill people !!
What seems even worse is those who gloat over and looking for such stories to post in a Christianity forum in order to degrade another's belief, religion in order to make theirs say it is truth or love whatever and that other guys is hate, blah, blah, blah.... that is not love in finding or seeking out such stories to rejoice over in order to try in proving some kind of point.... to themselves or other's !!!

This thread is who truly is lacking in love and a mind who is sicker then the people in such articles who have possible some kind of mental illness, or lacking emotional security who would fall into the hands of another to be accepted..... has nothing to do with religion !!! It is obvious what this poster is doing !!!

Especially when there are thousands upon thousand of stories out there where people have killed people, children, who have no religious affiliation whatsoever.
And to find such joy in posting one or two stories of people who obviously belong to a cult to try and say something that is not even true of those who have faith in Jesus Christ !! This only shows more of their hatred or un-forgiveness toward a group of people who practice and live their faith in Christ, who worship Him and fellowship in a church....... who trust the word of God with all their heart in all that is written, even Hell !!!

Sad when this is nothing but to degrade another's religion and to make their point by saying......
"This is why I want my doctrine to be, first and foremost, Loves" !!!!

1Cor.13:1-8 (The Message)
If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.
If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing.
If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies.

Just to clarify, my point in this thread is to help us remember that people will do things that are contrary to the Love you mentioned above, all because it is their "doctrine."

I'm not saying that I'm "better than others." If anything, we all can be deceived into holding to a doctrine so tightly that we do not walk in the Spirit of Love.

We can all help each other in this!

blessings,
brian

Old 06-24-2010, 09:47 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Just to clarify, my point in this thread is to help us remember that people will do things that are contrary to the Love you mentioned above, all because it is their "doctrine."
We don't have to be reminded by comparing doctrines with someone else's doctrine if one has faith in Jesus Christ and have to result to reading such horrid stories to reassure our selves of what we believe is truth or not. The Holy Spirit will through the scripture be our guide, teacher of what we believe not such articles one has posted from a worlds point of view !!!

Why not show the stories of people who act upon Love..... there are thousands of them and more encouraging, spurring others on to act upon the love of God..... rather then finding fault and criticizing the teaching of others !!!
Remember it says...... "Love cares more for others than for self," "Doesn't keep score of the sins of others," and showing this article is keeping score and thinking that one has the right doctrine !!!

Quote:
I'm not saying that I'm "better than others." If anything, we all can be deceived into holding to a doctrine so tightly that we do not walk in the Spirit of Love.
Sure you are..... and you're using that article and the weakness of another person mental health, emotions to prove your point of your teaching that God is love ONLY and besides that you wouldn't have made the statement......

"This is why I want my doctrine to be, first and foremost, Love."

That statement speaks volumes of that you have it and others don't !!! You are comparing what you believe to what the woman in the article believed....... and that is not love! Because God love does not look upon the fault of other's.... to give us the reassurance within ourselves by pointing out the wrong and weakness in other's!!

He definitely will not tell us to use the weakness and acts of wrong to prove doctrines..... His word is where He always leads us too.....
Love does no harm to their neighbor !!!
And it seems showing this article has the intent of harming the reputation of another unbelief !!!

Quote:
We can all help each other in this!
blessings,
brian
How do you figure that, Brian ???? When you are actually showing the opposite of His love by comparing the heart of another !!!

Old 06-24-2010, 10:12 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,714 times
Quote:

Blessings to all,
brian
That made me cry and yes you are correct Brian, we need to put God's Love first - doctrines can be lethal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity