Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Christians: do you think it is a sin to vote for Barack Obama?
Yes 49 26.49%
No 136 73.51%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:25 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,559,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
A fertilized egg is potential life. If it implants, and begins to grow, it becomes a life. However, upon fertilization, it's not a life. It's a glob of cells.
To you.

Maybe you should go look a sonogram and tell me it's not a life, then when your thru with that change legislation when a person who is drunk plows into a pregnant woman killing her baby that it's not man slaughter, afterall it's a glob of cells.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:26 PM

897 posts, read 2,457,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I disagree with Obama on social issues like gay marriage and abortion, but I also dont think this country can afford four more years of Bush policies. I will not vote for McCain. If I don't vote for Obama I will just stay home. As a Bible-believing Christian, would it be a sin for me to vote for Obama, or would I be justified in putting aside social issues for one election for the good of the country?
Are you kidding me. So this is what the world has come to where because a person may believe in something different than you that it causes you to sin. Oh come on get a life.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
As a human being, I can not begin to understand how you could seem to place so much stature in a group of cells but could care less about your fellow man. You are saying that unborn children are more important than children who are born that are literally starving to death right this second. More innocent children die every minute from disease and malnutrtion than those lost by abortions. I can not fathom how someone could place thier vote soley on a single issue. When you are laid off due to the economy, lose your house because you cant pay for it anymore and are choosing to either stay sick or buy food since money is scarce, I can not see how you can place more value on an unborn fetus than a born persons survival.
No one does and those are strawmans you are using.

It was Christians who fed the hungry first, It was Christians who gave to the poor first and clothed them, It was Christians that tended to the sick and wounded first. Who are you to tell Christians what they should
care about.

To totally give in on a moral issue for the sole purpose of having better healthcare and a better economy is a sin and if you are Christian you should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
Are you kidding me. So this is what the world has come to where because a person may believe in something different than you that it causes you to sin. Oh come on get a life.
You may be a Christian but you are not bible believing when it comes to abortion and homosexuality, the bible is very clear!

Old 09-02-2008, 12:39 PM

537 posts, read 1,322,241 times
A vote for Obama is a vote for MURDER. Check out the bills regarding abortion he has voted for in the past folks.

YouTube - BARACK OBAMA BABY KILLER SUPPORTS PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTIONS

Old 09-02-2008, 12:46 PM

286 posts, read 804,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
Yes you are right, He is pro-choice but he is not pro-abortion (rolling eyes)

Oh I am pro-ownership but I am not pro-slavery
Yet for some reason I would guess that you are in favor of the death penalty as well as the war right?

And yes, there is a difference. You see, my personal beliefs are that I am against abortion, however it is not my right to force my views upon people. Pro choice is the same "free will" that God gave each and every one of us.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWay2MO View Post
A vote for Obama is a vote for MURDER. Check out the bills regarding abortion he has voted for in the past folks.

YouTube - BARACK OBAMA BABY KILLER SUPPORTS PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTIONS
Oh yes, lets all vote for someone who DIVORCED his CRIPPLED WIFE to marry a rich trophy wife whose VP choice's daughter is pregnant out of wedlock. The bible says you can tell the fruits of a man by his children...dont be hypocrites

PS. McCain has said he wouldnt vote to overturn Roe vs Wade

Old 09-02-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
No one does and those are strawmans you are using.

It was Christians who fed the hungry first, It was Christians who gave to the poor first and clothed them, It was Christians that tended to the sick and wounded first. Who are you to tell Christians what they should
care about.

To totally give in on a moral issue for the sole purpose of having better healthcare and a better economy is a sin and if you are Christian you should be ashamed of yourself.
That is one of the most selfish things I have ever heard, putting a bunch of cells over that of your fellow man.

That is total BS. People were helping people LONG BEFORE christians came onto the scene, so don't think that christians have a monopoly on helping others.

And if you were so gung ho on helping others, where are the christian rallies dealing with world hunger? child abuse? poverty? Thats right, yall are too busy condemning gays to an eternity of hell and protesting about abortion...so why is it that you can summon up the energy and passion to protest gays and abortion but are no where to be found calling attention to the human suffering now going on? For some reason I can't picture Jesus with a "God Hates ****" protest sign...

Old 09-02-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi View Post
Yet for some reason I would guess that you are in favor of the death penalty as well as the war right?

And yes, there is a difference. You see, my personal beliefs are that I am against abortion, however it is not my right to force my views upon people. Pro choice is the same "free will" that God gave each and every one of us.
I was against the war from the getgo but after America made a muck of a mess, it would have been absolutely worse to leave it.

Robert Frost an independent British jounalist said, "America must leave Iraq, America will leave Iraq, America can't leave Iraq"

Yes I have no problem with the death penalty because the bible has no problem with it either.

That last part is copout. I guess when adults are molesting children we should have no say on that as well afterall we shouldn't force our views but here's the kicker, aren't pro-choice people forcing their views on us as well?

This is not some topic of taste great, less filling, this is a moral issue and we should have every right to speak out as Christians and as human beings.

That free will is a bit of an illusion, you see there will be a consequence for your actions in the name of "free will".

Have you looked at my name, I use to be a liberal, I use to think like that but I have come to the conclusion that without God man's arguments make absolutely ZERO sense.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoi View Post
That is one of the most selfish things I have ever heard, putting a bunch of cells over that of your fellow man.

That is total BS. People were helping people LONG BEFORE christians came onto the scene, so don't think that christians have a monopoly on helping others.

And if you were so gung ho on helping others, where are the christian rallies dealing with world hunger? child abuse? poverty? Thats right, yall are too busy condemning gays to an eternity of hell and protesting about abortion...so why is it that you can summon up the energy and passion to protest gays and abortion but are no where to be found calling attention to the human suffering now going on? For some reason I can't picture Jesus with a "God Hates ****" protest sign...
Another rediculous strawman argument, just because I don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle I am one of those people. No I am not. Those people are revilers.

In the bible it reads. No thief, no murderer, no reviler will enter the kingdom of heaven.

It was Christianity, that brought schools to this country, Harvard, Yale, it was Christianity that brought hospitals, it was Christianity that brought the Salvation Army, YMCA etc.....You ever heard of missions all over the world thru missionaries? Where do you think our money goes?

Look at your history and tell me different
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity