U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Christians: do you think it is a sin to vote for Barack Obama?
Yes 48 26.82%
No 131 73.18%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-03-2008, 01:00 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,102,796 times
Reputation: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
There is no such thing as a "Pro-Life" individual , when such believe that the child once born can go out and kill or be killed during times of war. The worst of this worlds wars were started by so-called Christian nations. People of the same demonination killing and butchering one another. And this same diseased attitude continues on today. Thou shalt not murder, but it's alright to kill someone.

Another issue is that those that call themselves "Pro-Life" don't even agree on whether or not to abort under certain circumstances such as rape victim. So the question is, Is the embryo inside a rape victim not human ??????

Hence they are "Anti-Abortion" . Then again the question begs to be asked, "In view of the "Once Saved Always Saved" mindset, is it okay to get an abortion when all you have to do is "Believe On the Lord Jesus" and your saved ????? Or confess the abortion to the Priest and your saved ????

Issues , issues , issues and still the nothing but questions.

The only thing we do know is that a born again evangelical is "Anti-Abortion" not "Pro-Life" because they are not consistant with their view of Life.
Could you name which born again Christians started a war? Can you even name one? Because at this point, I think you are really going off on the deep end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-03-2008, 01:04 AM
 
2,256 posts, read 3,290,997 times
Reputation: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Could you name which born again Christians started a war? Can you even name one? Because at this point, I think you are really going off on the deep end.
Lutherans, Baptists, Mormons, Methodists, Pentecostals, Catholics, etc

You are welcome to fly from Michigan and visit the Holocaust Museum and find out for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 01:07 AM
 
Location: 96820
796 posts, read 1,434,283 times
Reputation: 369
Thumbs down will that be scrambled with tost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
So you believe God supports doctors cutting open the back of a childs head in order for them to suck out the childs brains. And they do this so the child that is 8 or 9 months along in it's mother womb can be aborted. DO YOU REALLY THINK GOD SUPPORTS THAT? Becasue I have to tell you, that's what your Obama supports.
Suck da brains so baby can be aborted!! Not so - suckie sucky is to kill - murder even - so the baby does not SCREAM when being yanked out. Screaming babies disturb the mother and the murdering quack. This 'procedure' is done with and egg beater type device just as the baby' head "crowns" .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 01:18 AM
 
2,256 posts, read 3,290,997 times
Reputation: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
So you believe God supports doctors cutting open the back of a childs head in order for them to suck out the childs brains. And they do this so the child that is 8 or 9 months along in it's mother womb can be aborted. DO YOU REALLY THINK GOD SUPPORTS THAT? Becasue I have to tell you, that's what your Obama supports.
Well in a sick sort of way, Why would'nt he ??? This is the same exact excuse evangelicals give for going to war and butchering their brothers of the same exact faith for any God given Ordained reason the Reverend , Priest or Pastor explains it !!! Right ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 01:56 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 6,102,796 times
Reputation: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Lutherans, Baptists, Mormons, Methodists, Pentecostals, Catholics, etc

You are welcome to fly from Michigan and visit the Holocaust Museum and find out for yourself.
No I did not ask the names of the religions, I ask you to name the born again Christian that actually started the war. Its easy to accuse religions of all kinds of things. Yet when you ask for actual names of people, thats when the truth comes out. I know that a number of Christians died in death camps for protecting the Jews. So I would be really intrested in knowing what born again Christians actually started the wars you are speaking of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 02:09 AM
 
2,256 posts, read 3,290,997 times
Reputation: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
No I did not ask the names of the religions, I ask you to name the born again Christian that actually started the war. Its easy to accuse religions of all kinds of things. Yet when you ask for actual names of people, thats when the truth comes out. I know that a number of Christians died in death camps for protecting the Jews. So I would be really intrested in knowing what born again Christians actually started the wars you are speaking of.
As true to form, side step the issue!

Sadly it always ends up as God's fault!!!

Delussional is definitely the word for it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 03:08 AM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
7,875 posts, read 6,641,726 times
Reputation: 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
If, in putting aside social issues, you are also putting aside your values and morals then you are sinning in that you are not being true to yourself. If your values are Christian values, and a politicians values do not align, then you are in effect voting against Christian values. God says 'X' Obama says 'Y' if you pick 'Y' over 'X' you are putting Obama over God and that is a sin. Any politician can be substituted for Obama in this test. The concern should be on social and moral issues. God did not say, "Thou shalt not have socialistic health care. Thou shalt not have one tax structure over another." God said render unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's and unto God what is God's. God said love the world, love your neighbor. Obama has a very long history of relationships with some very hateful people. God commands honesty - Obama refuses to open the book and reveal himself on many many issues of his past and personal life. There is no sin in picking one leader over another. There is sin in picking a leader over God. And one last note, just because someone says they are Christian does not make it so. Christianity is best determined by how a person lives their life, who a person holds as friends, and how a person impacts the lives of those around him.
Im sorry but i disagree with your assestment.People came to this country to escape religious persecution.Although many had a christian faith,they understood the importance of seperating religion from governmenbecause they realize that religion is subjective.Who's view of Christianity is more valid?The Southern Baptist who up until last a year or 2 ago only then apologized for its major role in slavery?What if Romney became President?Would some object? Mormons technically are Christians.
I think to many self professed Christians are blindly following their Pastors rhetoric without thinking for themselves.We have gotten into problems in this country because we are trying make everybody Christian by legislation as opposed to free will which is in my opinon what makes us different than say an Islamic state.

People do things in groups.Most are afraid to think out loud differently than others in their mist for fear of being an out cast. We have the worst "quality of life" than any country with so much wealth because we are always trying to control the behavior of people around us because "WE" can't deal with people different ways.
How can we as a free country really constitutionally ban a segment of society the right to live the life that is right for them?No i do not believe in Gay marriage but blocking ones right does not get me closer or futher from the grace of God.
Obama has never been even questioned by the law in his dealings with anyone who has been involved in anything improper.He has stated many times that he chose a friend who went a different path than what he knew him to be.
I thought it was a fact that Jesus often had friends who were prostitutes,theives,and others in low society.

In fact Christian Morals have always been more often than not have been hypocrtical more than actual especially when it comes to polictics in this country.
Quote:
And one last note, just because someone says they are Christian does not make it so. Christianity is best determined by how a person lives their life, who a person holds as friends, and how a person impacts the lives of those around him.
The churches,and people lives on the south side of Chicago that Obama effected in positive ways in his earlier years would have no problem with your statement.McCain(an honorable man i believe),Bush and Bush(not so much), in the eyes of Christianity could be thought of as a "warmonger" easily.After all,are not god's people all over the world?You are wrong to question anybodies credentials as a Christian by masking your opinions behind selected scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 03:11 AM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
7,875 posts, read 6,641,726 times
Reputation: 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
I'm voting for Obama and I've been a Bible-believing Christian most of my life and I accepted Christ 38 years ago.

Fortunately, God is in control. Not Obama. Not McCain. Not Bush. Not the Pope. Not Billary. Not Hollywood. Not the media. My God is bigger than all of them.
amen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 03:20 AM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
7,875 posts, read 6,641,726 times
Reputation: 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Your choices don't offend me, and i believe you when you say you would be a good neighbor.
I've had gay neighbors before and they were kind and friendly, one of the guys even cut my hair, until he got aids, i've worked with dozens of gay and lesbian people, and find that for the most part they are nice people, but very unhealthy in body and spirit. Making their gayness the reason they exist.
I lived in Palm Desert for 5 yrs. Cathedral city was over 50% gay, the majority were sex, and drug addicts, and many, many had aids, and chose not to change their behavior. I've never met a gay that had true joy.
Unfortunately many in your lifestyle are perverse and blatant in their expressions of sexual immorallity, and activism.
It's a frog in the pot of water issue to me, once we go down the road that Man says God made people homosexual and there is nothing that can be dones about it, then there is no overcoming what is a sin in God's word.

It's not religious bigotry to follow your religion. It's righteousness.

I wish you the best.

godspeed,

freedom
Did it occur to you ever that the reason you have not met a homosexual with true joy is that if you are oppressed by a majority constantly and out casted by family and friends.Where is the true joy?
True Joy?I don't even know many Christians with true joy.Let God be the judge of one spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2008, 03:32 AM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
7,875 posts, read 6,641,726 times
Reputation: 2287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
The question still remains, is it right or wrong? As Christians we must speak up and say, it is wrong? the rest is left up to God.

I don't expect a President to overturn this, that is not up to him but a President who holds certain values that coincide with Christians will put certain judges on the Supreme Court.

Senator Obama claims he is a Christian yet supports the murder of babies errr....I mean "unwanted pregnancies", how in good conscience can a Christian vote for him. I just don't see it.
Oh i missed that.You are a Christian?I couldn't tell.You were too busy judging.Which means you are God.
It is a womans right to choose.I don't like abortion,i don't support it.I cannot tell a woman what to do with her body.I do support limitations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top