Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 02:54 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
We are supposed to lift each other up not cause a spirit to despair. You do not know enough about the OP's circumstances to make those statements.
Right! It's so easy to slip into judgment of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 02:56 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanesG View Post
It may not be what he, or others want to hear, but it's what he needs to hear. Reguardless of beliefs if you set a goal or want a specific outcome for yourself, and it doesn't happen, you have noone else to blame but yourself. People always try to play the "God's fault" card if something doesn't go their way or they didn't get something even though they prayed for it. If you want something YOU go out and get it. Plain and simple!
I actually agree with your point, however, this person may truly not understand God yet or how He operates. Remember a time perhaps when you were confused as to how it all works?

Extend a little extra grace.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:06 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,592 times
1PET 5:10-11 "But the God of all grace, who has called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that you have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you. To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen." Jesus said, "In the world you shall have tribulation but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

Some day you will be able to move on to greener pastures and these troubles will fade into memory as it did for Joseph, David, Paul and myself.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:53 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I have desperately been trying to get out of Yuma, AZ for a long time now. I have been praying and crying out to God for a job in Indiana but no answer and a lot of rejection letters. I miss my family and I am always sick all the time from severe allergies due to dust, pesticides, and field burning. I missed 15 days of work last year because my allergies were so bad. I basically have no life here in Yuma other than watching movies and tv. I want to be out of Yuma so bad that it is painful but can't leave until I find a job. I am just wondering if God is trying to punish for something awful I did.

while i sympathise with your possition , has it not occurred to you that starving people in africa might have themselves cried out to god for help with not having enough food for thier kids , let alone not being able to secure solid employment , by any objective analysis , the wretched in the third world should be a higher priority to god than some mid western american yet god does nothing about the hungary ethiopian

Old 05-15-2012, 05:58 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
I actually agree with your point, however, this person may truly not understand God yet or how He operates. Remember a time perhaps when you were confused as to how it all works?

Extend a little extra grace.

that you feel entitled to make a statement like " this person may not understand god yet or how he opperates " , suggests that you yourself have a deep understanding of how god opperates and how he views people who find themselves in a bind

Old 05-18-2012, 08:18 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
To all that are willing, let's pray for this OP to get out of Yuma, to be given eyes to see why it has not happened yet, and to be blessed inside and outside, of Yuma if God will be willing. Sincerely~

Old 05-20-2012, 10:52 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I have desperately been trying to get out of Yuma, AZ for a long time now. I have been praying and crying out to God for a job in Indiana but no answer and a lot of rejection letters. I miss my family and I am always sick all the time from severe allergies due to dust, pesticides, and field burning. I missed 15 days of work last year because my allergies were so bad. I basically have no life here in Yuma other than watching movies and tv. I want to be out of Yuma so bad that it is painful but can't leave until I find a job. I am just wondering if God is trying to punish for something awful I did.
There may be some reason God wants you in Yuma. If God wants you in a specific location, he will make it happen and close all other doors. I am going through something similar right now except I want to stay where I am living but in three years have been unable to find a decent job so I am taking that as God's sign its time to move. Instead of asking God to get you out of Yuma, ask him what his will is for your life and if that is staying in Yuma, to show you a clear sign as to why you are there and what you need to accomplish for his kingdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity