Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:28 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,128,321 times

Advertisements

I would like to know if any of you have read this book, and what you got out of it. I have read it, and it was awesome. )

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 09:46 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,778,329 times
My wife bought it recently and it's next on my to read list. Thanks for the rave about it. Gives me somthing to look forward to. I'll let you know when I've read it what I think.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:53 PM

Thumbs up Excellent!

Okay... I read this book in like 8 hours!! It was a wonderful book and what an uplifting message. It actually addresses a lot of questions new believers or maybe even agnostics have questions about. It was a very powerful book. There was more than one place I teared up (well, cried actually). I'd recommend this book

Old 08-25-2008, 02:49 PM

599 posts, read 1,256,987 times
I read this book while we were on vacation this summer and really loved it. I agree, it has a very uplifting message and I cried while reading parts of it too (hard to avoid considering the story line). I might have to read parts of it again as it gets pretty deep in some spots. I highly recommend this book as well!

Old 08-25-2008, 03:50 PM

This book has been making the word of mouth rounds like wild fire. He only spent $300 marketing this book up until the 1 million mark. It hit #1 on the NY times best seller list, and this book would NOT get published by the religious or secular publishing houses. Actually it took 2 other authors to form a publishing company to put the book out. What was that quote from the movie,,"big mistake, big, big mistake." It is being rewritten as a screenplay and will be a movie.

Great Job William P. Young!

Written as a story for his children, it has turned into a masterpiece. Shows the heart of sorrow, and helped me cope with a loss that I still to this day have sorrow for. It is this generations Pilgrim's Progress as stated on the cover by a critic.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:44 PM

Yes, I admit, I'm going to re-read it before passing it on to my SIL. There are some "discussions" in the book that get pretty deep. I read them twice when I came across them, but still... to dig deeper I'll have to take it a bit slower this time

As for the story line, as the author says in the Forward and Conclusion ... I want it to be true. However, even if it was not the "reality" as we experience it ... say it was a vision like John had to write Revelation ... doesn't make it any less "true" as Mack's experience. I'm just glad he shared it with us.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:34 PM

537 posts, read 1,317,527 times
Never heard of it. I will have to look into reading it, especially since the secular and "religious" folks are against it

Old 08-25-2008, 08:58 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,802,259 times
She said it was the religious and secular "publishing house:, they looked at it, to see if would make money for them and thought otherewise.......probably looking for something more PC to publish as long as it dosnt step on anyones toes. Where can Iget my copy?

Old 08-26-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
She said it was the religious and secular "publishing house:, they looked at it, to see if would make money for them and thought otherewise.......probably looking for something more PC to publish as long as it dosnt step on anyones toes. Where can Iget my copy?
Am a "he" or child of God, but not considered she unless it is part of the bride of Christ.

You can pick up a copy even a target now. It was only available for a while at Christian bookstores, or online.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:06 AM

I believe my wife picked up our copy at Wal-Mart. It's not a huge book, but I believe it can make a huge impact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity