U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Unread 07-06-2008, 01:28 PM
 
3,761 posts, read 5,055,200 times
Reputation: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Then why do it? Why put that much energy into it?
I am not any longer. I bit my tongue for over a year. I am no longer in that situation but I expressed my feelings professionally at the end. They think I have an attitude problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 07-06-2008, 01:29 PM
 
812 posts, read 1,429,007 times
Reputation: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I am 48. I have went to church most of my life. At the present time, I do not attend a church because I am not sure which one to go to. However, as far as guarding my ton, I am not nasty with anyone or use curse words I just honestly tell them about a situation, etc.
If you are doing things in a loving Christian way, and not having any conflict and not having problems w/ people then you shouldn't be having problems.

Other peoples problems are their own problems. be it they are liars or not, we cannot judge and we cannot deal w/ it then it's time to not deal w/ them. Conflict or anything negative won't resolve anything. Just pray about it and you'll be fine as long as you don't participate in anything that you in your heart isn't good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-06-2008, 01:31 PM
 
812 posts, read 1,429,007 times
Reputation: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by PG77Well, just believing that you are right is not enough, you must also have proof that you are right.
I mean if you are wrong, but believe that you are right, no one will agree with you and their claim that you have an attitude problem turns out to be true.
If you cannot admit to yourself that you might be wrong you might have a real problem, because what started as a discussion will only end up in a shouting contest.

Originally Posted by PrinnyNo, don't worry that was a jab at Greatday.
I don't know you well enough to say that you are dishonest or not.
Tricky, on that note, I'll add, Greatday is a very kind person. Let's leave another forum in another forum okay. Be fair about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-06-2008, 01:32 PM
 
3,761 posts, read 5,055,200 times
Reputation: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
If you are doing things in a loving Christian way, and not having any conflict and not having problems w/ people then you shouldn't be having problems.

Other peoples problems are their own problems. be it they are liars or not, we cannot judge and we cannot deal w/ it then it's time to not deal w/ them. Conflict or anything negative won't resolve anything. Just pray about it and you'll be fine as long as you don't participate in anything that you in your heart isn't good.
Yeah, I guess I worry too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-06-2008, 01:33 PM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,532 posts, read 9,571,600 times
Reputation: 1522
Originally Posted by PG77
Quote:
I have a ton of evidence but it did no good. It was like beating my head against a wall.
In that case examine what you are doing wrong.
And ask yourself critical questions as:
- Why can't I, even with all the gathered evidence, can't get my point across?
- Is my evidence correct?
- Do I have more than 1 independent source that correlates with my evidence?
etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-06-2008, 01:33 PM
 
812 posts, read 1,429,007 times
Reputation: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Yeah, I guess I worry too much.
Don't worry, it isn't of The Lord, and the time you spend in worry will never come back to you!

Be happy okay! have peace of mind and heart! I'll think the best for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-06-2008, 01:34 PM
 
Location: (WNY)
5,384 posts, read 6,265,727 times
Reputation: 7550
Let go... and Let God... that is all YOU have in your control. Can't change other people you can only change yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-06-2008, 01:35 PM
 
3,761 posts, read 5,055,200 times
Reputation: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by PG77 In that case examine what you are doing wrong.
And ask yourself critical questions as:
- Why can't I, even with all the gathered evidence, can't get my point across?
- Is my evidence correct?
- Do I have more than 1 independent source that correlates with my evidence?
etc.
Five people left this job in two months. Would that be enough evidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-06-2008, 01:50 PM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,532 posts, read 9,571,600 times
Reputation: 1522
Originally Posted by PG77
Quote:
Five people left this job in two months. Would that be enough evidence?
It depends if their leaving had anything to do with the problem.
When you go against people who have more resources than you, it becomes imperative that your evidence is 120% correct.
And even then you might not win because corporations can stall for ages while you must find another way of income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-06-2008, 01:51 PM
 
3,761 posts, read 5,055,200 times
Reputation: 819
Sorry everyone. I am having one of those days where the devil is trying to get a hold of me and bring me down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top