U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 01:53 PM

812 posts, read 1,486,195 times
We all have bad days and the idea is not to stay down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 01:57 PM

5,384 posts, read 6,537,132 times
Go outside, take a walk and enjoy what God gave you Get out of the slump... there is lots to be happy about. Worrying about other people's behaviors isn't something you need dragging you down... You have no power over that... Force a smile... and enjoy the rest of your day

Old 07-06-2008, 02:08 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Sorry everyone. I am having one of those days where the devil is trying to get a hold of me and bring me down.
Don't let him get at you! The above advice is good advice... get outside, think on God and not your problems. Show some love and kindness to others if for no other reason than you want to. That will get your mind refocused.

As far as work situations.... I can truly sympathize. What I've come to do, as I work with not-so-nice people: I am cordial, I only discuss work or work-related topics, I do my job and I do it the best I can and I cover my butt ! I document things and make sure when I do something, my name or initials are on stuff so there's no question who did it. If my initials aren't there, then I didn't touch it. And throughout the day, I hum some of my favorite hymns or contemporary Christian songs. I even pray silently. It helps keep me upbeat and wards off worry and stress. Also, my day seems to go much better and much faster than if I dwell on things beyond my control.

Hope that helps and blessings to you and yours

Old 07-06-2008, 02:30 PM

12,347 posts, read 14,153,823 times
Quote:
I know in the Bible it says you are supposed to "turn the other cheek" but is it wrong to stand up for yourself and be honest? I am finding great difficulty with this as I encounter so many people who blatantly lie, etc. I believe in being honest and I call people out on it when they are being dishonest. Am I wrong? Should I just be quiet and turn the other cheek or are there times when it is acceptable to speak up?
The only people I actually know well enough to know when they are lieing are my family, and they know very well that I will not tolerate being lied to..I do have to restrain my anger and try to deal with them in a civil way..I tell then that no matter how much it may embarrass you or what the consequences will be it is best to tell the truth from the start..One lie usually leads to a whole pack of lies and the truth then is lost and everyone is usually mad
I agree with what Mams said about making sure you cover all your work with your sig or initials and stay out of the busiiness of making friends at work, because that leads to the dormation of cliques and there is where a lot of the trouble at work begins..

Old 07-06-2008, 04:36 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,379,261 times
If something is obviously wrong you need to speak up. One girl was F... ing and blinding at work - I thorught it was disgusting and unprofessional so I told her to mind her language. People are no embarassed to do wrong, we shouldn't be ashamed to do right.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:39 PM

3,761 posts, read 5,245,155 times
I am watching the TV broadcast from Joyce Meyer's website called "Don't Take Offense" and it is really good. I am learning some things.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:11 PM

8,830 posts, read 5,855,016 times
Quote:
I am watching the TV broadcast from Joyce Meyer's website called "Don't Take Offense" and it is really good. I am learning some things.
There you go....go Joyce!! Some inspirational teachings from Joyce would probably benefit you greatly right now.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:24 PM

3,761 posts, read 5,245,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
There you go....go Joyce!! Some inspirational teachings from Joyce would probably benefit you greatly right now.
It did. I feel much better now.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:56 PM

1,463 posts, read 2,236,093 times
I watch Joyce every morning, she tells it like it is. She doesn't set herself up like some perfect person and shares her struggles. I love that!
Proverbs says, "A gentle word turns away wrath". I have used that more than once. So many times we want to jump in there when someone is rude or unkind. So many times if I am gentle back to them or understanding then they back down and admit they are just having a bad day.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:54 PM

8,830 posts, read 5,855,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
I watch Joyce every morning, she tells it like it is. She doesn't set herself up like some perfect person and shares her struggles. I love that!
Proverbs says, "A gentle word turns away wrath". I have used that more than once. So many times we want to jump in there when someone is rude or unkind. So many times if I am gentle back to them or understanding then they back down and admit they are just having a bad day.
I watch Joyce every morning also! I'm disappointed if I don't get to, but on her website you can download podcasts if you can't watch the show.

After many, many years of exploding on people for injustices, rudeness and the likes, I have finally learned through praying for peace (which I received in abundance) and the Holy Spirit that your last statement is the ONLY way to handle things to get good results.

And PG77, your battle at work is futile. I had to learn that the hard way also. I think you should follow the suggestions from Mams1559 post about work related things. Don't be like me and tell them all to shove it and have 100 different jobs behind you to show for it!!

I like to think that I wouldn't do that now. God bless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity