Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:04 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDraven9 View Post
To be honest, I don't really know whether it is a sin or not because you hear alot of people say it isn't, and alot more say it is a sin, based on what they have read on internet articles or from catholic bible scriptures, or even the Holy Bible itself, King James Version. I'd just like for someone to give me a straight answer from the heart, all jokes and sarcasm to the side, is it a sin or not. Because just like denverian said, its apart nature 1, and 2 it becomes even more overbearing and difficult as the days wear on, this would have to be like my 3rd day denying it, soooo to be honest even looking at commercials on T.V could open a door to temptation. and the internet can be even worse because its just full of advertisements that are fleshy and all the more worse, inviting with pictures in alot of sites. hhhEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPppppp!!!!
It is a sin UNLESS you can do it without lusting after someone other than your husband or wife, if you do then that is adultery of the heart. Good Luck!

Old 12-17-2008, 04:47 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
To be honest, I don't really know whether it is a sin or not because you hear alot of people say it isn't, and alot more say it is a sin, based on what they have read on internet articles or from catholic bible scriptures, or even the Holy Bible itself, King James Version. I'd just like for someone to give me a straight answer from the heart, all jokes and sarcasm to the side, is it a sin or not. ...
It is not a sin.

I have studied the Bible a good deal on this issue.

Nowhere does the Bible say it is a sin.

No man has the authority to make up new sins. Only God can say if a thing is a sin. God does not say it is a sin, so it can not be a sin.

The OT law says that coveting another man's wife is a sin. Jesus confirmed this. So if you lust for another man's wife, coveting her, then that would be a sin. Even if you were not MB at the time.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
It is not a sin.

I have studied the Bible a good deal on this issue.

Nowhere does the Bible say it is a sin.

No man has the authority to make up new sins. Only God can say if a thing is a sin. God does not say it is a sin, so it can not be a sin.

The OT law says that coveting another man's wife is a sin. Jesus confirmed this. So if you lust for another man's wife, coveting her, then that would be a sin. Even if you were not MB at the time.
If you can do it without lusting after someone, conjuring a person in your mind is lusting; Jesus said, if you lust after a woman, you have committed adultery in your heart.

If you can do it without conjuring a person or thinking of someone then you are not sinning. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-17-2008 at 08:50 PM..

Old 12-17-2008, 08:49 PM

The vain reasonings of sinful man, can never have the grace of God's Word.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
The vain reasonings of sinful man, can never have the grace of God's Word.
So you are saying, we can not grasp the 10 commandments etc...?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,565 times
Quote:
To be honest, I don't really know whether it is a sin or not because you hear alot of people say it isn't, and alot more say it is a sin, based on what they have read on internet articles or from catholic bible scriptures, or even the Holy Bible itself, King James Version. I'd just like for someone to give me a straight answer from the heart, all jokes and sarcasm to the side, is it a sin or not. Because just like denverian said, its apart nature 1, and 2 it becomes even more overbearing and difficult as the days wear on, this would have to be like my 3rd day denying it, soooo to be honest even looking at commercials on T.V could open a door to temptation. and the internet can be even worse because its just full of advertisements that are fleshy and all the more worse, inviting with pictures in alot of sites. hhhEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPppppp!!!!
Hey all I know is that God is in control, we are suppose to get to know him for ourselves. I have struggled with masturbation...I believe mine comes from a lack of intimacy with my husband and I don't mean the lack of sex. Sometimes it can get so methodical...do and be done with no fulfillment of my need for love etc. Well with that said some years ago I found myself practicing masturbation...at one point was delivered from it but now have found myself falling back into it. With that said, I noticed my hair starting to thin and fall out, I thought that what I was doing was harmless and something personal for me! well not so...In just really praying and asking God to show me why this was wrong he began to do so. First of all I was no longer being pleasured the way I should be by being with my husband at all, it just took the desire totally away...cause of course he could not do it like I could, secondly I have learned that I am voiding out the love that God so desires to fill in every lacking area of my life by doing it myself. Research shows that the over stimulation of the body can cause an imbalance in hormones, now that I am spending time with God and getting to know his side to this through prayer and not by what someone else is telling me to do, but true fellowship and humility toward the Father he is talking to me and showing me in His Word also. I am just beginning this walk, but I will be glad to keep you posted if you want! Just trying to be the best I can be for the Father in every area of life and getting to know what His desires are for my life is all. Hope this helps some! God bless you...

Old 06-18-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshubbard
Hey all I know is that God is in control, we are suppose to get to know him for ourselves.
True.

Quote:
... I have struggled with masturbation ... I believe mine comes from a lack of intimacy with my husband and I don't mean the lack of sex. Sometimes it can get so methodical ... do and be done with no fulfillment of my need for love etc. Well with that said some years ago I found myself practicing masturbation...at one point was delivered from it but now have found myself falling back into it.
Why do you feel that you need to be delivered from it?

Only man's religions can dream up a new 'sin's and dictate them God.

God [who is in control] made your body. God made your body perfect, and within your body are desires and needs.

God did give us guidelines for life, and sins to avoid. There is no need to dream up new sins.

It is not profitable for us to dream up new sins, new doctrines. What is profitable for us is to live godly lives within God's Word.

To try and enforce man-made doctrines on ourselves or onto others is vanity.

Forsaking God and His laws is vain.

Enjoy your body. God designed it. God knows that it has desires.

May God bless you.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:58 AM

825 posts, read 1,034,663 times
Why would god give you desires like this and then make it a sin?Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-09-2012 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: +inappropriate suggestion

Old 08-09-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
Why would god give you desires like this and then make it a sin? Moderator cut: orphaned portion.
Fortunately our Creator never said it was a sin. Some organized religions have devised it to be a 'sin', but no where in scripture is such stated.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-09-2012 at 07:47 PM..

Old 08-09-2012, 11:17 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Masturbation is N-O-T a sin. Sheez. The guilt on the posted threads around here is getting really out of hand. I asked a Catholic priest what HE thought about this. He said it was a bad habit more so than it is a sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity