Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 05:54 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,390,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

I do not know a great deal about Franz, but clearly he is just another high profile Judas much like Queen Christina of Sweden. I would hesitate to trust a man who was so recently cast out to be entirely impartial and honest about his former religion.
A very wise position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 06:34 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,527,989 times
Anyone knowledgeable about this organization? silentlambs.org - Personal Experiences - My Story

On this website are hundreds of stories of individuals that have spoken out, many for the first time, on the abuse they experienced in the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is our hope that this information will help educate the public and JW’s about the extent of this problem as well as assist in helping abuse survivors to know they are not alone.

At silentlambs we have witnesses amazing transformations when victims find their voice. Many have started the healing road in therapy, education, speaking out to family and friends, and most importantly reporting child molesters to proper authorities. In the end what is accomplished? Children are protected. That is the mission of silentlambs and if we can assist you do not hesitate to call our hotline or email us at info@silentlambs.org

We know we do not have all the answers, but we believe you, it was not your fault, and want you to know that you are not alone. For many that is the first step on the path to healing.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorALly View Post
Anyone knowledgeable about this organization? silentlambs.org - Personal Experiences - My Story

On this website are hundreds of stories of individuals that have spoken out, many for the first time, on the abuse they experienced in the organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is our hope that this information will help educate the public and JW’s about the extent of this problem as well as assist in helping abuse survivors to know they are not alone.

At silentlambs we have witnesses amazing transformations when victims find their voice. Many have started the healing road in therapy, education, speaking out to family and friends, and most importantly reporting child molesters to proper authorities. In the end what is accomplished? Children are protected. That is the mission of silentlambs and if we can assist you do not hesitate to call our hotline or email us at info@silentlambs.org

We know we do not have all the answers, but we believe you, it was not your fault, and want you to know that you are not alone. For many that is the first step on the path to healing.
Familiar with it.

Similar stories abound about all Churches. The problem is verifying any such. Catholic's, Baptists, Lutheran's, Independent Churches, Presbyterian's, etc all have this problem as predator's look for churches as they are open to their wiles. The biggest difference is that stories about Jehovah's Witnesses hit and stay in the news while the same actions in other Churches get 1 exposure and then that is it. Where I used to live a pastor at Calvary Chapel was caught sexually abusing a child. One short report and then hidden. Ditto a Lutheran and an Independent Church all in my town.

Oh a JW elder was caught at the same time and in the news for weeks. He was expelled from the Church.

The other pastors ? Who knows, the churches covered it up very quickly. Where is their "Silent Lambs"? Poor kids, abandoned to protect their churches reputation.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:59 AM

97 posts, read 55,669 times
Dear Preterist
Kind regards I am one of JWs. I wouldnt worry about your experience with the ladies who were calling on you. They ll be back. Like you I have a keen mind and heart for God's Word. I am an avid Bible collector and have 19 different Bibles, concordances and Interlinear with Hebrew, Greek and English.
I will just say about Luke 23:43 About the evildoer that Jesus said would be in Paradise. If Jesus was to die and go to heaven after 3 days and part of 3 nights there would be no way the evildoer could be in Paradise TODAY. For 2 reasons. The first Jesus had to die and be risen as a spirit creature by his Father. 2. The evildoer would not have been eligible to be in heaven as unrighteous persons according to Pauls words at 1 Cor 6:9, 10. preclude that. Even if he was a thief or reviler he had to repent to be forgiven for his sins. The fact he hung alongside Jesus showed he wasnt. He has the hope of a resurrection and a second chance to learn about God Jehovah and his purposes Jesus spoke of that at John 5:28, 29
Finally I wonder if you ever despair how much the Bibles prophecies are being fulfilled so speedily. What changes have you seen occur over time?
Have a great day.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:13 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REFORMED View Post
I am excited to say that about a year ago, after years of seeking out my own truth from the Lord, I found the truth of the Bible in it's truest form. Realizing a true relationship with the Lord changed my entire understanding of what I had known as a Jehovah's Witness.
Nothing special ther. You simply found a different flavour lollipop that tasted better. Many people change flavours.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:29 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,185,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Nothing special ther. You simply found a different flavour lollipop that tasted better. Many people change flavours.
Well, bless your heart! You're just so nice and understanding and respectful of other's opinions!

Old 06-29-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrin57 View Post
Dear Preterist
Kind regards I am one of JWs. I wouldnt worry about your experience with the ladies who were calling on you. They ll be back. Like you I have a keen mind and heart for God's Word. I am an avid Bible collector and have 19 different Bibles, concordances and Interlinear with Hebrew, Greek and English.
I will just say about Luke 23:43 About the evildoer that Jesus said would be in Paradise. If Jesus was to die and go to heaven after 3 days and part of 3 nights there would be no way the evildoer could be in Paradise TODAY. For 2 reasons. The first Jesus had to die and be risen as a spirit creature by his Father. 2. The evildoer would not have been eligible to be in heaven as unrighteous persons according to Pauls words at 1 Cor 6:9, 10. preclude that. Even if he was a thief or reviler he had to repent to be forgiven for his sins. The fact he hung alongside Jesus showed he wasnt. He has the hope of a resurrection and a second chance to learn about God Jehovah and his purposes Jesus spoke of that at John 5:28, 29
Finally I wonder if you ever despair how much the Bibles prophecies are being fulfilled so speedily. What changes have you seen occur over time?
Have a great day.
Yes Greek has no comma's so, where to put it:

Truly I tell you today, ... or Truly I tell you, today ....

Context makes the decision and the man could not be in Paradise that day. After all Jesus was not in Paradise that day so the man could not be with him. He also wasn't in heaven that day, so no one could be with him there.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:15 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,185,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes Greek has no comma's so, where to put it:

Truly I tell you today, ... or Truly I tell you, today ....

Context makes the decision and the man could not be in Paradise that day. After all Jesus was not in Paradise that day so the man could not be with him. He also wasn't in heaven that day, so no one could be with him there.
That's a long way to go to make that point.

Where was "Paradise"? Why did Jesus say he'd be with him there?

Old 06-29-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
That's a long way to go to make that point.

Where was "Paradise"? Why did Jesus say he'd be with him there?
No, it is a short way to get it right as regardless of where or what Paradise is, Jesus was not there THAT day. he was in the Grave for parts of 3 days.

Why? Because it shows us that a repentant sinner who acknowledges Jesus as their king and savior, can get a resurrection when Jesus rules over the earth after this system ends. Paradise is the original home of man, the earth under God's rule, not heaven.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:18 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Well, bless your heart! You're just so nice and understanding and respectful of other's opinions!
I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity