Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 07:13 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times

Advertisements

I believe God created man and wife... like Adam and Eve... it wasn't Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve... only MAN and WIFE can build a family, have children, bring life into this world... it will be the fall of Man if it is to become a world of Husband and Husband, Wife and Wife... who would continue on? God did not create this as the way we should LIVE... I do not believe he would want it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 07:54 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Those are good questions. I've read from at least one on CDF that argued indeed that sex is only to procreate, and when procreation is no longer possible due to age then sex should not occur, but I'm pretty sure they were being sarcastic.
Isnt this also what Catholics believe? Or have they changed that too, ie eating meat on Friday or St. Christopher being a saint?

Old 07-17-2008, 09:27 AM

139 posts, read 434,936 times
Many liberal minded Christians are now supporting this legalization, thinking that God the Father has no problems with this union, much less have any problems with homosexuality in general. This is because of "mans doctrine" of the Bible.

For those of you who really want to know what God the Father thinks about same sex marriages, the Bible once again gives us a very direct and solemn answer on this very controversial issue. It simply is a matter of putting together 2 very basic and solid verses from Scripture.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

I believe these are the two strongest and strictest warnings that God can possibly give us on this one topic.

When God uses the word "abomination" to describe this specific sin - He is using the strongest and most intense word that He can possibly use to describe what He really thinks about this particular sin. There is simply no way to spin or sugarcoat what these two verses are trying to tell us. They are both direct and as plain as day.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:43 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route_66_traveler View Post
Many liberal minded Christians are now supporting this legalization, thinking that God the Father has no problems with this union, much less have any problems with homosexuality in general.
Actually no. This liberal minded Christian thinks I shouldn't be oppressing others with my religious views.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:20 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,442 times
Jesus would tell the ant-gay marriage camp to not bother with things that don't affect them and to live their own lives, love their neighbor, and not judge.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:53 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,410 times
rake me thru the coals if you wish...
But I dont think Jesus would take up issues, he wasnt worried about the things in this world so much as he was about things in the next one. Romans, according to history, were a very homosexual society in that day that Jesus lived, and I dont find Him taking issues against it. Did he think it was wrong? yes the bible says its wrong, God says it wrong, but people do not want to listen to sound doctrine (the Bible) and want to do whatever feels good or works for them, regardless of whether its right or wrong. So God just lets them do whatever, but there is a time coming when everyone must give an account before God of all that they do. Me, Arguy, is not the judge, God is.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:38 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Default Sound Doctrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
This is yet again a misinterpretation of the Bible. Jesus was the son of God, not God in the flesh. Or better yet, he was God in the flesh but so am I. We all are. Jesus recognizes that fact and in fact tells people not to worship him, worship the Father. Modern Christianity has turned Jesus into God and may in a way be worshiping another in the place of God. The book says Jesus is our savior, and that we should repent in his name. But worship belongs to God. And who knows, maybe Jesus would have responded to the issue in the way you describe. But to speak for Jesus is blasphemy, for he is not here to answer for himself.

You state: "Jesus was the Son of God, not God in the flesh. Or better yet,He was God in the flesh but so am I. We all are." (end quote)

Then later on in your bantering, you state: "But to speak for Jesus is blasphemy, for He is not here to answer for Himself." (end quote)

Well, were you not Jesus a few moments ago? We all are, remember? Do you see now how contradicting those statements are? Can't make sense out of nonsense. Let me help out some.

The Father Revealed

"If you had known Me, you would
have know the Father also; and from
now on you know him and have seen
Him.'

Phillip said to him, "Lord, show us
the Father, and it is sufficient for us."

Jesus said to him,"Have I been with
you so long, and yet you have not known
Me, Phillip? He who has seen Me has
seen the Father; so how can you say,
"Show us the Father?"

"Do you not believe that I am in the
Father, and the Father in Me? The
words that I speak to you I do not speak

on My own authority; but the Father who
dwells in Me does the works.

"Believe Me that I am in the Father
and the Father in Me, or else believe Me
for the sake of the works themselves. (John 14 versus 7-11)

Then you went on to say: "Jesus in fact went on to tell people not to worship Him, worship the Father" (end quote) Let me help out here again:

The Way, the Truth, and the Life

"Let not your heart be troubled;
you believe in God, believe also in Me.

"In My Father's house are many mansions;
if it were not so, I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you.

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I
will come again and receive you to Myself; that
where I am, there you may be also.

"And where I go you know, and the way you know."

Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where
You are going, and how can we know the way?"

Jesus said to him, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.
No one comes to the Father except through Me."

(John 14 Versus 1-6)

Hope this helps.

Your sister in Christ Jesus

Old 07-17-2008, 01:15 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Marriage is for the procreation of children. I don't think that fits the gay life style.

Maybe that's just a retorical question.

My partner and I are gay and have two sons, yet our sons don't benefit from the protection of marriage. Does that mean you're anti-child?

Yeah, it is pretty rough fitting fatherhood into our gay lifestyles, what with all the drugs, clubbing, anonymous sex, shopping, dining out, and trips to the free clinic

Old 07-17-2008, 01:17 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I believe God created man and wife... like Adam and Eve... it wasn't Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve... only MAN and WIFE can build a family, have children, bring life into this world... it will be the fall of Man if it is to become a world of Husband and Husband, Wife and Wife... who would continue on? God did not create this as the way we should LIVE... I do not believe he would want it...
Ooooohhhhhh! My Bible must have had a typo. I thought it said Adam and "Steve". Thanks for pointing that out to me. I'm going to go choose to be able to love a woman and then get married. PuhRAZE JAY-zus!

Old 07-17-2008, 01:37 PM

519 posts, read 1,697,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Hi Celticlady,

You have a great point though about priorities. Open homosexuality probably wasn't as common as adultery, injustice, hypocrisy etc..
Let's not forget about the Greeks ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity