Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:22 PM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,186,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Is it Saturday? Is it Sunday? Does it matter?
First things first, Israel had been slaves for 430 years in Egypt, I believe I can forget quite a bit and learn some other stuff in that amount of time. So, in chapter 16 of Exodus God put forth a test of love and faith, they had not even made to Sinai yet. That Sabbath thing is still a test of and love and faith. Paul makes the argument that Israel could not keep the Sabbath because of unbelief, then he stated that there still remains a keeping of the Sabbath. Why? Because God kept it from the creation of the world. Hebrews 3:11 - 4:11. Now which day is that? Well Paul makes is perfectly clear which day it is. I will end by pointing out a few NT scriptures.
Matthew 5:19, 19:17
1 John 2:3, 4; 3:23-24; 1 John 5:2, 3

Now if I apply Ephesians 2 and Colossians 2 we have a problem. Or maybe not, John and Jesus is speaking of the Ten Commandments and Paul is addressing circumcision. I do not remember the command to circumcise in the Ten Commandments. Then I have to deal with what Paul refers to as the "hand written ordinances". Now if you don't mind, I must refer to the OT as this were Paul is basing his logic. Exodus 18:20 is the first time the word is used and notice its context. Then there is Leviticus 18 notice the context. Numbers 9:12 (read the entire chapter). Second Kings 17:34 and 37, please notice the context. And there are many more text to help us understand what Paul means. I also believe that there is ample NT texts after Jesus went to heaven to show which day the NT Church worshiped on. Acts chapters 13, 15, 16, 17 and 18. God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 04:06 PM

41 posts, read 81,714 times
Default Jesus did not keep the sabaath or sabaaths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA View Post
First things first, Israel had been slaves for 430 years in Egypt, I believe I can forget quite a bit and learn some other stuff in that amount of time. So, in chapter 16 of Exodus God put forth a test of love and faith, they had not even made to Sinai yet. That Sabbath thing is still a test of and love and faith. Paul makes the argument that Israel could not keep the Sabbath because of unbelief, then he stated that there still remains a keeping of the Sabbath. Why? Because God kept it from the creation of the world. Hebrews 3:11 - 4:11. Now which day is that? Well Paul makes is perfectly clear which day it is. I will end by pointing out a few NT scriptures.
Matthew 5:19, 19:17
1 John 2:3, 4; 3:23-24; 1 John 5:2, 3

Now if I apply Ephesians 2 and Colossians 2 we have a problem. Or maybe not, John and Jesus is speaking of the Ten Commandments and Paul is addressing circumcision. I do not remember the command to circumcise in the Ten Commandments. Then I have to deal with what Paul refers to as the "hand written ordinances". Now if you don't mind, I must refer to the OT as this were Paul is basing his logic. Exodus 18:20 is the first time the word is used and notice its context. Then there is Leviticus 18 notice the context. Numbers 9:12 (read the entire chapter). Second Kings 17:34 and 37, please notice the context. And there are many more text to help us understand what Paul means. I also believe that there is ample NT texts after Jesus went to heaven to show which day the NT Church worshiped on. Acts chapters 13, 15, 16, 17 and 18. God Bless
Do you have the peace beyond understanding. the Sabbath rest?

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:7)

Old 07-22-2008, 07:24 PM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,186,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha Shemuel View Post
Do you have the peace beyond understanding. the Sabbath rest?

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 4:7)
By God's grace, I have His peace that passeth all understanding. That's comforts me in times of trouble. God Bless.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:30 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,337,535 times
"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another"
Romans 15:19

Please.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:15 AM

537 posts, read 1,322,571 times
I was confused about this topic for awhile as well and I saught the Lord and studied His word. I now keep Saturday as the Sabbath.
The antichrist system has changed it to Sunday and many are deceived, (like I was).
If we love Him we are to keep His commandments. His commandments are summed up in loving Him and loving one another, which if we follow all 10 commandments those two will be fullfilled. He came to fullfill not destroy. He showed us by example how to live.

Devoted to Truth - Answers To Questions about the Word Of God

Old 07-23-2008, 09:33 AM

Default What scripture states something like, "if you have not the peace beyond understanding you missed Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another"
Romans 15:19

Please.
What scripture states something like, "if you have not the peace beyond understanding you missed Christ. I cannot think of the exact words to search in my bible software. The king James exact words, so I cannot find it today.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:37 AM

Default The Holy Spirit is not in the building made with hands when

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWay2MO View Post
I was confused about this topic for awhile as well and I saught the Lord and studied His word. I now keep Saturday as the Sabbath.
The antichrist system has changed it to Sunday and many are deceived, (like I was).
If we love Him we are to keep His commandments. His commandments are summed up in loving Him and loving one another, which if we follow all 10 commandments those two will be fullfilled. He came to fullfill not destroy. He showed us by example how to live. thine

Bide tongue, lest ye be found a false teacher.

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
(I Corinthians 14:33)
But the Lord is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten.
(Jeremiah 20:11)

O Lord, to us belongeth confusion of face, to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers, because we have sinned against thee.
(Daniel 9:8)

Old 07-23-2008, 09:40 AM

Default Sunset too Sunset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWay2MO View Post
If we love Him we are to keep His commandments. His commandments are summed up in loving Him and loving one another, which if we follow all 10 commandments those two will be fullfilled. He came to fullfill not destroy. He showed us by example how to live.

Do you keep the True New Year set by Moses Levitical High Priests ever Barley estrest?

Old 07-23-2008, 11:42 AM

537 posts, read 1,322,571 times
Elisha, you are confusing me lol, I have no clue what those verses have to do with anything I said

I do not obey Moses' laws I obey God's, simple as that. Be simple minded!

Rom 16:17¶Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Rom 16:18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Last edited by Asthedeer; 07-23-2008 at 12:08 PM..

Old 08-22-2008, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,261 times
Here are a few scriptures to help everyone. Jesus said if you love me you will keep my commandments. So if we love Jesus we will keep his commandments and the would include the fourth commandment which is to remember the sabbath day and to keep it holy. Also doesnt the sabbath go back to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Any way here is some scripts from the King James version.
Hebrews 4: 4-11 Matthew 5:18-19 Exodus 20: 1-17 Deuteronomy 5: 12-15 John 14:15 Luke 6:5 Luke 13:10 Isaiah 58: 13-14
Acts 13:14 Isaiah 66: 22-23 Mark 6:2 Matthew 19: 16,17
1 John 2:4 1 John 5:3 Gen 2: 2-3

I hope this helps everyone. Please read them all and you will see that there is more evidence to show that we need to keep the Sabbath (Saturday) than the evidence of not keeping it. Anyway God is telling us to rest and take it easy. Its not like he is saying go plow the field. Hey I dont have a problem keeping the Sabbath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity