Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:16 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I am glad that you found relief, but I am concerned that they knew the names of the demons. How could they possibly know that?
It has been my experience that God often reveals hidden things to His people. I recall one night how I was returning home from working the 4 to 12 shift and I was just thanking the Lord for my life, when God spoke to me when I was right in the middle of my prayer. He broke my whole train of thought and said. "Your wife is going to have a child" Thats all He said, but I heard Him just as if He was sitting next to me. I got home as quick as I could to tell my wife what happend. Yet by the time I got there, I discovered she had already gone to bed. So I recall leaning on the door of our bedroom and thinking to myself, "my poor wife, she is pregnant, and she does not even know it". I then went to bed, and woke up about three hours later and discovered my wife in the bathroom trying to throw up. As it turned out, she was pregnant. I believe from time to time God gives certain abilities and knowledge to people for what ever His purpose are. And I believe in the case of the demonic encounter I had, God put people in a position to deal with those powers that were effecting me. Jesus, truly is a God of wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 03:55 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,291 times
I have heard that the devils always go after the people who are closest to God. These people are the greatest threat to the devils.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:34 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Stop spending your energy focusing on Satan. When you buy a new car do you notice how all of a sudden you see the same car everywhere? Your attention is focused there and you see. Why focus on bad? focus on God and bring that into your life. If there are people around you that are draining you bless them and let them go. Stop making excuses. By happy and live a good life. You are free. You are blessed. Show it and believe it.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:28 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Stop spending your energy focusing on Satan. When you buy a new car do you notice how all of a sudden you see the same car everywhere? Your attention is focused there and you see. Why focus on bad? focus on God and bring that into your life. If there are people around you that are draining you bless them and let them go. Stop making excuses. By happy and live a good life. You are free. You are blessed. Show it and believe it.
Well AONE sometimes life is not always that simple. And sometimes the dark forces try to attack Gods people. So when that happens is is always good to know how to fight him. And some of us have had to do such. It appears you have never been in a real spiritual battle. Often when someone is really trying to get close to God the dark forces try to derail that one. And that is what we are talking about here. It can get pretty heavy.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:33 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Half the battle as they say, is knowing. We Christ believing brothers and sisters know that we are indeed in the last days. The devil is on a rampage seeking whom he may devour. Sing, shout, pray, dance for Jesus like never before! It's "we" that he is after! It's all Christians alike. His plan of attacked is to remove God's plan of salvation from within our hearts so that when he attacks, we are left hopeless, powerless to fight him! Put on the whole armor of God my friend, all of it! Stay prayed up. I will be praying for you okay. This is not it. More is coming. Don't be afraid. Stand up for Jesus. He is God. He is Able to keep you safe. I use to be afraid for my children and what they will have to face out here in this world, especially in these last days. Now I am not afraid anymore, I get on my knees with my children (3yr-old twins and 8yr-old son) everyday and talk to Jesus. Keep them covered. Teach them how to do battle with the adversary. He is God Almighty! Read Psalms 91 before you go to sleep at night. I find it comforting. We serve an awesome God. To God be the Glory Now and Forever!!

Your sister in Christ Jesus

Old 08-07-2008, 06:31 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Half the battle as they say, is knowing. We Christ believing brothers and sisters know that we are indeed in the last days. The devil is on a rampage seeking whom he may devour. Sing, shout, pray, dance for Jesus like never before! It's "we" that he is after! It's all Christians alike. His plan of attacked is to remove God's plan of salvation from within our hearts so that when he attacks, we are left hopeless, powerless to fight him! Put on the whole armor of God my friend, all of it! Stay prayed up. I will be praying for you okay. This is not it. More is coming. Don't be afraid. Stand up for Jesus. He is God. He is Able to keep you safe. I use to be afraid for my children and what they will have to face out here in this world, especially in these last days. Now I am not afraid anymore, I get on my knees with my children (3yr-old twins and 8yr-old son) everyday and talk to Jesus. Keep them covered. Teach them how to do battle with the adversary. He is God Almighty! Read Psalms 91 before you go to sleep at night. I find it comforting. We serve an awesome God. To God be the Glory Now and Forever!!

Your sister in Christ Jesus
Amen, Sister Betsey!!! I love your posts.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 AM

352 posts, read 553,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I agree with you AONE about be blessed by God and being set free, but the demonic realm isn't something to be trifled with. We are freed in Christ, but the devil and his minions still have the ability to taint our minds and fill us with despair to the point that some will turn away from God, being filled with pain and inner torment, and some will bring physical harm upon themselves. When you are a Christian, and you are plagued with a demonic influence, it is easy to lose sight of Christ because the demon within is trying to torment you and do everything in its power to keep you from doing God's will and bringing glory back to the Father. Over time, if the demon isn't removed, you will start to give into its will and eventually you will lose the fight despite wanting to remain a child of Jesus. I sympathize for the OP and anyone else who feels plagued right now by the devil; keep fighting and remember that God has given you the tools to fight back. Read Ephesians 6:10-20 as it gives insight into fighting the devil; talk with other Christians about the issue and ask for God's deliverance. Just don't give up!

Old 08-11-2008, 01:12 AM

7 posts, read 50,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
I agree with you AONE about be blessed by God and being set free, but the demonic realm isn't something to be trifled with. We are freed in Christ, but the devil and his minions still have the ability to taint our minds and fill us with despair to the point that some will turn away from God, being filled with pain and inner torment, and some will bring physical harm upon themselves. When you are a Christian, and you are plagued with a demonic influence, it is easy to lose sight of Christ because the demon within is trying to torment you and do everything in its power to keep you from doing God's will and bringing glory back to the Father. Over time, if the demon isn't removed, you will start to give into its will and eventually you will lose the fight despite wanting to remain a child of Jesus. I sympathize for the OP and anyone else who feels plagued right now by the devil; keep fighting and remember that God has given you the tools to fight back. Read Ephesians 6:10-20 as it gives insight into fighting the devil; talk with other Christians about the issue and ask for God's deliverance. Just don't give up!
Phil 4:8 is a tremendous shield for our minds!

And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
New Living Translation © 1996 Tyndale Charitable Trust

I was going through terrible times, with some things being absolutely devastating and landed up having panic attacks etc. It took me over a year to recover from the signs and symptoms of panic attacks, even though I was trusting the Lord all the way. However, The Lord gave me Phil 4:8 and my goodness did it rescue me! We need to focus on the correct things. As long as we are focusing on the negative that is what we will get.

However, having said this, we also need to realise that there is an enemy out there and that we are fighting a spiritual warfare! So often we get so caught up reading the Word and praying and totally forgetting about the spiritual battle.

My way back from devastation, panic attacks etc, was :

1. Repenting for having my focus in the wrong place;
2. Binding satan in those areas of my life where I was having the problems
3. Focusing on Phil 4:8 and casting all my cares upon Him becuase he cares much for us!!

We need to dwell in the shadow of the Almighty - the shadow is created when He stands between us and our troubles!!

What a shield to my mind Phil 4:8 has been!! The Father rescued me through His Word!!

We can weather any storm knowing that He is at our side and when we have the peace that passes all understanding ruling in our hearts.

Surrender and let Him have control!

Old 08-13-2008, 11:13 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Wonderfully written. Keep the faith.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:57 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Do we believe God is in control or not?

Are we trying to box with God at times and not knowing it?

There can be mountains of theological debate on the subject but in short:

I believe God IS in control, the devil does nothing that surprises him, must get permission to do so, and is the instrument of evil used by God to further HIS pland for HIS ultimate glory in the end.

Sometimes us "fallen creatures" NEED hardship to come to our knees in submission to the one who IS worthy. THAT message is not preached anymore at all.

My job when and if attacked is submission - to God. Like Job did. I trust God. The gates of hell will not prevail.

The battle is the Lords. Satan is not a wild cowboy God has to "reel in" every now and then.

Can it seem to "not make sense"? Do we not know all the answers now? Yes. Are we told to trust and obey? Yes. We are told we only know "in part" until Christ returns. I'm okay with that. You?

Do we believe God is in control and sovereign or not?

That's what this boils down to for me.

So no, I don't feel like Satan is bearing down on me. Ever. He lost the battle when Christ rose from the dead and NOTHING...NOTHING could have stopped it. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity