Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 04:20 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I guess the biggest problem I am having with this situation is how someone can say "forgive me if I have done anything wrong" and then say "I am through with you, God knows my heart, my conscience is clear" and then not speak to you. What a contradiction.
Pg, that person is NOT acknowledging they did anything wrong They use the word IF..the rest sounds like he/she is placing the guilt on you..If you can let it go for now, let hurts, and temper mellow and pray about it, I think things will eventually be better..Continuing to fret and dwell on it will only cause you more suffering that can lead to health issues..Maybe it is time to lay it at the foot of the cross and trust Him to take care of it.~Hugs~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 04:28 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,440,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Pg, that person is NOT acknowledging they did anything wrong They use the word IF..the rest sounds like he/she is placing the guilt on you..If you can let it go for now, let hurts, and temper mellow and pray about it, I think things will eventually be better..Continuing to fret and dwell on it will only cause you more suffering that can lead to health issues..Maybe it is time to lay it at the foot of the cross and trust Him to take care of it.~Hugs~
I am leaving here in two weeks. I have a long rough journey ahead. I am struggling whether to write a letter saying how I feel before I go because I don't like leaving like this. I guess you are right. I should just lay it at the foot of the Cross and trust Him to take care of it. Thank you.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:16 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
I am leaving here in two weeks. I have a long rough journey ahead. I am struggling whether to write a letter saying how I feel before I go because I don't like leaving like this. I guess you are right. I should just lay it at the foot of the Cross and trust Him to take care of it. Thank you.
Yes lay it at the foot of the cross and trust God is exactly what you should do. God knows you have forgiven this person, you know it. Now you need to let it go, I know that's easier said than done. I would say don't write the letter, would it really change anything, but you do what you feel God leads to do.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes lay it at the foot of the cross and trust God is exactly what you should do. God knows you have forgiven this person, you know it. Now you need to let it go, I know that's easier said than done. I would say don't write the letter, would it really change anything, but you do what you feel God leads to do.
Thank you for your thoughts. I wrote the letter but I don't know whether I will give it to her or not. You know how they say write the letter, get it all out and then throw it away? Maybe that is all I needed to do. Thanks again.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:57 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; remember, things could be worse. You could be one of them!

PG, I know I just sent this to you personally, but wanted to share it on here. I am not by any means saying that we're better then others, but we're defintely a compassionate group of people.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; remember, things could be worse. You could be one of them!

PG, I know I just sent this to you personally, but wanted to share it on here. I am not by any means saying that we're better then others, but we're defintely a compassionate group of people.
Yes, we are!

Old 08-01-2008, 09:02 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,859,963 times
One of my brothers quit talking to me for 25 years and he woud never tell me why. Finally, as my mother was on her deathbed, my sis-in-law said something that made me stop in my tracks. She started to leave the room and I said NO, we have to have this out. It seems that whenever my husband expressed his opinion on any subject, my brother took it as a personal attack on him.
We had two years as friends after that. My brother died of a fast growing cancer 5 week after he was told there were no cancer cells in his body and no cancer markers in his blood. All I could think was a whole lifetime wasted on something so petty, a misunderstanding.

Don't waste time being mad at family members. Life is too short and you may never have the chance to make amends. DO IT NOW, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. You will feel so much better. One of you has to be the better man or woman. JUST DO IT! God bless.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
One of my brothers quit talking to me for 25 years and he woud never tell me why. Finally, as my mother was on her deathbed, my sis-in-law said something that made me stop in my tracks. She started to leave the room and I said NO, we have to have this out. It seems that whenever my husband expressed his opinion on any subject, my brother took it as a personal attack on him.
We had two years as friends after that. My brother died of a fast growing cancer 5 week after he was told there were no cancer cells in his body and no cancer markers in his blood. All I could think was a whole lifetime wasted on something so petty, a misunderstanding.

Don't waste time being mad at family members. Life is too short and you may never have the chance to make amends. DO IT NOW, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. You will feel so much better. One of you has to be the better man or woman. JUST DO IT! God bless.
I have not written this person off. She has written me off. I have tried communicating with her many times. She has ignored me. There is nothing more I can do.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:27 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,420 times
Quote:
I have not written this person off. She has written me off. I have tried communicating with her many times. She has ignored me. There is nothing more I can do.
You're absolutely right. Okiegirlfriend's advice is sound, of course, but communication is a two-way street. And, it needs to be productive, and actually accomplish something, (my last communication with my parents, almost three years ago, was a nasty letter from my mother, complete with Bible verses to back up her ugly attitude toward me, my daughter, and my grandchildren. An attack on me, I can handle. But, don't mess with my family!). I think most of us would prefer to make amends, were it possible, but if the other party won't meet you half-way, there's not much that can be done about it. It's unfortunate that certain people in our lives make such choices, but we are not responsible for them. It will never be something we're happy about, obviously, but life goes one, and we do the best we can.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that you never try to patch things up with this person. That is a decision that each of us must make. I'm just saying that we shouldn't beat ourselves up if we've done the best we can, and they don't reciprocate. I'm not much for throwing in the towel, but there does come a point, where you realize that banging your head against a stone wall is doing nothing but giving you a massive headache.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
I'm just saying that we shouldn't beat ourselves up if we've done the best we can, and they don't reciprocate. I'm not much for throwing in the towel, but there does come a point, where you realize that banging your head against a stone wall is doing nothing but giving you a massive headache.
You are right. I have been beating myself up for days and days about this and that is why I started this thread. I appreciate everyone's thoughts, advice and words of encouragement. It has helped me realize that I have done all I can do and I must move on. I have written a six-page letter and it has at least helped me get it all off my chest. I now have the decision of whether to send it or not. If I do, I will mail it the day that I leave here. Any thoughts on whether to send this letter, or just throw it away? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity