Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:52 PM

537 posts, read 1,317,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
Thanks Dahlila. I started searching for the information as well and found similar numbers. I wish the people who are so passionate about the unborn were as passionate about providing all women with much needed prenatal care. Or fought just as hard to lower the infant mortality rate.
I am fighting just as hard, that is why I speak up and want to be a midwife.
Prenatal care is not the factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 06:07 PM

22 posts, read 60,834 times
I'm kind of relieved reading this thread, I thought the majority of posters would say abortion was OK but it seems most are against it.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:38 PM

37,215 posts, read 60,933,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canti1232 View Post
I'm kind of relieved reading this thread, I thought the majority of posters would say abortion was OK but it seems most are against it.
Yes, most prefer to tell God what His laws should be.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:13 PM

15 posts, read 21,335 times
Default ultimate sin against GOD, THE FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
an unborn child is 'innocent life'.if a mothers life is in danger someones innocent life must end to prevent 2 peoples innocent lives ending.when a woman makes a 'choice' to have sex she knows what the result could be and an abortion in that case would be wrong.a 'rape' wouldnt cause the child to be any less 'innocent' though i suppose i would reluctantly leave the final decision to the woman in that case.none of this changes the fact that only a very small % of abortions are done to save the mother or involve rape,but rather are done as a means of 'after the fact birth control'.
GOD, THE FATHER, IS THE CREATOR. HE designs ea. baby as a different human from 14 billion different creations. HE is totally dedicated to HIS work. when you abort HIS finest work you are spitting in GOD'S face. this is the most ultimate sin. that is the reason why JESUS WENT TO THE CROSS. no other sin compares. read rev. 14:3-6 which describes a aborted baby. the fig tree is the tree of life. i hope you are not believing the lie of delusion. described in 2nd thessalonians 2:11 and isiah 66:4 .
abortion is symbolized as eating from the tree of life.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:52 PM

661 posts, read 1,180,424 times
Why does God abort 'HIS finest works' through miscarriage? Were they not good enough to be born? Why did God kill David and Bathsheba's innocent baby, instead of David? Why did God have pregnant Canaanite women and babies slaughtered?

When I look at the evidence from the Bible, it speaks to me of a God who does not hold life sacred, but arbitrarily killed thousands upon thousands, including his own people, even innocent ones. (eg David's census, when 70,000 Israelites died for his sin)

Old 09-23-2008, 11:04 PM

5,868 posts, read 3,745,972 times
I see what you are saying, ringweilder, but there's things that we will never understand about God here on this earth. There were circumstances behind all the things you mentioned, and God always warns before he strikes.

God holds his own creation dear, but He expects us to do what He says also. He said thou shalt not kill. Abortion is killing.

He's God and he created me, so I don't feel like I have any right to question anything he does. But I sure am going to do what he says.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmwal931 View Post
GOD, THE FATHER, IS THE CREATOR. HE designs ea. baby as a different human from 14 billion different creations.
Fine

Quote:
... HE is totally dedicated to HIS work.
Is this Biblical?

Quote:
... when you abort HIS finest work you are spitting in GOD'S face.
This is not Biblical.

Quote:
... this is the most ultimate sin
I do not have the authority to 'make-up' new sins.

You do not have the authority to 'make-up' sins.

God lists the sins, He does not list this as a sin. Neither you nor I have the authority to tell God what sins should be.

Quote:
... that is the reason why JESUS WENT TO THE CROSS.
The Bible does tell us the reason why Jesus died, it was nto about abortion.

Quote:
... no other sin compares. read rev. 14:3-6 which describes a aborted baby. the fig tree is the tree of life. i hope you are not believing the lie of delusion. described in 2nd thessalonians 2:11 and isiah 66:4 .
abortion is symbolized as eating from the tree of life.
Where are you getting this?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:07 AM

'He said thou shalt not kill.' So it's a case of saying, 'Do as I say but not as I do?'

I couldn't give my life and allegiance to such a hypocrite.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
'He said thou shalt not kill.' So it's a case of saying, 'Do as I say but not as I do?'

I couldn't give my life and allegiance to such a hypocrite.
Actually wasn't it 'Murder' and not 'kill'?

And it rather goes back to the whole when does life begin? Does it begin when God says it begins? Or do we make up our own time?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:40 AM

I was replying to one of the posts above who quoted the Scripture. My point is not whether it was 'kill' or 'murder', it was showing that God himself was a killer of the unborn and babies in the Bible.

The only answer I get is that its okay because He is God and to quote, 'there's things that we will never understand about God here on this earth.' So thats fine then? God can do these (from our understanding) hateful things but we must never question Him because He is God?

The unborn that God had killed were Canaanites and other pagan nations that were destroyed by the Israelites in their conquest of the promised land. Those were the 'circumstances' behind that slaughter.

By the same reasoning, and knowing God's unchangeableness, it would be right for Christians today to kill the unborn of non-Christians and have Gods blessing, would it not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity