Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:46 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
I was replying to one of the posts above who quoted the Scripture. My point is not whether it was 'kill' or 'murder', it was showing that God himself was a killer of the unborn and babies in the Bible.

The only answer I get is that its okay because He is God and to quote, 'there's things that we will never understand about God here on this earth.' So thats fine then? God can do these (from our understanding) hateful things but we must never question Him because He is God?
That is one way of viewing it.

Quote:
... The unborn that God had killed were Canaanites and other pagan nations that were destroyed by the Israelites in their conquest of the promised land. Those were the 'circumstances' behind that slaughter.

By the same reasoning, and knowing God's unchangeableness, it would be right for Christians today to kill the unborn of non-Christians and have Gods blessing, would it not?
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 12:08 PM

661 posts, read 1,183,601 times
From the foregoing then, God would actually be delighted if anyone other than a Christian has an abortion, because it is one less person he will have to destroy/send to hell.

It is only a sin therefore for a Christian to have an abortion.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:11 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmwal931 View Post
GOD, THE FATHER, IS THE CREATOR. HE designs ea. baby as a different human from 14 billion different creations. HE is totally dedicated to HIS work. when you abort HIS finest work you are spitting in GOD'S face. this is the most ultimate sin. that is the reason why JESUS WENT TO THE CROSS. no other sin compares. read rev. 14:3-6 which describes a aborted baby. the fig tree is the tree of life. i hope you are not believing the lie of delusion. described in 2nd thessalonians 2:11 and isiah 66:4 .
abortion is symbolized as eating from the tree of life.

Then you'd better tell him he's a sorry excuse for a creator. His "finest" work can be pretty crappy. You'd think by now he would be able to get it right 100% of the time.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:37 PM

249 posts, read 609,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahteist2 View Post
sin is a religious concept not a tangible reality

Sin is not solely a religious concept. Sin is missing the mark of perfection.

The Greek word hamartia (ἁμαρτία) is usually translated as sin in biblical text. In classical Greek, it means "to miss the mark" or "to miss the target" which is why the term is used in archery.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
... It is only a sin therefore for a Christian to have an abortion.
Again, only if one insists that sins are defined by man, and not by the Bible.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:13 PM

661 posts, read 1,183,601 times
Quote:
Again, only if one insists that sins are defined by man, and not by the Bible.
Agreed.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:06 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Infanticide is specifically condemned in several early Christian writings

The Didache of the Apostles (earliest known Christian document) and also the Epistle of Barnabas both state "You shall not commit infanticide"

Abortion also goes against the pro family attitude God wants from his followers. Women in stable married enironments don't want to an abortion because their child will be welcomed in the world and have the father help in its raising. Abortion is for people who practive Free Lust and want to have sex with people they have no commit to.

Personally, I DON'T want Roe vs Wade abolished because I want unGodly people to abort their children so their population will dwindle in numbers so God's followers can become a super majority. Personally, I think God is using abortion and the anti familiy mentality to make White Liberals in Europe in the US go extinct. White Liberals have an average birth rate of 1, which means within a generation their population will HALF

Old 09-26-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Infanticide is specifically condemned in several early Christian writings

The Didache of the Apostles (earliest known Christian document) and also the Epistle of Barnabas both state "You shall not commit infanticide"
I did not realize that such writings pre-dated "the Book of Acts".

Just so you understand the OP was about abortion, not infantcide.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:33 PM

126 posts, read 299,556 times
[quote=weatherologist;5266095]I have a scenerio for all of you who are so quick to make the "right to life.... I would go through the preg.&trust God that all things R N His perfect will,&it is APPOINTED once 4 a man 2 die,&then the judgement,so I wouldn't worry much cause I'm not gonna die Bfore my time.What Godly would be so scared of eternal judgement that she would justify a murder of convenious.In the scheme of eternity,whats a few decades?

Old 10-01-2008, 07:37 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Thank you for sharing that.

I was watching a (secular) news show, I think it was ABC news a few months back and they were looking at different aspects of abortion issues across several nights.

One evening the main story was about a woman with a story like yours. She now actually speaks on the subject publicly to bring awareness that an abortion after a rape could actually be considered a rape with two victims.

One raped, the other killed.

God bless you and your mother.
Definitely two victims there. Plus, abortion reduces the woman to the assailant since her response to being attacked by someone stronger than her was to attack someone weaker than her.

My mom had character and strong convictions. She always seemed to know what was right and that is what she did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity