Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2009, 08:55 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,010 times

Advertisements

So, what do we know for a fact?
1. It is possible for a name that is in the Book of Life to be removed.
2. It is possible for a righteous person to turn away from his righteousness and die in his sins.
3. It is possible for a sinner to turn from his trangressions and become righteous.
4. Only the righteous names will be in the Book of Life.
5. He that endureth to the end shall be saved.
6. If your name is not found written in the Book of Life you will be cast into the lake of fire.

Yes, to all above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 12:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
The only reality i know in life is to be found in Him where we come to know Him by nature and character . Jesus said I AM the reality(the Truth) of God (John 14 verse 6).

The Son (Jesus) is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being. Hebrews 1 verse 3

What does this all mean to me ? is I am secure in who He is . Just like David i can proclaim He is my Shepherd , He's my Refuge , He's my Hiding Place , He's my Shield and so forth .

Old 12-27-2009, 12:56 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
1. It is possible for a name that is in the Book of Life to be removed.
2. It is possible for a righteous person to turn away from his righteousness and die in his sins.
3. It is possible for a sinner to turn from his trangressions and become righteous.
4. Only the righteous names will be in the Book of Life.
5. He that endureth to the end shall be saved.
6. If your name is not found written in the Book of Life you will be cast into the lake of fire.

Yes, to all above.
Actually the names are not removed from the book of life but are blotted out. The names are hidden, blotted out.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:07 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Actually the names are not removed from the book of life but are blotted out. The names are hidden, blotted out.
That means they aren't there.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:51 PM

303 posts, read 569,707 times
1. It is NOT possible for a name that is in the Book of Life to be removed.

THINK AGAIN.....

Revelation 3
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Psalm 69
28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:24 AM

702 posts, read 961,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Once saved always saved ? Nope .
Perseverance of the Saints? Yes.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:42 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy View Post
Perseverance of the Saints? Yes.
To persevere is something a Saint would do when faced with trials and tribulations.

To fall away is what, sadly, most will do under the same circumstances. Their love will wax cold.

Big difference.

Matt 24:13
"He who endures to the end, the same shall be saved"- Jesus Christ.

Mark 13:13
"You will be hated by all because of My name, but the one who endures to the end, he will be saved." - Jesus Christ

Old 12-29-2009, 03:56 PM

702 posts, read 961,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
To persevere is something a Saint would do when faced with trials and tribulations.

To fall away is what, sadly, most will do under the same circumstances. Their love will wax cold.

Big difference.
Huh?

Old 12-29-2009, 03:59 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
That means they aren't there.
If you write a name on a piece of paper then blot it out.. the name is still there. It was there and it still is.. however, one cannot see it.

The name is not erased but blotted out as if it had never been.

So when you see the phrase "those not written in the book of life" you have to think about who it is that is written even though they may have been blotted out.. wouldn't you say?

Old 12-29-2009, 06:34 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
If you write a name on a piece of paper then blot it out.. the name is still there. It was there and it still is.. however, one cannot see it.

The name is not erased but blotted out as if it had never been.

So when you see the phrase "those not written in the book of life" you have to think about who it is that is written even though they may have been blotted out.. wouldn't you say?
Kat, I understand your line of reasoning, but doesn't this text deal with only Israel/Old Heavens and Earth/Old Covenant, that which is still under the Old Covenant that was "passing away"?

Take note as well, that even though these were Gentile churches, they were grafted into Israel, circumscised in the heart, yes, but still Israel, the Covenant peoples. Remember King Neb, Ruth and other Gentiles of the Old Testament, they were Israelis because they enetered into the Covenantal system that the Ethnic Israel was already in.

This Israel (2 Kings 14:27), was in the book of life (Rev 3:5), the book of the living (Psa 69:28), the names which are under Heaven (Deut 29:20), and so we must, as Preterists, stay within the contextual hermeneutics of this book of life, and discern that it is only dealing with Israel, Apostate and Righteous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity